TES Skyrim 0.155

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.155

ENBSeries wrote:I don't have, game version 1.9.32.0
Hmm... I will need to check my setting then (and maybe update the graphics driver).

Thanks,
MK

P.S.
A feature request - could the enbsunsprite be a 3D texture, not 2D? Also a matter about read/write depth focus - could You make an additional one, similar but about frame color? I would like to experiment with some time-scaled postprocessing effects.

@Boris
Sounds like your having a bit of a hard time, I hope things start getting better for you soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Matso
Users can't make lenz fx for sun with standart texture and you asking about volume texture? Every feature must be as simple and useful as possible, 2d texture atlas cover all needs for effect, even interpolation can be easily done and it's fast.
Average color in time sounds better, but it's very specific changes, so better not to define new standart for shaders, but to create new one. Which and when it should be processed?

ENBSeries wrote:Tywele
If somebody will do objects in 3d world (as different mod) which i could use as information about fog height, then development of much more realistic fog have sense, overwise it's a crap.
I actually spoke with you briefly ages ago about this... at the time you had elected to abandon the idea and move on to more feasible things, but if you're still interested in attempting something, I'd be interested in at least thinking about some .esp/scripted solution to provide you with the information you need.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Do you have an icq? Do you know how to import new geometry, setup material properties of it (invisible dummy)? Do you know solution to that old question how to draw huge object always in center of the world or place it to camera (not player)?

ENBSeries wrote:Matso
Users can't make lenz fx for sun with standart texture and you asking about volume texture? Every feature must be as simple and useful as possible, 2d texture atlas cover all needs for effect, even interpolation can be easily done and it's fast.
Average color in time sounds better, but it's very specific changes, so better not to define new standart for shaders, but to create new one. Which and when it should be processed?
What I meant about the texture is to have it say of sizes 256x256x8 and be able to apply diffrent sun sprites per pass (e.g. one is octagonal, one round, another triangle, next is some pack spracks etc.). But provided a bigger 2D texture (say 1024x1024) I can do the same with some tiles applied - so does't matter, all in all :)

About the second feature - I'd like to experiment with burn-out effect - when you gaze at a much bright light source and you turn the head away sometimes you get bright dots before your eyes glowing for some time (left behind in the place seconds ago the light source was). It is most often visible when one gazes at the sun. Color average can also be helpful in doing effects related with burn-out (e.g. narrowing of field of view, due to bright light sources in sight).

Above all, the moment of processing such effects could happen "arround" the bloom code, so I think.

MK

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess for performance reasons and better smoothing you should use blurred textures. But they limiting full screen shader or require a little bit more complex declaration. Textures must be hdr, so before enbeffect.fx, but tonemapping can easily turn your code to crap. Guess the only proper place is in enbeffect.fx, because it's part of tone mapping and eye adaptation. If i'll do external shader for downsampled computation of "average" screen color, is it enough for you to make bleached spots in enbeffect.fx? If so, previous frame result is the only problem left. How to use it? What about drawing in two render targets simultaneously in enbeffect.fx and do not clear secondary, make it as new input texture? Or should this be smaller texture and code similar to enbeffect.fx for it computation, then result passed as input to enbeffect.fx? Then what about sizes?

Since the newer enbs are not performing as well on the 4000 and 5000 series Radeon cards and I'm itching to upgrade I'm looking for a recommendation before I spend those dollars. (I also plan to play other games than Skyrim :) )
My current setup:
Processor: AMD Phenom 965 BE X4 3.4Ghz (not OC'd)
RAM: 8gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz (I have them set at 1333 for stability)
MOBO: Gigabyte (Don't remember the model but one of the best a couple years ago. Has usb 3.0, etc etc)
Vid Card: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon 5870 1gb
Running on Win 7 Pro and Skyrim off my SSD hard drive.

I want to get a new video card and trying to decide between a Radeon 7870, 7950 and a 7970. Of course the determining factor is price. I want to get the biggest bang for my buck. From what I hear the 8000 series isn't far away so I don't want to waste my money. But I could go ahead and get a 7970 now and future proof myself a bit.
Here are my picks so far:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814202025
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814202026
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814202001

*sensei*

Are you really so fond of ATI that you won't consider a Nvidia card?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Someones gotta buy ATi cards. Helps level the market. Don't talk him out of it. I just spent $999 partially because ATi doesn't have a competing card against the Titan.

Nvidia you jerks KNEW I was getting tax money, didn't you!

If ATi would of had their ducks in a row this year, they could of countered the Titan and made Nvidia sweat for a change. Instead they rolled on there backs like turtles while Nvidia arse raped the consumer. Disappointing to say the least.