TES Skyrim 0.192

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.192

Yeah I remembered that I had character textures and a couple of other clutter and misc textures I myself have created with ARGB 32bpp compression which works without a hitch. So the loose files load is not the cause for the issues with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage.

Will have a look and see if I can confirm the compression being the cause for the improper texture displayed on my end as well, but that will have to wait until the morning.

*sensei*

It does not matter if it DXT1 or DXT5:> DXT1 is fine as long you dont resave it, compress >one time< only for best result from original file:>
I fixed it by resaving the files and removing not needed alphas (compared to original dds files).
Also removed bugged alphas (easy to spot usualy contain artifacts from the texture itself, usualy dotted shape outlines).
These bugged alphas come from an old nvidia dds plugin for photoshop that was available around and alittle after skyrim was released, it was fixed thou but later.
Probly lots mods with bugged alphas around I guess:> Then again it is odd that this appear now :?

For >testing< only, use NMM manual install to make sure org files is safe :) not 100% sure everything is fixed (my trees folder only, mostly vurt) will remove late on day tomorrow, since not my mods:>
Yer_trees_vurt_sro_cmbark_0o0.zip 109MB (MediaFire)

*master*

I also have missing texture errors. But only for the trees... It looks the same as everyone else's issue. All other textures work perfectly fine. (I have landscape from Skyrim HD 2K, Vurt's Floral Overhaul + Trees HD and W.A.T.E.R. textures installed)

AMD FX 6100, Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 running Catalyst suite 13.4.

Not sure if anyone noticed this (or even for me) but I'm getting white globes all over the mountains, possibly missing textures as everyone is saying (and you can see the tree at the bottom missing the bark texture too).

The following concludes the console commands:

1. First screenshot I can't tell if it's one of Skyrim default skies or CoT's skies.

2. FW 15e

3. FW 81a

In conclusion, I've using the latest version of Climates of Tamriel including it's optionals/updates and I haven't had a problem with them until now. I can't really tell if this is v.0192, Climates of Tamriel or even both. I've disabled the ENB Weather Extended mods because they're incompatible with CoT. I'm just going to have to deal with for now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Kyo,

Just wanted to thank you for responding to my questions on VSYNC and rain settings in the 13713 thread. Do you use the default enbraindrops.tga?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Old Diffuse Maps

Yersinia79's Diffuse Maps

LOD's was not included and I used the old normal maps in those shoots.

What exactly did you do? as for as far as I can tell they look the same except for the ones that had a total white alpha has been removed in your diffuse maps, the other with defined alpha texture in them all look the same.

Blackheart6004;

I have not experienced that with vanilla weather or my own weather mod, so that is something specific for CoT I think, if you are not running some mod that alters Volumetric Fog in another way.

And about EWE I explained that on the old mod thread at the nexus and the new ELE mod thread that they are not compatible. Any mod that alters the same content but in different ways are incompatible with each other, the one loaded last will have the higher priority and thus will be the one that is used so a combination with CoT + EWE will certainly cause problems to occur.

And if it is my old EWE 0.3 something mod I used the same Ambient Directional RGB values for every weather so you can easily apply the same method by using the Ambient Color Filter found inside the ENB.

As far as I can tell, JawZ, there's no other mod that I have that uses Volumetric Fog.

That has to be said:

Boris you are so awesome!

We modder suffer 2 years from the memory limit of the skyrim engine. Several attempts was made to reduce the problem. ATTK helped a bit i think. Then you hear about the problem the first time, saying "hey thats no problem". A day later you have fixed it. My mod "Realistic Body System" used a lot of memory, because of npcs using different high resolution textures if the function is activated in the patcher, leading to crashing the game much earlier.

With the new function active, memory usage while using HD Textures is not much higher than not using them. Of course video memory is higher. In short tests i have seen that is above 3 GB on my 4 GB card, while system memory usage is at 920 mb.

Thank you Boris!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Blackheart6004;

I tried those weathers and here are my results, with ELE installed.

fw 81a (ELE Weather)

fw 15e (Vanilla weather) I have noticed this lack of clouds and stuff before with and without ENB, the cloud disappearing is caused by the Weather Cloud Layer have been altered and for some reason sometimes alters other stuff that was not touched as well. Can't remember any more specific about the problem more than when when I used the SW command instead of the FW command it was fine but as long as I forced the weather the clouds would disappear.

fw 10a244 (Vanilla Weather)

That was a CoT sky, you can use the ENB to see which weather is currently loaded and which is about to load next. Or use this tool -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32657//?

After further testing of disabling any mods that can cause my problem, including CoT, the problem still persist.