TES Skyrim 0.236

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.236

Maeldun wrote:
Gruftlord wrote:i think this is a vanilla bug, and i also think Maeldun is correct, that in order to fix it the mesh needs to be adjusted. if you find out, how to correctly modify it to get rid of the bug, please let us now Maeldun. i, too would be highly interested to know what the correct alpha flag is to fix the issue
To enable complete transparency of parts of the texture on a mesh, you must had a AlphaProperty in nifskope with 4844 for the flag and 128 for the threshold. A lot of armor and clothing mods that use the AlphaProperty to "mask" out portions of the texture with the AlphaProperty and it will work fine with these values.

If on the other hand you have a texture that is partially masked (i.e. only partly transparent), then I think you will run into this problem no matter what. A flag of 4845 and a threshold of 0 will allow for partial transparency but due to an engine shader issue, it won't render through a water surface with this variable method, at least not that I've seen. Every flag/threshold combination I've tried (with other flag options in nifskope) fails to render the transparency of the garment through a water surface. Either there is zero transparency (i.e. rendered, but opaque) or the garment is not rendered at all.

You can edit the meshes yourself if the mod author is too lazy to do so - it's easy enough to do if you have nifskope installed. In any event, this is not an ENB bug. You should see the same result when you hit shift-F12.
ah too bad, i hoped you know a combination, that specifically fixes the underwater bug.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris, I'm having some transparency issues with the latest binary

Previous tested version (19/11 08:44) ENB water on - all water effects enabled, no issues

Latest version ENB water on (same settings as above) - spectacular of rocks strongly shows through water

Latest version ENB water off (issue not present in vanilla either)

I'm using Realistic Water 2 textures - issue still present with this mods esp disabled

Is this fixable with the latest changes you made?

Many Thanks :D

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't think that can do anything with transparency. In old versions used different filter code which reduce ssao and similar effects for transparent objects, then in one of previous versions changed it to more agressive version, which greatly fix water "transparency" when ibl or ssao enabled, but in last update found that it's too much extreme, even fixssaowatertransparency not work and give ugly line on shore, so i did another code for water transparency fix, it use water deepness directly instead of difference in colors. I don't have any more ideas how to filter out water, so unable to help now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't see issues myself with ibl and ssao enabled and realistic water 2 installed. But i don't see stones from screenshots near riverwood, may be it's only in specific places where water changed by realistic water two mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks for having a look at this Boris

The location in my screenshots is Robbers Gorge: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Robber%27s_Gorge I don't see the issue either in Riverwood, but have seen it with a few other wet rocks

Some other things I've discovered during further testing:
- Using vanilla Wet Rock meshes makes no difference - issue still there
- Disabling reflections with water enabled 100% solves the issue
- Reducing SpecularAmountMultiplierDay from 1.5 to 1 greatly reduced the issue so it was hardly noticeable

If it can't be fixed I'll just have to teak my settings a bit, unless anyone else has any other suggestions for what could be causing the problem

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uh, haven't tested with reflections, will try it soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes, i see this from reflections on vanilla game. Okay, will try to fix.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fix of that bug with "transparent" reflections on water will be available in next update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Fix of that bug with "transparent" reflections on water will be available in next update.
Thanks Boris :D

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16

my Flickr
my videos

I am enjoying all the updates immensely!

It seems that the displacement has an effect on the sun reflections inside the loaded cells (ugrid) but not on distant water.
The screenshots below are Vanilla water, but I see the same with Realistic Water Two with all ENB options installed.

In the second screenshot the water the front not having any sun reflections.

[WATER]
EnableDisplacement=false

[WATER]
EnableDisplacement=true

Please let me know if more information is needed. I am happy help,