Anyone know how DXtroy and ENB and Skyrim?

• Author

Anyone know how DXtroy and ENB and Skyrim?

Anyone know how to get ENBs in skyrim to be able to be recorded using dxtroy? Dxtroy seams to crash it.. anyone know how to get it to work ?

Re: Anyone know how DXtroy and ENB and Skyrim?

Dxtory crashes with Skyrim for me too, only way I've been able to record is with fraps.

I want to know this too.

What I tested:
_Open Skyrim with ENB
_Load save and open menu.
_Alt + Tab
_Open Dxtory with Delay Hook set to 30
_Alt + Tab back to Skyrim
_Exit the menu and start play. When the 30 seconds of the delay hook have been passed, gives CTD =/

So, test FAIL.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't help, it's commercial software which don't have. And i'm pessimistic about fix. You can try other my mods, even very old for gta san andreas, but if they all do not work in skyrim with recording software, it's unfixable from my side (they will not work correctly after several seconds, it's skyrim specific bug, so run recording tool not too late).

*master*

Boris, what software do you use to record your gameplays with ENB? they are really smoth, I use fraps but eat a lot of performance, what do you recommend?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm using fraps, but never paid an attention to performance of it as video capturing is the last thing i need, better to ignore my opinion.

Fraps is not really THAT performance heavy when you record in half-size. If you record full size it's likely to take up to 50% of your framerate, even on newer cards. I record in half-size on my GTX 580 and I maximum lose 2 frames.

The sad thing about FRAPS is his codec. And we can't change the codec that he uses (or can we? :o :?:)

So 5 minutes of gameplay = 4-+ GB.

With dxtory and x264 codec, 5-10 minutes is 500mb-900mb (1920x1080) ;)

That is because Fraps recording are completely uncompressed, so you get full quality until you you render it into a compressed filetype. DxTory is best for streaming, no doubt, but IMO Fraps will remain the best for recording.

It's lossless, but not completely uncompressed. It's not compressed much though.