TES Skyrim 0.231

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.231

Thanks for the explanation Boris. Always like to know how thinks work.

When you say "sources", do you mean having the models in (for example) .obj format? I know that Gamebryo uses .nif. However, I can extract the polygons from the .nif files, if that's of any use.

There is a huge difference between intel and AMD for batching. Is that because it's single-threaded, using intel's compiler or just hardware differences? [url=http://www.agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49Intel's compiler is renowned for screwing AMD CPUs.[/url]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what you decide to make next. The water features are amazing, and performance has improved since v201. Keep up the good work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What I would love to see, though probably not possible, is for the fog to have a variable thickness or curve so it can be thinner/darker as it goes up from the horizon.

Like this:

Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*sensei*

Confidence-Man wrote:What I would love to see, though probably not possible, is for the fog to have a variable thickness or curve so it can be thinner/darker as it goes up from the horizon.
I totally agree. And maybe a color filter to go with it.

Also, crossing fingers for TXAA to work...! :) I use it despite of ghosting. It's by far the absolute best normal AA method next to MSAA!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not TXAA it's Boris own algorithm that isn't also restricted to 1 Hardware base only like TXAA is on purpose by Nvidia ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

I also like Confidence-Man's idea with the fog. But this would probably need more layers of fog than possible in the CK.

Intel Core i5-3570 @ 4.00GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 DirectCU ii 4GB Vram | Win7 64bit on Samsung SSD 840 120GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty
Sources as in the source code of the engine/renderer.

*sensei*

mindflux wrote:FiftyTifty
Sources as in the source code of the engine/renderer.
There goes that suggestion. Oh well.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
I don't know what TXAA is, only saw generic papers and from list of supported games it's just a mix of several antialiasing techniques. And i don't care about it, not my business at all. Why SLI/Crossfire not work is also not my business, i can't do anything with my hardware.

FiftyTifty
Sources means game engine code, when you know the list of objects which will be rendered with all their properties.
Intel vs AMD performance differ because of architecture, which affect dip bottleneck, only Intel based systems can give maximal performance, which is easily scaled by overclocking, while AMD almost unaffected. Such details better to ask from hardware engineers, i only know performance results.

Confidence-Man
Actually this is possible, but i dropped idea when saw Real Clouds mod and some similar which can't work at all with fog.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote: Actually this is possible, but i dropped idea when saw Real Clouds mod and some similar which can't work at all with fog.
I cant use Real Clouds due to the massive fps drop im getting on my budget machine. I use it for screen shots only.
So with that said I would want to see height controlled fog if you say its possible. :) It sounds promising!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

insomnia_jt wrote: So with that said I would want to see height controlled fog if you say its possible. :) It sounds promising!
^^^^ This. ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop