TES Skyrim 0.236

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.236

Maeldun wrote:The mod is called "Safety Load" and based on my experience, it is not effective at allowing Skyrim to load exterior saves, from the main menu, with a lot of mods any more than before. What it does seem to do successfully is prevent the infinite loading screens that would occur when transitioning between certain cells, namely Jorrvaskr basement and Ragged Flagon. Also, the Mistveil presets are pretty heavy on the postprocessing effects so they make the game take longer to load. In the end, the safest way to start the game when you're running a lot of mods is to load an interior save without a lot of actors around and then load the exterior saves from within the game (not the main menu).
Pretty sums it up. The little trick to load an exterior save after loading an interior I abuse too. All in all Safety Load helped a lot for ILSs that occur when switching cells, especially from interior to exterior cells and when fast travelling. It might help even more in combination with adjusted papyrus settings when you are running a lot of script mods.
16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 G.Skill
Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
Asus PB278Q 27'' 2560x1440

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Damn, i'm so much tired from changing temporal antialiasing, can't find why it not work properly. Twice did it from scratch, what i forgot have no idea, it work only for texture which captured before drawing non transparent objects, but after drawing transparent everything shifting per frame just like TAA enabled, but not computed.

While doing some work on tree and grass textures, i found out that the engine doens't care about half transparent pixels.
As soon as the opacity is above 1%, the pixel will be fully drawn at 100% opacity.
I tried using A8R8G8B8, DXT5 and DX3, always the same result : 100% opacity or 0% opacity, nothing in-between.

Screen :

In gimp, the black opacity gradient :

The black pines should be showing a black thing but with a transparency gradient from 0 to 100%
Here, all is 100% opacity black...

Is there something you can do about it ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

dricks2222
Chaning alpha reference and/or disabling alpha test in object properties is what you need.

*sensei*

Dricks2222:
I had the same issue when I did some flora retextures... it really is a pain to do in GIMP because you always get some weird halo around everything because of it.
However it is possible with hard work to remove all the half transparent pixels.
Sadly the plugins that Photoshop has for it are not converted properly for GIMP yet or it would be really easy.

Guess one should try to go and edit the mesh alpha settings and try to fix it that way. Guess I should try that as well in the future. Thanks for that hint Boris!

@enbseries
You mean proper handling of half transparent texture can be achieved using a mesh property ?
This is not an engine limitation ?
I can have semi transparent texture (i mean, where you can see through it, like fire particules) ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You may be able to download a legal trial version of photoshop too, install the plugins and you'll have full photoshop for the next 30 days... a thought. Since Adobe changed their CS business model I don't know for sure if they still do the trial versions, but I'd assume they would.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Damn, i'm so much tired from changing temporal antialiasing, can't find why it not work properly. Twice did it from scratch, what i forgot have no idea, it work only for texture which captured before drawing non transparent objects, but after drawing transparent everything shifting per frame just like TAA enabled, but not computed.
:-\ That's too bad. Ah well it was worth a shot IMO, so thank you. For me it's not actually too big a deal anymore as I have a new vid card coming in the next day or 2 and should be able to start downsampling and maintain a decent fps (Radeon R9 290) so aliasing won't be much of an issue anymore. Still, your TAA is still amazing. Hopefully something like it can be implemented for future games built on newer technology (GTA5, Fallout 4, and (eventually) TES:6 I'm looking at you...)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

dricks2222
It's not engine limitation. Problem partially exist for entire rendering technology and can be fixed only by dx11 features, but in your case as i understood it's just mesh properties.

*sensei*

dricks2222 wrote:@enbseries
You mean proper handling of half transparent texture can be achieved using a mesh property ?
This is not an engine limitation ?
I can have semi transparent texture (i mean, where you can see through it, like fire particules) ?
To control the opacity through the texture, you'll have to modify the mesh file's NiAlphaProperties setting in addition to doing transparency in the texture file. The Skyrim default value does not allow the gradual opacity through the texture file. Here's a good mesh and transparency tutorial web site.
http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Crea ... ansparency
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE