TES Skyrim 0.243

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.243

Reporting on the water displacement change i mentioned.
Happens with the 0.241 where displacement filter quality was added.
I tested all kinds of displacement filter and quality. Its the same. Waves are 50% less intense at 1.0 value than before. Restored the previous binary and things were back to what i expected.
Also happens with 0.243
26 december 2013
Updated ENBSeries 0.241 for TES Skyrim without version change. Fixed bug with water displacement which did in previous update, i'm sorry.
I missed this update. Dont know what bug users reported and what was fixed. Have to check back.

Found it.
Version updated, download again
With previous update i corrupted water displacement code and it looked very unprecise, fixed.
What did you find unprecise? Maybe i am reporting a false bug, help me understand.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
Unprecise means bug i did in water code when optimized it. Anyway, i'll try to figure out this issue.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
0.236_5 vs 0.243, i don't see difference in water amplitude
Image Image

*sensei*

Hey Boris, thanks for the detailed information earlier.
After a few hours testing I've experienced some heavy stutters and an extended period of a black screen that only happens after loading screens.

I think it only happens with Occlusion Culling enabled, since disabling the new memory detection parameter doesn't keep it from happening - but I can tell you more tomorrow.

Also happens on my girlfriend's PC by the way.

*sensei*

That water looks god-damn sexy. Is there a parallax for Skyrim's vanilla water?

*master*

Thanks, Boris! Looking forward to testing OC out. Any additional FPS I can get is awesome.

One thing I am curious about. I currently have the bPreemptivelyUnloadCells flag set in Skyrim.ini. This flag tells the game engine to unload world cells (including LOD cells) that are not within the view of the camera. You can actually see this effect by using 'tfc' in the console, and flying high in the sky. In any cells where preemptive unloading has occurred, you will see missing landscape, possibly with some floating tree LODs in them (not sure why some of the tree LODs stay...might have to do with a LOD mod.) Will ENB OC and bPreemptivelyUnloadCells work nicely together? Any chance for a conflict there?

Hi
I have been disconnected from skyrim and enb for several months. The last version I'm using is the 13.7.13, but now I have updated to the 0.243.
Let me begin by saying that all the new features are awesome, and the performance is better and with less stutterings, but I have found some problems, or maybe I don't know how some of the new features works:

1) When I enable the "water" feature, it seems everything works right EXCEPT I can't see sun reflexion (I mean, the sun itself, the white circle reflected on the water). I have tried activating/deactivating everything under "water" menu, but nothing works. The sun reflexion only shows when I deactivate "water" feature.

2) The new lenz system brings me strong purple reflections. I can tweak the intensity but not the color. Why is purple? Can I tweak the lenz color?

3) About volumetric rays, I have activated this but the only thing I notice is a big increase in overall sky brightnes. It seems more like a super-overall-sky bloom effect. What it is supposed that "volumetric rays" do? I though that it would be a "sun rays" feature improve, or something like that. What is the difference between "volumetric rays" and "sun rays"?, I thought that old sun rays feature already gave me volumetric rays...or so I see it when I put my shield/sword in front of the sun.
So, what "volumetric rays" exactly means, and what's the difference with (old) "sun rays" feature?
EDIT: OK I have just seen what volumetric rays are and whoooooaaaaaauuuuu :o

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions, and for my poor english.

Happy new year!
Cooler Master HAF-X Case
Windows 7 64b

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

jrista
Do not think about possible issues with occlusion culling, it's my problem.

Maegirom
Specular work properly, i removed only incorrect one.
Purple lens reflections because their code use one from old mods, violet color shift phenomena (like in latest apple products :lol: ). Modify shader to your taste.
Air have density of dust which is lit by the sun, if weather is clear, then all visible air lit by sun. If cloudy, then unlit. Volumetric rays can't work any other way.

Talking about specular on water: would it be possible to use the SunColorFilter colors?
It seems to be always reflecting a white sun, or did I mess something up?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sheson
Sun color is not used for water specular, it not used anywhere for 3d objects, because sun is just an object, not the light source. Direct light properties only affect water specular.