TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

uh, sorry. enbhost did work for me (avira free antivirus) same as before. it did work even without administration right to the enbhost (SKSE loader and all bethesda exes have run as admin ticked though).
steam is installed on a disk separate from the OS, if this has any meaning.

micrustutter is engine problem for me, enboost does reduce the stutter. this is an important aspect of enboost for me. so i do compare which version does the best job at reducing the stutter.
activating the enbhost process (via unsafe memory hack = false) results in a bit more micro stutter.
not sure what you can make of this, enbhost is a new feature, and it will surely improve in this aspect as well.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:MOTOSXORPIO
Delete enbhost.exe, do you have problem then?

ramzbo
1) If you delete enbhost.exe, result will be the same by frequency of CTDs?
2) EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true solving problem?
I apologize for not getting back earlier.

Removing Enbhost.exe resolves CTD.
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true resolves. (T,T,T,512,T)

Version from the 6th, enbhost.exe running in background...claiming around 2gb of untapped 64bit memory (above 4gb margin).
Version from the 7th-now=enbost.exe can't run. I've given it admin privileges, disabled UAC (do that on OS install anyway), and excluded from AV/real-time scanners (also something I do on game install). Running these with EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true results in enbhost.exe not running, but OS still claiming the extra memory...
Didn't need EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true in earlier versions. Please explain?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

KuroTenshi
On your pc 0.5 sec means that about 300 mb of textures and geometry compressed. I don't believe that game cell loading from files and creation of objects takes less time than my compression, even if you running game from ssd. From my tests uncompressed in older 0.200 took 0.4 sec to load data in to enbhost or in to skyrim process, including cost of memory allocation functions, compressed 3 seconds for that. Of course it's time of loading saved game with official hi-res texture pack installed, without it 1/10 of that, measuring individual cell loading time impossible. I can try to compress in different thread, but don't think this will help much.

MOTOSXORPIO
Nothing to explain actually, some software on your pc don't allow enbhost to work and i can't do anything. I released update right now, if it also not work with enbhost.exe, don't ask me about this any more, it's unfixable from my side and not a bug.

ENBSeries wrote:MOTOSXORPIO
Delete enbhost.exe, do you have problem then?

ramzbo
1) If you delete enbhost.exe, result will be the same by frequency of CTDs?
2) EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true solving problem?
Hi,

thanks for the info.

i deleted enbhost.exe and that seems to have stopped the crashing. Not sure what implications deleting that file will do though.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:KuroTenshi
On your pc 0.5 sec means that about 300 mb of textures and geometry compressed. I don't believe that game cell loading from files and creation of objects takes less time than my compression, even if you running game from ssd. From my tests uncompressed in older 0.200 took 0.4 sec to load data in to enbhost or in to skyrim process, including cost of memory allocation functions, compressed 3 seconds for that. Of course it's time of loading saved game with official hi-res texture pack installed, without it 1/10 of that, measuring individual cell loading time impossible. I can try to compress in different thread, but don't think this will help much.
I am using lots of 2048*2048 textures, even optimized. So no wonder. Not a real problem.
Maybe can it be reduced with streaming of meshes/textures if you can load by advance some cells.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:KuroTenshi

MOTOSXORPIO
Nothing to explain actually, some software on your pc don't allow enbhost to work and i can't do anything. I released update right now, if it also not work with enbhost.exe, don't ask me about this any more, it's unfixable from my side and not a bug.

I meant "Please explain what is different in the versions." But ok, whatever.

For those experiencing Micro stutter, try disabling DOF and see if that helps. It made a huge difference for me, so I moved to a less taxing DOF. This was not such a problem before the ENBoost stuff.

*sensei*

Boris
I dont see any stutter, micro stutter, problems with cell loads or similar at all, just sometimes it now looks like it trying to catch up :>
Might be the slowdowns I mention in my runs, just got more noticeable cause it run really well now and I need to look to adapt some settings to lighten those places (it happen 5-6 times on a 5 min run, so shouldnt take long to adapt) ^^

*master*

Since the yesterday dll, I doesn't manage to reach Helgen. Sometimes freezes, others CTD.

Here is the last :

EnbHost has admin rights, every tesV.exe, skse_loader.exe and enbhost are excluded from my Eset Smart Security and UAC is disabled.

Crash occurs always at the same place.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ramzbo
It's antivirus or something else like that, i can't help.

KuroTenshi
Streaming will not help, because it's impossible the way you want it, because require game sources. The way i can do it will not solve stuttering, because objects at their full size will be loaded and created by game anyway, smaller size of textures at first use only good for users with low amount of vram when rotating camera.
Get statistics of memory usage of enbhost.exe and skyrim right before that crash (VMMap). Post it here of course. If memory usage of enbhost is very low (<100 mb) it not work, if very high (almost 4 gb) then i need to spawn another process.

MOTOSXORPIO
Different in versions you mentioned is only that if enbhost not work i show message and creating resources in memory of skyrim, but older (6th august without crash from your words) do not create resources in skyrim process memory if enbhost failed, basically they are lost completely and alt+tab not work. If user like something it doesn't mean good.