TES Skyrim 0.153

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.153

@ Boris

It was set to false in those pictures.

No effect was enabled when I took those pictures

[EFFECT]

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false

EnableBloom=false
EnableAdaptation=false
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDetailedShadow=false
EnableSunRays=false
EnableSkyLighting=false
EnableReflection=false
EnableImageBasedLighting=false

Here are comparison images between version 0.151 and 0.153 in the Temple of Kynareth interior -> coc WhiterunTempleofKynareth

With both Sky enabled and disabled.

EDIT: removed screenshots

With sky enabled in both of the versions they look the same, it is when they are off they differ.

So for those using the sky settings ther is no problem to be had that I noticed myself. But for those that just want's the ENB SSAO, Detailed shadows or DoF for example and like how the vanilla game looks this is game breaker for thosee users. It's why I thought it was worth mentioning of this atleast to you.

There is nothing wrong with the shadows I just meant that I use ENBSeries with only detailed shadows activated and every other settings deactivated or set so it won't change the vanilla looks of Skyrim. I use it like this to see if I have placed new shadow lights or altered shadow lights correctly with Shadow caster fix enabled.

EDIT;

Should I remove the pics to free up some space in this thread now that you have found the bug?

awesome thank you :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
I deleted them myself.

TO ALL RAIN HATERS
Attached videos of the rain with hdr textures on background instead of game so you may see yourself is it realistic or not. Unfortunately i can't fix issue with encoding videos, they always look grayish, but this doesn't matter here. RainMotionTransparency set to 1, so motion stretch makes rain transparency equal to length of motion vector.
EDIT file deleted, who wanted, saw it.

*sensei*

Very much enjoying the progress being made. Not quite done testing the rain textures; I'm trying for something a little lighter, closer to the original Skyrim color but with the new effects, which are cool.

Also, and I'm sure people knew this was coming, let me just be the one to ask: With the new work you have been doing on rain effects, would it be conceivably possible at some point in the future to compute "SSAO for ENB rain" effect where the modded rain wouldn't fall through objects? O.O

I imagine that would be a lot of work or Bethesda would have done it themselves, and might not even be possible without disabling/replacing in-game rain altogether.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not hard, but i don't see reason in this. Rain is rare guest in skyrim and i don't care if the rain drops fall somewhere or not. They don't fill surfaces, they are not fluid, so why to spend performance?

ENBSeries wrote:Not hard, but i don't see reason in this. Rain is rare guest in skyrim and i don't care if the rain drops fall somewhere or not. They don't fill surfaces, they are not fluid, so why to spend performance?
We (the TES series fans) have been clamoring for proper collision culling of precipitation for literally ten years. It would do WONDERS for immersion to be able to get underneath a tent or whatever and actually not see rain or snow falling through it.

Obviously you don't have to do anything XD But, I (and many people) would GREATLY appreciate it if you could work something out for it. It would be more important to me than even SSAO (which is, right now, the single most important ENB feature for me), even as rare an occasion it would be that it would matter.

*sensei*

Yeah most of the players use weather overhaul mods, and they make rain not so rare in certain locations.

Modders are also trying to create collision for rain through creation kit. But this method requires editing each and every place that can be considered as shelter. So it becomes incompatible with any mod that changes the areas. Also the edited effect is merely a trigger to initialize a distant LOD kind of rain effect when under a shed and turning off the actual rain effect.

So basically there is no other way to do this without using help from shader effect which you make, or crack open skyrim codes, or get source code. But i say give it a try do some experiment, if it is not worth it performance wise or too complicated to make then drop it.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

+1

*sensei*

DigitalPrinceX wrote:Modders are also trying to create collision for rain through creation kit. But this method requires editing each and every place that can be considered as shelter. So it becomes incompatible with any mod that changes the areas. Also the edited effect is merely a trigger to initialize a distant LOD kind of rain effect when under a shed and turning off the actual rain effect.
The problem here is that modders will still need to mark shelters even if Boris will find some awesome way to cull raindrops. Because otherwise there will be no way to detect that your character is in the shelter, and that rain outside the shelter is not reaching him because it's raindrops are being blocked by another Boris's incantation.

But who cares! Would be great to see the proper rain in Skyrim.
Also, that damn rain is not that rare even in vanilla Skyrim, not rare at all i must say.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

+1 if..

A: It isn't a massive performance hog to achieve.
B: We can disable it if it is.

And rain isn't that rare, just depends more on the calendar.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz