TES Skyrim 0.192

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.192

Blackheart6004;

Hmm weird, try generating new Skyrim .ini files if you have made changes to it more than what is needed for ENB to run properly and remove the renderinfo.txt. Remove the Skyrimprefs.ini in the Skyrim Root folder as well and have it set the same.

If that fails disable all mods just for testing, there could be something done wrong in a mod like for instance changed a setting by mistake and forgot to remove said setting before realising it. It does not hurt to try, also try a new save game. I suggest using the Alternate Start - Live Another Life to skip the intro seqeunce. I myself have had this mod installed for such testing to see what mod has had some issues in the past and it is a stable bug free mod as far as I can tell.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mod only modify dxt1, dxt2, dxt3, dxt4, dxt5 texture formats, so if dxt5 only have the problem, i want to be sure in this before doing any changes.
What is the difference between buggy texture packs and correct? May be it's game handling textures different way, using another functions to load them in to vram? I can test this myself, but only if this is prooved for all users (i'm fucking tired from the fact that skyrim running different on each pc).
I'm testing in windowed mode, forgot to try in fullscreen, but seems alt+tab do not return back in to game.

How the mod working without memory reducing feature? Is it faster than previous (even without reflections)? Bugs? Are those crashes mostly dissapeared with memory reducing, even with purple textures? If they are not, i'll remove the code.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79 would be the best one to answer this as he changed the texture in some way for it to function and would be able to give exact info on the fixes he did which might help with rooting out the cause for this problem.

The Alt+Tab issue happens to me too, forgot to mention that here. I have only tried it in windowed mode though and not yet in full screen mode.

When I have the ReduceSystemMemoryUsage set to false the texture issue disappears. The performance seems to be roughly the same with it on or off. I don't have any texture mods installed so I can't test to see if the memory crash has been reduced or not. I will download a couple of texture packs to see how it handles it.
I have not noticed any other bugs so far.

*sensei*

I haven't had a single crash yet, even after extensive and repeated fast-travelling, whereas normally Skyrim would have crashed on the first try.
So yes, besides the texture issues it works like a charm.

DON'T YOU REMOVE IT!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Installed the Texture Pack Combiner to test with the ReduceSystemMemoryUsage on and off.

I did receive an increase in performance, FPS went up by 3-4 FPS and system memory usage went down with 5-6% when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage was activated, with the texture issues.

Ehy Boris, first of all thank you for the ENB and your dedication, I'm really grateful that you do exist as you made my gaming experience so much better :lol:

Now to the enb... with the latest version I have bug texture related to the mod CinematicFireFX. When it's enabled firepits,candles and all kind of flames are pinkish, otherwise all is fine (keep in mind that I also use as a base another texture mod "Ultimate HD Fire Effects", therefore they are not vanilla flames)

Also got a problem with a pink logo in the start menu and a few LODs in the distance, but I'm unable to track their cause.

Happy bug hunting! thx again

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Mod only modify dxt1, dxt2, dxt3, dxt4, dxt5 texture formats, so if dxt5 only have the problem, i want to be sure in this before doing any changes.
What is the difference between buggy texture packs and correct? May be it's game handling textures different way, using another functions to load them in to vram? I can test this myself, but only if this is prooved for all users (i'm fucking tired from the fact that skyrim running different on each pc).
I'm testing in windowed mode, forgot to try in fullscreen, but seems alt+tab do not return back in to game.

How the mod working without memory reducing feature? Is it faster than previous (even without reflections)? Bugs? Are those crashes mostly dissapeared with memory reducing, even with purple textures? If they are not, i'll remove the code.
No, only DXT5 seems to work without problem, Also those textures that didn't have any unnecessary alpha in it.
And yes! You have made Skyrim work allot better and fps was'nt much increased for me because I already have alot of VRAM (3GB) but it did indeed made the game more stable and that's skyrims major problem.

You can see my pictures on page 5 to see memory difference.
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*master*

The only Issue i have is the Texture Issue, my blood mod don't work and the eye mod don't work. Some textures of Immersive armors don't work. :) here a picture :)

Blood is on humans, not on dragons or on the ground (maybe you can check out the mods blood textures (Enhanced blood texture mod) to see the difference of textures)

My game uses ~ 2500 mb vram outside normally. With the enb modification it uses just 1100 mb vram don't know it it is a texture loading technique or just unloaded not working textures.

And there is some sort of bug. When i load the game the game has constant 30 fps but when i tab out and in the game had constant 60 fps. that was odd.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Mod only modify dxt1, dxt2, dxt3, dxt4, dxt5 texture formats, so if dxt5 only have the problem, i want to be sure in this before doing any changes.

I think you can test with Skyrim Flora Overhaul mod. Seems to bug with everybody (Summer Edition and Regular).
According to others, bugs seems to occur with textures that have alpha channels. So DXT5 or DXT3 or ARGB... The mod Antz In my Pants is actually centered around alpha channel. No wonder it bugs.

But strangely enough, I had black rocks. The only thing I did to fix this was to change the meshes (.nif). So alpha channel may be only a part of the problem.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*sensei*

Just woke up :> I just resaved the textures in intended format, using latest dds plugin from nvidia in photoshop. removed not needed alphas :>
However I dont think this is solution cause skin textures looks like it has overpowered "subsurface texture" .sk even when I redo the files:>
Like it shows only limited amount textures/alpha of each object:>
Maybe thats why what I did worked with trees but not skin (Unless skin color bug out somehow) :> So still even thou I managed to "fix" trees im kinda uncertain what the actual problem is at the moment :\