TES Skyrim 0.214

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.214

Boris, you've done a lot of awesome work for this Skyrim ENB.
I'm relatively new to ENBs, but customizing this stuff is seriously addicting.

I had some questions/comments that I hoped you might be able to help me with.
I've had some weird fire issues with soft particles enabled.
Ember effects on logs just seem to disappear when soft particles are enabled. Sometimes they will reappear while I move my view, but they instantly disappear once I stop moving.

Also, looks like fire (at least from spells) isn't drawn over the sky when soft particles are enabled.
This is easiest to see at night against a very dark sky. In my picture I was shooting fire towards a rock and tree that were silhouetted against the sky.
I don't think these issues are unique to this latest version, but I did verify they still occur.

I've also just started to mess around with Time Of Day settings, but there is definitely a lot of potential in customizing these settings. However, I'm wondering why sunrise and sunset values are interpolated throughout the entire duration of the day. In my opinion, sunrise/sunset conditions should really only exist for a max of 2-3 hours during the day time. It would be great if the fade time to day could be adjusted independently of the fade time to night, but even having them be equal would be better than the current fixed time situation of roughly 5-6 hours.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

NEOCortex
Can't do anything, on first screenshot fire on wood can't work with soft particle effect absolutely and on second screenshot is a bug which never happen on my pc and it shouldn't happen at all actually.
Sunruse and sunset not interpolated, they have hemispherical dependency sunrise-day-sunset, which is natural to sun angle on sky.

I understand what you're saying about the dependence on sun position in the sky. However, right now the sunrise/sunset settings fade almost linearly with the sun position from 0 to 90 degrees. In reality though, sunrise/sunset conditions are almost 90% gone when the sun is 20 degrees above horizon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In reality light amount falling on surface is function of angle, which i did. Nothing to discuss.

*sensei*

NEOCortex wrote:I understand what you're saying about the dependence on sun position in the sky. However, right now the sunrise/sunset settings fade almost linearly with the sun position from 0 to 90 degrees. In reality though, sunrise/sunset conditions are almost 90% gone when the sun is 20 degrees above horizon.
Change these values to get what you want.
For example if sunrise settings ends too early, increase SunriseTime parameter and/or DawnDuration.

Code: Select all

[TIMEOFDAY]
Enable=true
DawnDuration=2.0
SunriseTime=7.5
DayTime=13.0
SunsetTime=18.5
DuskDuration=2.0
NightTime=1.0

Together, DawnDuration and SunriseTime control the start and maximum time for sunrise, but not the end time.

Hello, new to the forums... kinda feel like a noob for asking but where can I currently download this version of the ENB?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Download latest version. Why everybody download latest driver, but won't latest ENBSeries? So silly.

Ah, well I did but I encountered some problems with the latest version with a preset I downloaded. Not sure if we can use names in this forum but it's called Project ENB fantasy, it used enb .214 at the time it was created. I saw there isn't a .214 available so I downloaded the newest one and tried that but in-game there are massive fps problems and spikes outside.. There is one problem especially where when looking certain directions outside the fps would drop to nothing and the brightness would flicker.

I was just wondering if using the .214 version would remedy the situation due to the fact the problem didn't happen at all when I uninstalled enb altogether.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Absolutely no changes to performance between versions.