TES Skyrim 0.182

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.182

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries 0.182

Fixed glowing edges artifact when detailed shadows enabled (i tried to do that many times, but actually restored old version).
Added 4,5,6,7 ssao mixing types (similar to Oblivion version).
Added parameter to enable indirect lighting for ambient color, in most versions with was turned on, but in several last wasn't. Hard to say what is better, i like very old ssao version, because it designed to look better for low dynamic range source and skyrim initially ldr game too, so more correct ssao/ssil approximation of global illumination is less attractive for most presets.

*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.182

@Boris,

This update sounds VERY GOOD! I'll be trying it out soon.

Sorry I'm going off topic now, but seriously, you should work for Bethesda. No joke, call them up.

*sensei*

Boris
Thank you for trying to keep all new effects and weather, I think you made lots people happy :D
Did alittle test to look at SSAO, I think it look alittle better with AmbientIndirectLighting.
Wish I had a better eye for SSAO, I cant see the difference between any SSAO mixing types. That is my problem thou ^^

*master*

Still going with this? Fantastic!

Are there screenshots comparing the new mixing types?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did screenshots for testing only, but all mixing types looks different when indirect lighting also turned on (if not, then some dublicated). They may look similar in same lighting conditions, so to check them all these must be tested:
  • day time, body is half lit by sun / half shadowed by itself
    day time, body is fully by sun and camera look from sun
    day time, body is not lit by sun and camera look from back
    day time, body in shadow of some big object
    interior, body lit by point lights and almost no ambient, camera look from lit side
    interior, body lit by point lights and almost no ambient, camera look from shadowed side
Also color of textures is important for some of mixing types.
Not sure, but probably in next versions i'll make old ssao (slower) code, which designed only to lit characters in Oblivion version (AOType=0 there).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris

Which binaries used the "old" ssao? 0.119 and lower?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Thanx for this update !
And, as Yersinia said, thanx for keeping the new parameters !
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Ok, I'm ready to get started. I'll report back in a couple of hours.

----------

I see that SunIntensityNight and SunDesaturationNight are listed in the enbseries.ini. Are they supposed to be there? It seems redundant, maybe they should be removed?

Edit: This is taking longer than I thought and I am dead tired. I'll resume this tomorrow, no work for the next few days. Woot!
Last edited by Bronze316 on 24 Jun 2013, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.

nKo

Hi, thanks for the update.
Glad to see that you kept the weather system, at least for now. :D
I have another noob question : Is there a way to change ssao mixing type on the fly by the GUI or do we have to quit and reload skyrim each time ? I tried to change it, save and reload enb by pressing backspace, it doesn´t work. You already say something about the non-grey params, but i can´t find the answer.
Can you also explain a bit the behaviour of new ssao mixing type like you did for the others ? I could be nice to know exactly what they do.

By the way, I dont want to be bothering, but I do everything you told me about TAA, it work pretty well, including alpha fix for black bars, but I still have some ghosting artifacts, like black fringe, when I move fast. Maybe the blending transition between current and previous frame.
See at the left of the characters on the first screen, or under the top black bar.
It seem to be more visible when there is no sun. Any idea ?

At last, TAA still act like motion blur when object are moving in screen space, but not on landscape when the camera is moving. Is it the normal behaviour ?

nKo

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I really like the new features introduced since 0.168 now that I have tested it out more.

But I have found two visual bugs from 2 new features, Particle Lights and Additive Blending

When Particle Lights is enabled it creates some sort of ghosting effect on the surfaces on in this case the tree logs, and smudges around as you move around the camera view. It happens in both 3rd and 1st person view.

Particle Lights On

Particle Lights Off

With the Additive Blending it makes the particles in to squares when turned off, only tested it on this particular particle effect so far.

Additive Blending Off

Additive Blending On

Only mod I have installed is Mindflux latest particle patch, that and the DLC mods but no other not even the HD texture pack from Bethesda.