TES Skyrim 0.212

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.212

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod / patch ENBSeries 0.212

Removed warning message at start which notify than incompatible software detected, instead stopped all tech support for CTDs (crashes to desktop) and freezes. Modified memory manager, it will free memory automatically when frame rate is low and also long freezes replaced by CTDs. Added parameter FixAliasedTextures to reduce aliasing of snow on mountains and other similar objects. Added EnableSubPixelAA parameter which in this version apply supersampling to specular.

*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.212

You the man Boris, you the man.

Do we need the helper mod for the new EnableSubPixelAA, or just for TemporalAA?

I really think this is a better direction. Preset authors can help pick up the slack on support. I also had what seemed at the time like a really cool idea: DirectDiag for ENB!

You could still offer support, but make it require the user fill out an error report generated by ENB. For example, if ENB crashes, or detects a long freeze, have it generate a survey prompt on exit that auto-populates any detected unsupported software. If anything unsupported was detected, let the user know what it found and THEN give the warning you do not support it. If nothing bad found, give the user option to submit report online (or copy/paste in UBB format, maybe).

Would really cut down on the junk you have to deal with. Heck, you could just close down comments on the ENBoost page altogether with the note: "Only error reports generated through the program are accepted" disclaimer.

"Added parameter FixAliasedTextures to reduce aliasing of snow on mountains and other similar objects. Added EnableSubPixelAA parameter which in this version apply supersampling to specular."

YES!!!

*sensei*

Indeed, it is very refreshing to see the author continuing to make advancements for the rest of us, and takes it all in stride. Boris, you sir are a man of INTEGRITY.

I want to report a bug on 0.211, sometimes the parallax textures stop working, and they later start to work again by it self.

Added EnableSubPixelAA

спасибо!

212 is running very smooth, but what does "long freezes replaced by CTDs" mean exactly? it seems to me one would rather have an occasional long stutter than a crash.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm curious when you say when fps it'll free memory automatically. Does this mean we shouldn't need to unload VRAM manually with a button press when fps low? Or is this for system ram (which would be new right)?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
New features do not depends from helper mod and temporal antialiasing is not changed, subpixel is different, it work only for specular reflections.

Gekko64
In previous versions if geometry or textures failed to create, i forced them to try again in cycle and deallocated data in memory manager. In current version the length of that cycles is 32 times shorter and closer to the end of it i'm forcing all data to be free (the same way as free vram key). If some software corrupted statistics, at least freeze will not be very long and if it's another mod or broken geometry/texture, then ctd occur.

Jafin16
If frame rate is below 10, then textures which were not visible last 5 seconds will be deleted.

Vsync is not working for me in .212 It's most noticeable when turning, but there is tearing and fps goes above 60.

I have not used 210 or 211, I've just been too busy.

Tried with and without new AA, same issue.

I even tried setting ipresentinterval=1 in skyrimprefs and it didn't help.

Edit: Got vsync to work by setting ipresentinterval=1 in skyrim.ini

Having infinite load screens when loading save at startup. I can coc somewhere then load a save. Just a bit strange.

Save is very clean: Coc'ed inside, walked outside, then saved.

I have to go to bed so I can't do more testing now, but see if anyone has similar problems.

Thanks.
Last edited by APreciousPony on 28 Aug 2013, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.