Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Okay I can help you a bit there! :P

fw 10a23(0-9)

also 10a24(0-9)

Then you come through most of the vanilla weathers a bit quicker then waiting at random! :)

I think 4 is the rain if I recall correctly.

Anywhere, grass is everywhere in the game :)

just use

Set timescale to 20000 (or similar, and wait for fog or rain).

Edit: or above works too..

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

vurt
I haven't looked into this problem very thoroughly, but like Boris said, that type of grass doesn't have any directional ambient. That said, most likely there's not much you can do other than lower the (global, not directional) ambient value of the weather template. The affected grass is the kind the engine distributes procedurally, and it seems to have a static set of parameters set internally in the engine, i.e. you can edit the shader parameters of the mesh, but they won't mostly have any effect, or some which have, will make the grass stick out in other conditions. Like you have already noticed, it depends on the parameters (ambient...) used in the ENB preset on how severe the issue is.

But I'm not really any expert :lol:

@ mindflux

Alright, i've always wonedered about this "bug", good to get at least a bit of insight into it! :)
Thanks!

Issues with this fix

I love this patch except for two things.

It makes water have lots of black particles or lines running through it, even during the day. I would rather have my water glow at night and look amazing during the day than have it look weird all the time. This is mostly noticeable when looking at waterfalls and anywhere else that the water "mists" up, the mist is always black and most waterfalls are a lot less shiny cause of the black parts flowing through them.

It also seems to be causing an issue where my brightness flickers between two levels (although this might be a conflict with CoT or something, it happens whether ENB is turned on or off). It typically causes a big drop in my brightness in dark areas or at night, WHEN I'm looking at something that is very close to me, like if I look down at the ground or at a wall in front of my face / tree etc. etc. kind of how SSAO makes stuff transparent when close to it, only this issue just makes my whole screen darker until I look away or back up away from the object(s) in front of me.

Are there fixes for these? Or are there at least certain files I can delete from the patch?

*master*

Re: Issues with this fix

Babypuke wrote:I love this patch except for two things.

It makes water have lots of black particles or lines running through it, even during the day. I would rather have my water glow at night and look amazing during the day than have it look weird all the time. This is mostly noticeable when looking at waterfalls and anywhere else that the water "mists" up, the mist is always black and most waterfalls are a lot less shiny cause of the black parts flowing through them.

It also seems to be causing an issue where my brightness flickers between two levels (although this might be a conflict with CoT or something, it happens whether ENB is turned on or off). It typically causes a big drop in my brightness in dark areas or at night, WHEN I'm looking at something that is very close to me, like if I look down at the ground or at a wall in front of my face / tree etc. etc. kind of how SSAO makes stuff transparent when close to it, only this issue just makes my whole screen darker until I look away or back up away from the object(s) in front of me.

Are there fixes for these? Or are there at least certain files I can delete from the patch?
I don't think that this is mainly caused by the particle patch. It makes changes to the waterfall-meshes but nothing with water itself. It does not do things to the whole gameworld either, just particular meshes so you should track it down to single objects in the world (e.g. a door, rock, fire). I guess it does not make anything that would cause brightness to flicker or change in whole areas. But perhaps Mindflux can tell something different?

If you want to check out what waterfalls look like without particle patch, go to data/meshes/effects and rename/delete fxwaterfallbodyslope.nif, fxwaterfallbodytall.nif, fxwaterfallbodytall02.nif. Ah well, perhaps dots in water can be caused by the watersplash, so you can try and rename/delete these too: watersplash.nif, fxsplashheavy.nif, fxsplashlargechurn.nif, fxsplashlargechurnnorapids.nif

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Babypuke
Might I ask what video card you're using? Your problem sounds a lot like what's happening with the new water effects enabled when using an older-ish AMD video card (basically anything below the 7000 series and some of the 69xx series). Also, just to check, even if you don't have one of those cards, just disable the water effects in the GUI and see if those are causing a problem. The problems you're talking about don't sound like they're related to the particle patch at all, tbh, but I guess I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Hi!,

It is great work on ur particle patch and im enjoying it.

@mindflux and drumber

On object space normalmaps for children i support this project. ok

got em working on the children didnt make the spec map for it tho so this doesnt have spec map on it as i deleted the alpha channel. Dunno if u can put spec in alpha of _msn or not.

here is my source from ghostwalker at niftools
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... 090#p26606

So on childhead.nif (only did this one for testing) hands, bodys and skin parts on clothings and shoes
nitrishapedata > bsnumuvsets 1 and hasnormals no
bslightingshaderproperty> skyrimshadertype skin tint, shader flags 1 and 2 as per ur regular skin body nifs got em.
bsshadertextureset probably doesnt matter on head cause u gota set em up with a plugin. but for hands and clothing and stuff ul want to set em up.

in creation kit to make the head work make the new miscellaneous>textureset skinheadmalechild and set it up for has modelspace normalmap selecting textures. make new character>headpart>unisex>headpart and make it like the old one but select your new texture set.

Maybe u gotta do the texture sets with the clothings also tho but i didnt look into that.

When baking object space normalmaps for skyrim (they call em msn model space normalmap) in xnormal u want to set swizzle coordinates to -x +y +z to get the right channels to work in skyrim cause they did em all weird.

i hope this makes it all work good for u also.

Current version is 0.4b

Bryn's SPF 42

*sensei*

I'm not sure if anyone can help here, but i recently installed this skin texture:http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36425/?
It looks awesome, but i've got problems with SSS. It works on the whole body, but the settings und "object" don't change the SSS on female character's faces. The settings under "subsurfacescattering" do though. And i also see a difference when i disable/enable SSS.
I hope this hasn't been asked before.

Intel Core i5-3570 @ 4.00GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU ii 4GB Vram | Win7 64bit on Samsung SSD 840 120GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That mod only contains color textures no "SSS" textures.

You either need to create a set for them or find good and properly done "SSS" textures or _sk.dds textures as they are called.
If you have no _sk textures in your texture/character/"Type" folder then you will use the vanilla textures and they are working with all SSS settings, but if you are using for example "No more Bronze skin" mod then you won't have a proper _sk texture.