TES Skyrim 0.233

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.233

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.233

Added water displacement with appropriate parameters for it. It's done via parallax occlusion culling, because water displacement in skyrim is very tricky thing, water consist from many separated planes, even complex parallax math work faster than method which i tried.

PS: tested Pure Waters, it height map do not fit absolutely. WATER mod have one map with height which looks ok, but not scaled, so it level is always below default water plane (white alpha is no displacement).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.233

Using WATER myself, and the effect is hardly noticeable, but it is still.
Something's wrong with height map ? Gonna PM the author about this ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Only one texture have height in alpha, so i just renaming it to default and don't use esp and bsa files.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to mention, height of displacement is fixed, so it visible at max amplitude only when waves have full range of values from black to white, WATER mod use only from 80 to 171 for that map i know instead of 0..255

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris adding water to the profiler ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Forgot to mention, height of displacement is fixed, so it visible at max amplitude only when waves have full range of values from black to white, WATER mod use only from 80 to 171 for that map i know instead of 0..255
Okay. I'll ask the author if it's intentional, or maybe he can change that.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
Water performance depends from it's visibility on screen, distance to it, camera angle, height. So profiler is absolutely useless for non developers. And of course there is nothing to tweak by performance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

yeah i can analyze the impact with the normal profiler seeing the drawcalls highering from 700/770 character head + hair + background rendering to 3800/4000 character head + hair + water rendering but that is with the old one gonna test the new one now :)
The framerate drop with the old water 231 rendering is like 2 fps in that scene so from 19 fps (looking above the water surface rendered character head + hair + background) to 12 fps (looking down to the water surface + character head + hair water enabled) to 14 fps (looking down to the water surface + character head + hair water disabled)
I think the heaviest impact in that scene are the reflections not sure if the framerate drop causes the latency that follows moving the camera to the water surface but i guess so from a drop from 19 to 12 fps.

Though im doing the test better with the scene memory cached instead of the first run

Memory cached the result looks a little different

1st Run

19/12/14

2nd Run

21/15/16

ok the 233 results doesn't change without displacement so practically the same overhead :)

Though i guess i will replace that scene with this Draw Calls are as low but GPU Glows

My current ENB overhead on this Scene is gigantic from the Default Rendering 55 fps down to 12 fps when enabling ENB

even if i disable water entirely i go way over the 50% overhead for this scene (27 fps) i currently reach (16/18 fps)

@Boris
are Caustics that heavy even if not rendered on screen ?, i dunno whats going on but i disabled all water features except caustics but i get a water overhead of -4 fps, something seems to get removed from the surface of the original water though.

@Boris
Also when testing new results this happened when walking around in the Level i have absolutely no idea what is going on, i was pretty shocked though a cool effect the adaption is kicking in and then the aliens appear :D

Have to try to recreate this also with earlier ENBs i know where and when it happens and saved it

maybe also a issue with the new Nvidia WHQL Driver, it's only happening if i face the exact angle you see moving away from it makes it disapear i have no idea which object in that direction could trigger this that is visible @ least, maybe i should follow the light it seems to get heavier if i move closer (spooky) ;) ?

Disabled all Shader processing no go disabled enb no go either will try to reproduce it and then fallback to 231 ENB and try to reproduce it again and then fall back to the previous Nvidia WHQL driver if the result should be the same with ENB 231 :(

Restarted it's gone maybe i temporarily overloaded the shader units ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
I don't know what the hell are you doing there, but remember many complains from you, don't believe it's my mod.
Huge performance loss because of displacement (parallax occlusion culling), but i don't have so much, so you are forcing anisotropic filtering in drivers or/and textures of water do not have mipmaps. Don't know other reason for that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to say, that water performance also drop almost twice when character stepped in to water some time ago, because water around him/her drawed once again. Anyway, i'll do some optimizations for "displacement" now.