TES Skyrim 0.213

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.213

Hi JawZ,

I actually do use a modest sharpen filter in my effect.txt. The thing is, I have it balanced perfectly to the vanilla game. It would be really cool though to have a way to check if TemporalAA was on, and have a SEPARATE sharpen filter apply if so, with a setting that could be adjusted in-game.

I am sure I would have no problem coding the GUI option, I just don't know if there is an accessible variable for whether TemporalAA is on or not. Perhaps Boris will enlighten us. :)

Phinix wrote:Hi JawZ,

I actually do use a modest sharpen filter in my effect.txt. The thing is, I have it balanced perfectly to the vanilla game. It would be really cool though to have a way to check if TemporalAA was on, and have a SEPARATE sharpen filter apply if so, with a setting that could be adjusted in-game.

I am sure I would have no problem coding the GUI option, I just don't know if there is an accessible variable for whether TemporalAA is on or not. Perhaps Boris will enlighten us. :)
I simply use SweetFX' Lumasharpen to accomplish this in addition to your lovely ENB Preset. ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There is no way to do a command in the effect.txt or any of the .fx that will do for example;

#if (AA_METHOD==0)
"USE_SHARP_METHOD_0"
#elif #if (AA_METHOD==1)
"USE_SHARP_METHOD_1"
#endif

As there is no way (that I know of) to call upon anything from the binary file so it will activate for instance a sharpening method with a preset of settings when a ENB AA method/methods are activated in the enbseries.ini.

If that is what you meant.

However you can do presets for different usage scenerios that can be deactivated by a simple #define or bollean command.

For example;

#define USE_VANILLA_SHARPEN_PRESET_SETTINGS 0 OR 1

----------------------------------------------------------------

#if (USE_VANILLA_SHARPEN_PRESET_SETTINGS==0)
"Sharpen preset settings for when AA methods deactivated"
#elif (USE_VANILLA_SHARPEN_PRESET_SETTINGS==1)
"Sharpen preset settings for when AA methods activated"
#endif

I hope you understand what I'm trying to describe here

Hey, I have a quick question regarding .fx implementation through the GUI.

I use a DOF enbeffectprepass.fx that allows manual adjusting of all the parameters (blur strength, focal length, etc). Is there a way to implement the enbeffectprepass.fx into the GUI for easy editing so I don't have to run my game in windowed mode and alt-tab to change setting?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The GUI implementation process is the same for all external shader files.

--JawZ-- wrote:The GUI implementation process is the same for all external shader files.
Thanks for responding. Forgive me for being daft. Since I don't know the process, is there a guide or instructions I can follow?

*sensei*

About AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions, will native res always be the ideal one to use for this?
Settings res to 720p and downscale to 1440p on a 1080p screen, looks lower quality than 1080p without downscaleing or is my eyes tricking me? :>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try compressing a 4k texture to 512 texture that has very fine details in it and there will be jagged edges because of the amount of pixels that have been squeezed into the the smaller picture, or something like that.

A lower resolution with downscaling as you mention does not produce higher quality, native resolution should be used for best quality along with or without downscaling. Lower resolution will always mean lower quality.

Борис, здравствуйте :) Понимаю, что возможно пошлете меня читать другие темы. Я хоть и читал про настройку enblocal, но все же по английски, мало того, надо связать все эти слова, что и как. Не могли бы подсказать, что выставить мне, под мои конфигурации компов?
Вот первый, 1гб 6850 видео, и 4гб оперативки(из них получается свободно только 2.5, ибо 1.5 съедает винда). И второй, там 2гб 660ti, и 8гб оперативки. Если не сложно для Вас, подскажите, что выставить, какие настройки :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

LivarFox
Radeon 6xxx вообще очень болезненная серия видеокарт, да еще оперативки мало. Будет фризить, тормозить и т.п., то следует увеличить или уменьшить VideoMemorySizeMb от -30% до +100%.
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=1024
На втором можно пробовать точно так же параметр менять, но от 1800 до 6000, зависит от драйверов и программ запущенных. На 32 битной OS ставить то же самое, что с радеоном, но на 1024 больше.

Yersinia79
x2 downsampling is optimal, because it use correct bilinear filter. Any different, like 1.8 or 2.2 will look ugly.

I did texture loading in shaders via annotations as "ResourceName" or "Name", this will help to load special texture similar to palette, but for another color calculations of shader pack i'm working on now (as replacement of sweetfx).