TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

Aminados wrote:I been playing Skyrim last few days and I noticed something. After playing for a while the following usually happens, I'm in exterior area ~50 fps, then enter an interior area 60fps, but when I go back outside my fps is ~15, the only way I found to get back to normal fps is to restart the game. Tried saving then loading, pcb command, continue playing with 15 but usually results in a freeze, nothing worked. I also tried messing with enblocal.ini, more memory, less memory, tried true's and falses, no matter what combination, the above always happens.

Does anyone else experience the same thing? or is it not the Enb causing the issue?

i5 3570k
8gb ram
GTX 660 Ti 3GB VRAM
Had this very same problem when i started to play Skyrim with a GTX 460. Back then it could be fixed by alt-tab or going back inside a house and leaving it again.

When i bought a GTX 670 it somehow disappeared for almost a year, only to come back with the 0.200 version of ENB. I am unsure wether its caused by the game or ENB. Cant really test it cause its so random.

Samurai_Smartie wrote:
Aminados wrote:I been playing Skyrim last few days and I noticed something. After playing for a while the following usually happens, I'm in exterior area ~50 fps, then enter an interior area 60fps, but when I go back outside my fps is ~15, the only way I found to get back to normal fps is to restart the game. Tried saving then loading, pcb command, continue playing with 15 but usually results in a freeze, nothing worked. I also tried messing with enblocal.ini, more memory, less memory, tried true's and falses, no matter what combination, the above always happens.

Does anyone else experience the same thing? or is it not the Enb causing the issue?

i5 3570k
8gb ram
GTX 660 Ti 3GB VRAM
Had this very same problem when i started to play Skyrim with a GTX 460. Back then it could be fixed by alt-tab or going back inside a house and leaving it again.

When i bought a GTX 670 it somehow disappeared for almost a year, only to come back with the 0.200 version of ENB. I am unsure wether its caused by the game or ENB. Cant really test it cause its so random.
I posted about the same issue several pages back. With ENB 0.200, I experience massive FPS drops and stuttering upon transitioning from interiors to exteriors. (I too have an Nvidia GTX 660 Ti, by the way.) I remember having this problem with ENB 0.119, but it seemed to have been fixed at some point up to ENB 0.168. However, now I'm having the problem again with ENB 0.200.

Anyways, the problem is caused by "ultra" shadows. Reducing the game shadow resolutions to "high" quality (ishadowmapresolution=2048) fixes the FPS drops. Boris replied to my post, stating that the problem is due to how the Skyrim engine renders shadows on the CPU in parallel with everything else being rendered on the GPU. However, it still seems strange that I'm just now experiencing the problem again with ENB 0.200 (I had no FPS drop with "ultra" shadows using ENB 0.168).

*sensei*

Since no one with enbhost.exe fail to start problem post test result of the latest file -_-
I tried to create a situation where it does not start by removing admin rights, and putting antivirus in full protection mode.

It still starts for me. It started before without any changes to antivirus or admin settings. So cannot really say difference. I never had problem.
Still just for the heck of testing.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*master*

enbhost.exe test file fails

No UAC, no AV, full control given to enbhost.exe. I don't even get a message, just *poof* Skyrim closes. No problems with EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true or if enbhost.exe is removed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TwoArmedMan15
I never said that shadows rendered on CPU. I said that rendering task is executed in parallel, so if ultra quality cost a lot of performance themselves, they will not slow down game much if they are rendered completely synced in parallel to game logic/physics/sound/io, but if you add something else to rendering task, then time to draw will be longer than cpu processing and game starting to do various stupid things.

MOTOSXORPIO
Sorry, i don't remember much now, but have you tried to measure enbhost.exe memory usage by VMMap after game loading? If it's bigger than 100 mb, then it's used, but bug is different

*master*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It works and allocates memory, because by default in x64 systems use 70 mb at start. Search of other software running and corrupting mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Have an idea why performance is low when exiting from interiors to exteriors for some users. Drivers expand video memory with some RAM, this was called AGP memory in the past. This "extra" memory allow to create render targets in it and act absolutely the same as fast VRAM, except performance. When video memory is full, that extra memory come in use, so when entering exterior locations shadow render target for sun shadows is created in non local video memory and have performance of less than pci-ex bandwidth. In EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true mode this can't be fixed, but otherwise i'll try.

*sensei*

Boris
Sounds alot more correct than what I thought :> Would be awesome if this is sorted^^

ENBSeries wrote:Have an idea why performance is low when exiting from interiors to exteriors for some users. Drivers expand video memory with some RAM, this was called AGP memory in the past. This "extra" memory allow to create render targets in it and act absolutely the same as fast VRAM, except performance. When video memory is full, that extra memory come in use, so when entering exterior locations shadow render target for sun shadows is created in non local video memory and have performance of less than pci-ex bandwidth. In EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true mode this can't be fixed, but otherwise i'll try.
That would be awesome if you figure out a way around it, I was coming to the conclusion that it must be something like you say. I'd tried removing a lot of high-res texture mods, but even if I was just looking up at the sky or a wall, there was no increase in framerate. I also removed any shadow tweaks from skyrimprefs.ini (as some people have said helped) and also had no change.

I hadn't been trying to troubleshoot it that much because I figured it was pretty low on your list of things you wanted testing on. It's also not a gamebreaker because I can still get ~25-30fps without the memory tweaks.

One weird thing I did notice just before when I was testing it a bit was that after I decided to just turn off the tweaks (all of the memory parameters = false), when I restarted Skyrim I was getting the same low ~10fps outdoors. I exited the game to make sure I had saved the enblocal.ini, and I had. I checked my AIDA64 log, though, and saw the exact same pattern of VRAM usage as when enbhost.exe was running (~2500mb "static VRAM", ~1500mb "dynamic VRAM") during the exterior scene. The enbhost process had definitely not started, but some weird process called "conhost" and "dllhost" did start running when TESV.exe did, and stopped with it too. I had to restart my PC to get it working right again. So, I don't know wtf those were, but that was what made me start thinking it was something like you described...

Hope that helps...