TES Skyrim 0.182

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.182

Oyama
I want nvidia only card, may be gtx650ti, but i'm sure that they haven't fixed drivers issue, so i can't use it with my motherboard. And unfortunately i'm living now in 25 km away from city and to get card with money back is to loose a lot of time and money too (already lost in december because of damn hardware). I don't see any solution to my problem, every choice means problems to me, except migration to Win7 or no sound card (i can't), don't trust modern hardware, especially motherboards.

*master*

Boris :

I know indeed the problem.
Maybe this can be a part of the solution : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... -windows-7

The problem you can get with a "too old" motherboard is the version of the PCI-Express port which can cause issues.
Another issue can be a too weak CPU to handle your new GPU.
Third, a too weak psu for the new GPU. (I advise you to take a look on the Gigabyte Windforce 3 cards : they are pretty silent, cold, and the power used is inferior to standard models)

For drivers, use 314.22 or wait for the next 325.xx.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
From what I've read a few posts ago, Nvidia found what was wrong with their latest shity drivers and have fixed it. They'll release the fix in next branch.
A 650ti would be compatible with your actual motherboard ? No need to change PSU if you upgrade to it ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Testing this out today.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi
All my hardware are fine, the problem is with driver conflict of nvidia motherboard chipset + nvidia videocard + creative sound card. In Win7 such problem not occur. Doesn't matter if i do not install sound drivers or plugg-in sound card to other pci slots or replace sound card by another from Creative (i have 3 different). Without videocard drivers no issues, when i install them, WinXP won't start (and i can't modify irq with it). All i can is to hope that some other model of videocard or not from Asus will work, but this can't be the truth.
WinXP in Win7 will not work for me, because in WinXP i'm testing games (memory managers are very different) and some 3d modelling soft not work in Vista-7, old games too. The price of Win7 is same as videocard, that's also spending money for nothing.

Oyama
My psu can handle gtx690 in sli, the problem is in drivers and i guess in chipset drivers. What nvidia fixing is not what i need, they ignored my post on their forum.

Btw i saw this crap http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... H6XayaLTw8 from ATI/AMD and definetly don't want to even touch their cards any more, damn liars, parody of themselves.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:
What nvidia fixing is not what i need, they ignored my post on their forum.

Btw i saw this crap http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... H6XayaLTw8 from ATI/AMD and definetly don't want to even touch their cards any more, damn liars, parody of themselves.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

So you like nothing :?
And nothing is compatible for your setup :?

Only solution is to have is 2 computer.
Keep your current pc unchanged. Do your main work and entertainment here
Get another one with better card better CPU, Win 7 etc. whatever to test and mod games. No sound card, no huge hard disk needed here.

Pointless to keep blaming nvidia or AMD, they will never change their ways. Everytime i think of getting nvidia they make something stupid. And i dont really care about PhysX. 100$ more for very few game that use it, no thanks. Plus the driver problems. AMD yeah well, I as a gamer do not find much problem and good price range so i take that.
Then there is consoles controlling the game market. And now AMD in xbox 1 and PS4, so future games will most likely be AMD optimized. Again do not know why nvidia became stupid and gone for tablet/mobile market.

Gamers dont have to worry much, can just pick any and live with it. For programmer like you its different, so that is my solution up there.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*sensei*

@Boris,

I've been listening to your discussions about the upgrading to Win 7 issues. Would using the program "Virtual PC" help? It allows you to run a virtual OS (WinXP in your case) on the Win 7. Maybe I'm way off with this suggestion, but it seems like it might work. What do you think?

DigitalPrinceX wrote:So you like nothing :?
And nothing is compatible for your setup :?

Only solution is to have is 2 computer.
Keep your current pc unchanged. Do your main work and entertainment here
Get another one with better card better CPU, Win 7 etc. whatever to test and mod games. No sound card, no huge hard disk needed here.

Pointless to keep blaming nvidia or AMD, they will never change their ways. Everytime i think of getting nvidia they make something stupid. And i dont really care about PhysX. 100$ more for very few game that use it, no thanks. Plus the driver problems. AMD yeah well, I as a gamer do not find much problem and good price range so i take that.
Then there is consoles controlling the game market. And now AMD in xbox 1 and PS4, so future games will most likely be AMD optimized. Again do not know why nvidia became stupid and gone for tablet/mobile market.

Gamers dont have to worry much, can just pick any and live with it. For programmer like you its different, so that is my solution up there.
I read somewhere the reason next generation consoles all went with AMD is because AMD is one of the very few companies that can provide an all-in-one GPU+CPU package solution. Comparing to Intel+Nvidia, AMD's solution is cheaper and more tightly integrated. Nividia's problem is they don't have the license to produce x86 CPUs. So it's quite reasonable for all the consoles to go with AMD in the near future. Considering this, maybe it's not too bad to buy AMD now.

Sorry for off-topic :?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX wrote: Pointless to keep blaming nvidia or AMD, they will never change their ways.
Agreed 1000%.
Last off-topic for me, but one day Nvid is better, the day after, AMD is better...
Never ending story :/
Thus said, Boris, fact is the way you're seeing the problem is very different than the way we see it, we gamers and tweakers.
Choices on a programmer's side surely are an headache, I wouldn't be in your socks....