TES Skyrim 0.233

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.233

CruNcher wrote:Yep also the Bethesda team itself had great ideas but as allways Deadlines ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IPmk#t=163
They use that fake wobbly effect which I don't really like, from a realism standpoint. That does not happen in nature, but everyone associates such an effect with underwater anyway. But I like the random particles/bubbles.

Also at 0:38 in that video, the "flow based water shader" is quite nice. It's probably similar to Valve's flow map technique. I would totally author a flow map for it if it could be implemented, but I'm already guessing the answer to that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here is the "thing" i told when depth corrected according to displacement. I can make fading corrections also, but bug will not go away. Perhaps better to use it only for underwater and for other cases somehow to use to simulate wet surface where wave is missing.

Btw i changed water filter for ssao, reflections, ibl, so effects will not be visible on water. May be later will do distortion for them instead of removing.

*sensei*

Oh my. The water you've got there looks glorious. Would you know where I could get a parallax-thingmy (or whatever is needed for the bumpy water) for the vanilla water texture?

Would be most obliged.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

jonwd7 wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:There just has to be some sort of distortion when underwater. It looking the same as air would just be unrealistic.
If you mean waviness/wobbliness of the image that is not an actual physical phenomenon. Lots of games use this full screen distortion effect, but this isn't real. It's just to differentiate from above water, in lieu of other better effects. I did this for Oblivion with OBGE (a long long time ago), but I knew that it wasn't realistic.

Refraction doesn't really happen in a continuous (homogenous) medium, unless there are temperature differentials (e.g. fire in air). Refraction mostly happens at boundaries between different media (air/water, water/air, oil/water, etc).
No that's not what I'm thinking. I saw the video and my first thought was "Wow that looks amazing!" and then I went "Wait... underwater doesn't look like that at all... I can barely see underwater!" I'm thinking something along the lines of blur or something like (but not actually) volumetric fog that limits how far you can see and how well. But anyways, I'm sure Boris has some great things in mind so I'm all for whatever it is, so long as the blur gets replaced with something better. My original point is, if the blur is just going and not being replaced, better leave the blur. Something is better than nothing, IMHO.

CruNcher
I hate that video... I really do. The reason is, THOSE THINGS WERE DONE BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED!!! Done, finished, with maybe a little tweaking needed. And so much of it NEVER GOT USED!!!! Some of it did too (horseback combat, Vampire Lords, Werewolf Perk Tree, Werebears sorta) and the rest just got left in the archives. I mean... SPEARS MAN!!! And the mixing of spells... ugh... Bethesda why do I hate you and love you so much?!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Here is the "thing" i told when depth corrected according to displacement. I can make fading corrections also, but bug will not go away. Perhaps better to use it only for underwater and for other cases somehow to use to simulate wet surface where wave is missing.

Btw i changed water filter for ssao, reflections, ibl, so effects will not be visible on water. May be later will do distortion for them instead of removing.
Wait wait wait couldn't you create those dynamic on Rain drop impact ?
Jafin16 wrote:
jonwd7 wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:There just has to be some sort of distortion when underwater. It looking the same as air would just be unrealistic.
If you mean waviness/wobbliness of the image that is not an actual physical phenomenon. Lots of games use this full screen distortion effect, but this isn't real. It's just to differentiate from above water, in lieu of other better effects. I did this for Oblivion with OBGE (a long long time ago), but I knew that it wasn't realistic.

Refraction doesn't really happen in a continuous (homogenous) medium, unless there are temperature differentials (e.g. fire in air). Refraction mostly happens at boundaries between different media (air/water, water/air, oil/water, etc).
No that's not what I'm thinking. I saw the video and my first thought was "Wow that looks amazing!" and then I went "Wait... underwater doesn't look like that at all... I can barely see underwater!" I'm thinking something along the lines of blur or something like (but not actually) volumetric fog that limits how far you can see and how well. But anyways, I'm sure Boris has some great things in mind so I'm all for whatever it is, so long as the blur gets replaced with something better. My original point is, if the blur is just going and not being replaced, better leave the blur. Something is better than nothing, IMHO.

CruNcher
I hate that video... I really do. The reason is, THOSE THINGS WERE DONE BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED!!! Done, finished, with maybe a little tweaking needed. And so much of it NEVER GOT USED!!!! Some of it did too (horseback combat, Vampire Lords, Werewolf Perk Tree, Werebears sorta) and the rest just got left in the archives. I mean... SPEARS MAN!!! And the mixing of spells... ugh... Bethesda why do I hate you and love you so much?!
Yes these things where done in 1 week while Crunch pretty cool stuff todo @ Crunch and some later where being implemented in the DLCs some never but some where implemented by the community and even crazier stuff, and it is far from the End it continues we have a pretty nice hook into the scripting part via SKSE and can evolve it as well with outside magic, we already have a physics layer a morph manipulation layer we have expressions back in 1.9, we have a dynamic scriptable texture change possibility :D

Seasonal Foliage is something very yummy and i wonder when someone will tackle it or @ least try :)

Nice mod in the works dynamic character textures for different environments so if you fight in a Dungeon you will come out dirty in the end ;)
Last edited by CruNcher on 09 Nov 2013, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
Rain drops drawed after water surface and i can't apply them to displaced water, if you asking that.

EDIT: fixed by capturing depth twice at cost of performance, hope it will not do anything with newest drivers and amd cards, i prefer don't touch that code.
Decided to use depth correction for displacement only for underwater, but depth for ssao and other effects is captured before i output displaced water depth, as result visible clipping plane of original water for all effects, which depends from depth (ssao, ibl, reflection, etc etc etc). For me it's awful, don't know, delete depth offset (silhouette) or keep it as variable for those users who don't use anything, except water.

*sensei*

I am free next 3 days. Throw test files at me if you need help in experiments.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

Boris

With the new Enb, in outdoor cells all waves from character are out of place and stretched when displacement is enabled. It seems to be dependent on camera angle, if I move the camera angle the waves move with it and stretch.

EnableDisplacement=false

EnableDisplacement=true

NOTE: is more visible in shallow water but not much in rivers or lakes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Diegog5
Can't do anything, waves from character must be applied on to displaced surface, otherwise it look much more strange that you see it now.
EDIT: found issue, by some reason one axis must be flipped for displacement of dynamic waves.

*master*

WoodsOfYpres wrote:Jafin16
Thank you! :)
Well i use a pretty high value for sun scattering multiplier and did the following in the CK:
I simply loaded Skyrim.esm and the RealisticWaterTwo.esp (as active file of course), went to the category watertype and changed the "deepcolor" setting of every water type i wanted to have this effect. I changed the settings like this for the shots i think: R:35 G:95 B:86 . But it changed overall watercolor a bit too much for my taste so i recently lowered the brightness of the deepcolor to 40.
Looks good now with sun scattering multiplier set to 9.
Thanks for the tip, Woods. I tried this, and water looks pretty darn good. I went a little farther than you, and made the deepcolor the same basic color as the shallowcolor, but with overall tone similar to the original color, for each water type. Looks a little better in places where a blue-green color is at total odds with the shallow water color (i.e. murky water that has more of a brownish tint.) I also left some water types alone, as they were either supposed to be black, represented lava, or would have otherwise looked quirky with such a bright blue-green deepcolor.