TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim

Thx ZeroKing that hits the nail im very grateful to see so many approaches and ideas floating in from around the world of different artists with different ideas it's just grate and i learn a lot, this is very different this is about Realtime Character Creation and people don't really understand the art behind it i have the feeling, it's an entire different Workflow and the more assets you have the better it becomes the more versatile even it's just amazing sure i could create over beautified girls also but others do that already and they do an amazing job with it so why should i follow them ? :)

And i try to make this a head part in my ENB work as well so it becomes symbiotic in some way :)
Skin and it's Light Reaction is a ultra important thing to me but hard as hell in this context.

What still looks decent here on the back looks absolutely disaster on the front but i cant show this :(
Last edited by CruNcher on 24 Jul 2013, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

CruNcher wrote:i don't try to be real you misunderstand i try a so called "hyperreal approach" real would definitely not work, though i don't want to go in an entire ANIME like approach, that's not my goal.

You also need to be calibrated to see the correct color response, that is very important
Do you think Maevans works are Anime-like approach? Looks like almost photorealistic for me (unfortunately he removed 98% of his shots from nexus so i can't show more of his shots)
And yeah, i don't want to make you think that i think you're doing something bad. I'm just asking and trying to understand your approach and what you want to see in the end of your hard work. Simple.
ZeroKing wrote:You're arguing based on taste. There are no mistakes, only differences in taste and desires. CruNcher has his approach and he's doing just fine in his work. I fail to see what's wrong with that logic. If it does not appeal to your sense of realism, fine. Arguing about it as if it's fact that your understanding of realism is the correct one in a video game is completely wrong. And I'm directing this statement at everyone.
I'm not arguing at all. I'm just interested what exactly he's doing. he has his approach, i understand, and i didn't say "you're doing it wrong" or something.

*sensei*

@ Xilandro
My statement was not directed towards you (I didn't even read your posts yet), but just in general.... since there were people in the past who berated CruNcher for his work, over nothing really; CruNcher doesn't deserve that, he's doing quite a neat and interesting job at it actually.

I think we said our piece, eh? Back to screenshots, boobies, dragons and all that.
Last edited by ZeroKing on 24 Jul 2013, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@ Xilandro
No no Maevans approach surely isn't anime :)

personally i think this was one of my best results so far also amazing in terms of camera result (skyrims camera is strange)

but this is my own work the body texture of course isn't

the good thing nothing gets lost and so i can combine and play around infinitely with different results i gathered (it's a very iterative process)
Last edited by CruNcher on 24 Jul 2013, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Flickr Gallery

*master*

ZeroKing wrote:You're arguing based on taste. There are no mistakes, only differences in taste and desires. CruNcher has his approach and he's doing just fine in his work. I fail to see what's wrong with that logic. If it does not appeal to your sense of realism
The only way a person can have a differing "sense of realism" is if they are from a different species. What you might have in mind is a difference in art style. However, by doing things inside Skyrim, you very much limit the things that can be done without drastic work on every single aspect of the characters. When it comes down to it, an image focusing on characters that fall into the uncanny valley is a bad image, and the only cure for that is to get better and improve your material. Nothing else for it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yes and i know a real approach will fail in these regards because of Engine limitations especially in NPC interaction terms, which is also a very important part in my balancing

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here are some pictures from me. I love nature. Only the greatest latest ENB Series v193.

Last edited by charlievoviii on 24 Jul 2013, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

del
Last edited by CruNcher on 24 Jul 2013, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Last time I checked Skyrim was a videogame. Not everything has to be about realism. It actually makes me laugh that people focus so much on realism in a videogame, like we don't have enough of reality to deal with in *gasp* reality? :D

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz