TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

The Nexus in general is full of blind kids, not wanting to read descriptions of anything. The mod I'm working on, RLO, has some decent traffic going through, and a bunch of people read and help out other users, like a community should. But there are a lot more of those idiots than helpful people.

*sensei*

Boris
I know, just posted the 0.198 cause I thought they act very different.
Either way 0.200 act more smooth at any setting, except menu´s their still laggy :>
You are totaly right about Nexus^^

Verdence
Cause of different ini settings, different mods and different built computers it will be hard to tell :>
You better off comparing different versions with your own computer :)
Lastly I would recommend using the 0.199 binary that both K-ENB and Kountervibe state they support and wait until Oyama upgrade. This way you can avoid alot trouble ^^

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What a shocker that nexus has such users... :roll:
If all users all of sudden became more self helpful I would probably be so surprised that I would have a heart attack.

Luckily though I have yet to encounter any such user at the Guide thread so far, let's see how long that holds up.

What exactly does ReservedMemorySizeMb= do? I'm a little confused as to whether this reserves it for ENB or Skyrim, should I increase it, lower it? I have a 4 GB vRAM card.

Nightasy wrote:What exactly does ReservedMemorySizeMb= do? I'm a little confused as to whether this reserves it for ENB or Skyrim, should I increase it, lower it? I have a 4 GB vRAM card.
Boris wrote on page 7,
ENBSeries wrote: ReserveMemorySizeMb is the minimal amount of memory for textures and geometry which will not be used by my memory allocations. For example, you have 6 Gb or memory for textures and meshes, mod use it as much as possible without allocating RAM, but when free memory left less than ReserveMemorySizeMb, mod begin to use allocations in RAM to keep free space for dynamically loaded-unloaded resources. The benefit is in safer work, the downside in performance if value is too low (resources must be moved to and from vram/ram). The problem is that drivers report values not very nice for performance by adding part of system memory to video memory, so if textures and meshes created in RAM by driver instead of VRAM, then performance is awful when rendering them. I don't know how to fix that, because even render targets can be made in RAM actually (at least saw this on gf9600gt).

*sensei*

Boris
Latest binary works awesome, best one yet and no lag in menu´s anymore :D
1080p run^^
ImageImage
Going to have a test how 3840x2160 behave now :) EDIT: 4k run was just wow, that is kinda wicked would expect lower at this res (all runs was with max SSAO scales) ^^

Nightasy
Set different values and see what gives least stutter (ctd might happen at extreme low or high values I think) :)
Example: <-- 256MB-368MB-512MB-768MB-1024MB-1152MB-1280MB --> and prbly any number in between :>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote: Found this comment in nexus topic, drugs addict person seems wrote it. Enough from me, i can't reply there any more, only wasting my time. Proper usage of nexus is to publish mod and run away and never get back. They f* up their systems and asking why not work. The funny thing that everybody thinking that red text is error message. Primitive people, no knowledge, no logic, no abstraction.
In the vast majority of cases, you couldn't be more true. Sadly.

I'm pretty busy in real life right now, so haven't been able to test your latest extensively or report enough, but so far it's more than impressive.

As a reminder, I can't believe the giant steps you've been doing.

A few WEEKS ago, we were mostly able to run TESV with uGrids=5, SSAO scales to 0.8, @1080p, CTDs, unstability and such... with decent performance.
Now, with the SAME performance, uGrids are doable at 7 with no issues, I'm pushing scales over 1.0 with total stability, NO crashes anymore and ALL cells are loading whatever the mods...
ENBSeries just went far beyond a simple graphic mod, Boris.
It's a global TESV fixer / enhancer / modifier.
See, you've even been able to fix those fucking memory "optimizations" Bugthesda introduced with their destroying patches.
What a work you've done. :shock:
Thank you.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Have done some testing with Performance monitor myself now and here are my results with it.

In all of the runs I used 1080p resolution, quality set to high and extreme when possible, all scales was set to 1.0 with all effects activated except for DoF, reflection super sampling was the only quality setting that was left off.

I also used a "test course" with lots of objects, NPC's and scripted events to tax the system, and tried to have it as similar as the game would allow me too. I had Texture Pack Combiner v1.93 with the higest possible texture resolution for all mods.

Default generated enblocal.ini settings. - http://pastebin.com/DZTWVCFn

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and ReservedMemorySizeMb=1536

Did not focus my attention on stuttering but it was very similar in every run the little I did spend my time on focusing on stutter, no visual bugs as far as I could tell and the enbhost was up and running, I had the task manager Processes up and running to be able to confirm that.

When I first activated ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true I got a CTD during loading screen of the same save game as the run I did with the default local.ini. Which was caused by my BitDefender antivirus detected TESV.exe as a potential malicious application and I had to add TESV.exe to the exclusion list which solved and I did not experience any other CTD's or bugs, so far.

Perhaps I set some setting/s wrong I don't really know to tell you the truth but it seemed to me as it was working.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:... Proper usage of nexus is to publish mod and run away and never get back. ...
I like this sentence :lol:

*sensei*

Don't ever listen to the peoples complaints over at Nexus.
Have you ever read the troubleshooting threads?

"Please help my Skyrim crashes all the time! I have the ENBoost patch! I have 200 scripted mods, 4k textures and uGridsToLoad=11! What am I doing wrong!"

People don't think. They just react.