TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim

Gionight wins this thread.

@saltr

Your assuming my game looks as good as yours with those settings. Mine would have jaggies all over the place, while yours seem very clean and smooth. I've been trying to figure out the cause for about a year now and the only thing I can think of is maybe its my monitor(s) which have built in sharpening, hence why I asked what monitors people are using here since there are so many great shots posted and I don't want to buy another dud monitor. (I just spent $560 on a new monitor that has even worse sharpening issues and looks even more jagged than my old monitor, and the monitor itself got good reviews...so I guess I word of mouth is probably better than trusting an online review site)
Last edited by valks666 on 05 Apr 2013, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

valks666

Are you running SweetFX? that has a good AA and sharpening method in it that creates a that smoothness you might be looking for. Though it is not as powerful as the Hardware AA but it's better than nothing ;)

Here you can test out my settings if you want to -> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4mq5v2x8lz5amqw

It only includes the SweetFX_settings.txt you need to have the rest of the files which can be located here -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23364

Though I have yet to really fine tune those settings yet, and those settings were configured for no bloom or low bloom levels presets.

tywele
my native language is german (like yours)

unreal, tywele
Thanks for the answers. I have overwrote the original enbseries.ini with my old settings (with unreals tip) and dl jenbs enbeffect.fx. As i understand the difference between the two fx-files i will overwrite the settings with my old ones, otherwise i set it to default and do a t&e.

But i've some more questions for understanding:
effect.txt means effects like vignette, letterboxes and so one
effectprepass means dof
enbbloom means bloom
enbsunsprite means sun lens flare

Can i use whatever of this files from any enb? lets say i like the dof from faroff-cgi-enb (i really do), i dl his prepass.fx and it works similar on my enb?

@--JawZ-- Not currently, been trying to fix an old ENB Kage preset and running hardware AA on that, I've tried sweetFX 1-3 but not 1-4. I'll download those files and see how they look thanks :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher, --JawZ--
Give a chance to a unsharp masking to get clean bloom. I was pleasantly surprised.

Confidence-Man
I will say nothing to that.
What mod for trees?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

saltr - It's Lush Overhaul. I use the vanilla version but it looks like there are files that go with Vurt's flora overhaul too.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32246
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

@--JawZ--

Tried your settings, by themselves they seem almost as good as 8xMSAA but cover transparency too. I'm still getting heaps of jaggies though since my monitor itself seems to be oversharpening no matter how much AA I apply. After I tried your file I went to lagom LCD monitor test page and both my monitors failed the clock phase, and sharpness tests very badly (as well as gamma and banding). Guess I'll start a thread in the off topic section and see if anyone is willing to suggest a good monitor that doesn't have oversharpening issues and can downsample.

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

saltr;

I have but I managed to tweak the sharpening to a good blend between smooth and sharp. And made it so it will sharpen the shadows a bit more than the default settings do. Not the settings I just posted though.

valks666;

Great that it helped out somewhat at least :) Well I bought myself a new monitor a couple of weeks ago because one of my old ones had some serious issues with light leaks and image burning. The new Samsung 27" S27A950D LED 120Hz monitor which I could recommend but it's a bit pricey I paid 4290 swedish kronor ~ 658 US Dollars for it. But a monitor is something I don't often buy new ones for a long period of time.

It's a TN panel but with very good color reproduction and sharpness for being a TN Panel (which is adjustable in OSD) and 120HZ doesn't hurt either with games like CoD ;)

Oh and by the way is there anyone interested in having Day Night separation for the interiors with commands inside the enbeffect.fx file?

What I mean is this, example commands below;

Day, Night and Interior/DNI seperation, the before

float EBrightnessDayV2=1.0;
float EBrightnessNightV2=1.0;
float EBrightnessInteriorV2=1.0;

Exterior Day and night + Interior Night and Day, the after

// Exterior
float EBrightnessExtDayV2=1.0;
float EBrightnessExtNightV2=1.0;

//Interior
float EBrightnessIntDayV2=1.0;
float EBrightnessIntNightV2=1.0;