TES Skyrim 0.208

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.208

the problem are too many morons running out VRAM and they think the ENB magically will render and add more VRAM. Also shit computers trying to run crazy textures and shit load of mods, more than what their PC can handles.

Don't sweat it bro. I'm running .207 with phinix's presets and its the bees-knees. I have NO more CTDs like I have lately with everything from 199 to 206 (206 was worse than choking on big hairy monkey scrotums)

.207 is the shiznit running two 6870's with 1gb of vram each @ 1280x720 with a rather huge heavy script, and texture load of mods. 2k textures are running just fine. I have not had a save load problem or a ctd in 6+ hours of straight gameplay. I'm on a skyrim bender this week - and 207 helped immensely, I was getting ready to stab my hard drives with a fork over the course of the past week trying to get a stable enb+preset package to stop freaking crashing randomly every 20 minutes or so...

I just tested 0.208 and then 0.207. When it comes to stuttering 0.207 is a hell better than 0.208. I only loaded a savegame (standing on a hill) and make several 360 turns. 0.207 is smooth while 0.208 stutters even after several turn arounds. This is of course with a lot of mods and texture mods installed. Ugrids=5

What´s not so clear for me is: Does ENBhost allow to use more than 3.1 gb ram if the ram is not used by textures? I mean if ram is filled with scripts and objects not by textures, should it also go over 3.1 gb ram (EnbHost + TES5.exe)? Because i tried to get over 3.1 gb (enbhost + Tes5.exe), but never accomplished. Before i can reach it, it always frooze. I tried it by spawning objects in front of me. Maybe freeze is because of the engine can only handle only x objects at the same time, maybe it is because the summarized gb can´t go over 3.1 even with enbhost active?

By spawning new objects, memory usage goes up and game will freeze at 2.6 gb summarized ram. Is it an engine limit that enb can´t surpass?

For sure ENB allows much more mods than without it, because texture mods don´t count anymore to the ram, before skyrim crashs. And thats awesome.
Last edited by VadersApp on 23 Aug 2013, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.

charlievoviii wrote:the problem are too many morons running out VRAM and they think the ENB magically will render and add more VRAM. Also shit computers trying to run crazy textures and shit load of mods, more than what their PC can handles.
I think this is the point of no return! If you play with SPM and you see, that Vram is maxed out, there will be lags. I do as well and I got too many textures for my 2GB 680 GTX card.
I think, some nexus users just brought their cards to its limits and complained about issues they had. With .207 I hadn't any problems. it loads much quicker then previous verisons, was smooth as .206 was.

Going to compare 207 wth 208 now.

*sensei*

0.207 is running so good that i dont even feel like testing 0.208 haha.
People just does not read the description tab in your nexus page. Simple as that.
Screw them really. Even i tried to answer some of their questions and gave up when i saw 4 out of 5 of them were using some 3rd party boosting software.

Nevertheless i will test 0.208 later this evening and report.
But 0.207 is going to be saved in golden archive in my PC probably until TES VI release or you surpass yourself again !
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

I have to agree with most of the feedback here. Whiners opinions are mostly worthless. Sorry for the noob question but why not just let users input there max vram rather than get it from system? I guess its not that simple. Thx for latest enb versions. Skyrim is running much much better on my system now :)
Last edited by gkar on 23 Aug 2013, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.

Lots of users over there show test results with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false ; they dont know what to test because they only read enBOOST and only take a look at the boost that your modifikation promises.

*sensei*

One thing I found to be extremely helpful; I mapped the clear VRAM key to PageDown (right above the arrow keys) in my config, and any time I have been crawling a dungeon or exploring an exterior for a while and am about to enter a door that will load a new cell, I tap the VRAM key. It just takes a sec to purge and reload, and I found it completely eliminates (at least in my own 3-hour test run) the "infinite load" issue that would crop up from time to time on extremely long play sessions.

Never found a reason to use it other than when about to enter a door to another cell but it does work great for that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

VadersApp
I don't know why freeze happen, but seems when vram is full. Memory of enbhost.exe is ignored by game, so any out of memory CTDs happen only in skyrim process.

So what to do now, parameter like "VideoMemorySizeMb" and ignore anything beyond this value? If user will set it wrong, game will not work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Anyone tried DisableDriverMemoryManager true and false with infinite loading screens? And are those "infinite" are really infinite or after some time they gone? What is vram and enbhost usage when it's occur (use VMMap)?