TES Skyrim 0.221

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.221

number6 wrote:Forgot to mention that this is also with only the base ENB files from enbdev.com. I just lowered the above mentioned settings and point lighting to 0. Thanks. Sorry to bother if this has already been covered.
Have you tried just altering the values in the enbseries.ini? And do you hit "Save Configuration" when you're done altering?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here are shots from software rendering of subsurface scattering without sss textures, so similar to skyrim version:
Even this looks better than shots from users. It's a shame, you have mods installed with very detailed faces, but they are all awful.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Ok, what is it we're doing wrong then so that we can get effects like you show above? Here are my settings for SSS which I THINK I've gotten best results from. How can they be improved or what else needs to happen in order to make this work properly? Also, what other than skin and wax should we be looking for SSS on? Vegetables, trees? SSS obviously has a lot of potential, it'd be a shame to drop development...

SSS settings:

Code: Select all

[SUBSURFACESCATTERING]
Quality=0
Radius=3.0
Amount=0.15
EpidermalAmount=10.0
SubdermalAmount=12.5
EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.2
SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.25
EpidermalMix=0.2
SubdermalMix=0.3
[SUBSURFACESCATTERING]

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Not being lazy at all.... ;) Simply busy.
Anyway, never had a single issue besides when you applied tint fix.
This last version looks better to me, since it seems to better interact with SSIL, or in a different way.
Thus said, the performance hit is a tiny bit more, but I don't give a single shit at losing one FPS :)
Needs some tweak to fit each one's textures mix, but once done, looks gorgeous.
Once thing users should not forget is SSAO/SSIL close range + amounts do count a lot about the way SSS will look in the end on characters...
SSS settings alone does not mean a thing to me, since how we set our lighting and lenz effects if using particular amounts do count a ton as well.
Don't drop the thing plz ! ;) At last, skin is now CONSISTENT.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Boris could you explain what is wrong with the face textures that people use?

'Even this looks better than shots from users. It's a shame, you have mods installed with very detailed faces, but they are all awful.'

You're comparing screenshots of a software rendered sss shader that features back scattering to your realtime shader that only simulates frontal scattering and wondering why it doesn't look as good? I don;t mean to be offensive, this post just really confuses me coming from someone like you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Not having any noticeable issues with Subsurface Scattering here. All seems to be working well. Main character and NPC mods I'm using are...

DIMONIZED - UNP
Coverwomen (Look 3 for UNP)
CoverKhajlits
Better Males (Face & Body)
Eyebrows Match Hair
Natural Eyes
Eyes of Beauty
XCE - Warpaint and Dirt
High Res Tints for Beasts
Better Makeup for SKSE
Etheral Elven Overhaul
Lovely Hairstyles
Apachii Sky Hair
Temptress Race (Main character)
New Children
83Willows Jenassa

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*master*

Jafin16 wrote:
number6 wrote:Forgot to mention that this is also with only the base ENB files from enbdev.com. I just lowered the above mentioned settings and point lighting to 0. Thanks. Sorry to bother if this has already been covered.
Have you tried just altering the values in the enbseries.ini? And do you hit "Save Configuration" when you're done altering?
I'm modifying the values with the ENB GUI in game which is the same thing as modifying these values in enbseries.ini. What I'm trying to achieve it to just lower the intensity of these fire and particle effects. Like I said, the [FIRE] and [PARTICLES] settings DO affect the fire in the character's hand and the [PARTICLES] settings affect the interior floating fog, but regardless of what I set the values to, the fire and particles in the screenshot remain unaffected. If I set the [FIRE] and [PARTICLES] intensities to 0.0 then I would expect these effects to be black or invisible like it does to the fire in the hand. It's as if these effects are not categorized properly by the game which is what I think Mindflux' particle patch is trying to fix for some other objects in the game. I'm just asking for confirmation of my findings. Thanks

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

drFring
You're comparing screenshots of a software rendered sss shader that features back scattering to your realtime shader that only simulates frontal scattering and wondering why it doesn't look as good?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris

SSS looks really good on this owl ! :shock: I can definitely spot improvements here ! Those eyes .... :lol:
Just kidding ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop