TES Skyrim 0.198

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.198

ENBSeries wrote: Anyway, it's very frustrating to listen complains, how in the fuck do you think i'll remove stuttering at cells loading huh? If game want to load 500 Mb of textures and meshes, how in the heck i'll accelerate this?????
No complains at all Boris !
It's the contrary indeed : I'm VERY happy to have small freezes rather than CTDs !! ;)
Just reporting what works the best for me, on my rigs.

You have a point of course : all depends on each game's content and mods in the end.
Not to forget game inis as well, they play a HUGE role in all this.
Last edited by Oyama on 31 Jul 2013, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rather i want to much Boris but it's ok i have my both results i needed and will try to buildup on those, i love your low Memory usage Model it works absolutely well outside and in parts where there would be extreme stutter it's smooth now :)

i mean going from 2 GB to 600 MB and hold everything overall so smooth is just wow :)

I always have to imagine how efficient a Engine would be if you code it from the bottom to the top if you can improve a Engines Model from the outside so efficient ;)

Also what many might not realize yet but your improvements also significantly lowered load times as well not only externally (save game loads) but also internally (papyrus loads) :)

Especially user with lower speced system will immediately realize these improvements :)
Last edited by CruNcher on 31 Jul 2013, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Hi Boris,

Reinstallation of my modded Skyrim is now done (200 mods + all possible textures --> 48GB Skyrim folder :))) ).

Now testing 0.198 - with all 3 options set to true + reserve mem 512 and it's running flawlessly with K ENB extensive. Everything maxed etc.

Yes there is a stutter for 1 or 2 secs when loading cells - however used VRAM is about 4.2GB and used RAM is about 1.8-2.2GB. So regardless what Boris does it is EXPECTED to stutter for a moment when cell transitioning - can't imaging game loading 1GB or more textures in an instant - even from SSD.

Overall.....played for 2 hours - didn't have single CTD. - AMD Card 6gb here.

You've brought the life into Skyrim again Boris, can't thank you enough!!!! :) :) :) :)

*sensei*

Sorry for making it sound like im complaining. But im not.
You cant fix ctd or stutter when people have 2k textures on apples and snow flakes...
I'll try sound more informative.

Just so you know my only ctd seems to be a random ctd. Played for 1 1/2 hours with no issues.
And as Cruncher says the loading times are shorter now.
Thank you.

By the way, once SharpShooter updates it's ENB to support latest version, I'll be in heaven :)))

As much as I love KENB I just can't get the colors to look like his screenshots.....grrr.....might be something with my crap display calibration :((

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

insomnia_jt wrote:Sorry for making it sound like im complaining. But im not.
You cant fix ctd or stutter when people have 2k textures on apples and snow flakes...
I'll try sound more informative.

Just so you know my only ctd seems to be a random ctd. Played for 1 1/2 hours with no issues.
And as Cruncher says the loading times are shorter now.
Thank you.
But he pushed the limits now you have more resources free to use for anything you want :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess i will not develop x64 version of memory reducing code, with 3gb ram i physically can't test it. Will see if memory reducing functionality will be widely used or just as any other mod, in good scenario i need to spend money for crappy useless hardware and in bad case i'm fine as it is, so you know my opinion :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Guess i will not develop x64 version of memory reducing code, with 3gb ram i physically can't test it. Will see if memory reducing functionality will be widely used or just as any other mod, in good scenario i need to spend money for crappy useless hardware and in bad case i'm fine as it is, so you know my opinion :lol:
If you need testers on RAM fully loaded rigs, just throw all you want at me, 24 GB on one rig, 32 on the other one, both Win7 64. ;)

Overfiend
To have a setup looking exactly the same on 2 different rigs is virtually impossible.
Not only matter of Display calibration, a lot of other things impact colors and lighting in the end.
For example, from my game inis :

In Skyrim.ini, under [Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1500.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=3000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=5250.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=16384

In SkyrimPrefs.ini :
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=6144
iShadowMapResolution=6144
fShadowDistance=9000.0000
fInteriorShadowDistance=5250.0000

Also, I went crazy with SSAO scales on some shots, using 1.41 for some and 1.58 for some others. This does a TON.

Speaking about REALLY good screenshots with K ENB, this one's by Duncan Harris :

Sorry for off-topic Boris
Last edited by Oyama on 31 Jul 2013, 10:25, edited 2 times in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

I wanted to post a video of my recent test running these settings:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

Basically it is me sprinting from Solitude to Whiterun. Keep in mind this was Frapsing at 60 FPS WHILE running Skyrim Process Monitor at 1920x1080. Youtube compression is apparently designed for dudes sitting motionless with duck faces in front of their web cams, and has sort of bonked the quality of the HD video, but it is still OK to see the results. Well, I hope it is. No stutter except normal hard drive load.

Skyrim PNENB v1.54 - Solitude to Whiterun sprint...

Here is the SPM screen for the run in the video:

Smoothness

I have updated PNENB to this latest version with the above settings and also ported the custom HD6 stuff over to the GUI so it can be tweaked in-game. I am so grateful for your work, Boris. If I lived in your part of the world, I would let you use my backup system for your tests.

The current version is already working better than I ever thought possible, so thank you again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Guess i will not develop x64 version of memory reducing code, with 3gb ram i physically can't test it. Will see if memory reducing functionality will be widely used or just as any other mod, in good scenario i need to spend money for crappy useless hardware and in bad case i'm fine as it is, so you know my opinion :lol:
If you need testers on RAM fully loaded rigs, just throw all you want at me, 24 GB on one rig, 32 on the other one, both Win7 64. ;)

Overfiend
To have a setup looking exactly the same on 2 different rigs is virtually impossible.
Not only matter of Display calibration, a lot of other things impact colors and lighting in the end.
For example, from my game inis :

In Skyrim.ini, under [Display]

In SkyrimPrefs.ini :
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=6144
iShadowMapResolution=6144
fShadowDistance=9000.0000
fInteriorShadowDistance=5250.0000

Also, I went crazy with SSAO scales on some shots, using 1.41 for some and 1.58 for some others. This does a TON.

Speaking about REALLY good screenshots with K ENB, this one's by Duncan Harris :

Sorry for off-topic Boris

Wow it's the truth you are CRAZY ;) :D

I think i have a very simple idea especially for the tree lod plopping and how to lower it's very harsh perceptible effects (why not just remove the trees that plop up on load) :) :D
Last edited by CruNcher on 31 Jul 2013, 10:48, edited 2 times in total.