TES Skyrim 0.236

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.236

First of all, i hate to read requests about effects, especially with links to some other games or work. Second, i wrote many times that sun direction and shadow direction in this crappy game are not the same, any volumetric computations from shadows are doomed to look at least strange (to make them visible only if sun not in the camera? just wasting of performance).

I've been wondering this for a while, but Boris updates his mod a lot. Is there any chance someone might be able to make videos (maybe periodically) of new features as he adds them?

It's nice that there are screenshots, but seeing it in motion is something different, and you still have to configure them yourself, which isnt easy for everyone. I think videos would be great publicity for both the person making them and Boris, so I think it's worth doing.

I'd be up for it but my pc is not good enough. Any takers?

*master*

shingouki wrote:I've been wondering this for a while, but Boris updates his mod a lot. Is there any chance someone might be able to make videos (maybe periodically) of new features as he adds them?

It's nice that there are screenshots, but seeing it in motion is something different, and you still have to configure them yourself, which isnt easy for everyone. I think videos would be great publicity for both the person making them and Boris, so I think it's worth doing.

I'd be up for it but my pc is not good enough. Any takers?
Would be really great if someone could so this :)

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

Sometimes I might not have the time so I don't want to compromise, but I'll think about making video updates for ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Video of underwater
http://youtu.be/lfhvUOAE-W4

Don't know what I've done wrong here. Just installed .236, downloaded and installed the helper mod too, copypasted the underwater settings and get this:
Surface works fine:

Is this an AMD issue or am I missing something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again.
Applied generic mod reflections to underwater surface, of course effect visible only when reflections enabled in [EFFECTS] category. Reflection math is additive, it's wrong for underwater, but because of artifacts of screen space reflections i can't use proper math (black color in not traced reflections).

Dazaster
Unreal Warfare reported invisible underwater if i remember (disabling displacement fix that, if so, then amd bug). Out of ideas.

i really have to thank you Boris for the new underwater effects.

looks great!

RealVision ENB preset + Pure Waters.
http://youtu.be/zgSBy5Wlc_c

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Boris
it's awesome no more Blur issues :)

We really need Oxygen Bubbles now, like Bethesda demoed them :)

I really really hope you get Underwater Caustics to work it's hard to believe that it's doable in Oblivion but somehow not in Skyrim :(

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dazaster
Unreal Warfare reported invisible underwater if i remember (disabling displacement fix that, if so, then amd bug). Out of ideas.[/quote]
It's not an AMD bug. I have all effects enabled and underwater looks perfect (it's amazing Boris!)

I was going to take some screenshots but just before I did my game crashed... I'm feeling the need for a beefier GPU :) I actually went to the local computer store to see if they had any R9 290's in stock but they didn't. May need to order off newegg. Anyway, sorry, off-topic. Underwater looks great on my end with an AMD card.