TES Skyrim 0.243

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.243

It's working, perfectly!!! Everything back to normal, as it was in v0.240!
Gravel and rocks shading okay again, not flat looking anymore. Dark areas gone as well. Sharp dark borders gone.

Thanks so much for your help Boris!! You're awesome.
Now I can sleep again :)

If I encounter any issues in future versions, I'll let you know & I'd be more than glad to help out to find the problem.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pyrobunta wrote:Anyone know what can cause this odd graphical glitch where suddenly colorful triangles flicker on my screen and my game crashes? It happened after I installed the latest version.
Strange. Agreed with electricsheep26354, looks like a typical overheating issue.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Oyama wrote:
Pyrobunta wrote:Anyone know what can cause this odd graphical glitch where suddenly colorful triangles flicker on my screen and my game crashes? It happened after I installed the latest version.
Strange. Agreed with electricsheep26354, looks like a typical overheating issue.
Ditto, I had that when my old graphics card broke down.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pyrobunta
This happen for me if you plug-in nvidia card when previously had amd drivers (doesn't matter if you deleted drivers). If this is not the case, then driver bug, try different drivers. If not helps, it's crapware loving you. If it's not, then overheating, downclock videocard (but this may not help). Also try to turn off effects to find out which affect issue and compare then to 0.236. Also your description of the problem is too short to understand.

AMD users
Try out that silent update too, i fixed code of speedhack which seems was buggy. I still don't understand why samplers 10-12 was not affected at all by tests, but the last hope is that higher displacement in older versions was a wrong with srgb enabled because of speedhack, so if this new version have "flat" waves for amd users (but it use old samplers, original), then problem found.

Nope, no flat waves on AMD card here. As I said above, everything is in perfect working order with the silent update :)

*sensei*

Waves working as intended with silent update.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

electricsheep26354 wrote:
Either you've overclocked your graphics card too much (ENB is very demanding on it) or you may have this mod installed:

Safety Load http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

This is known to cause graphic glitches - if so try the mod author's solution:

If you have any problem after Installation (CTD when open menu, get more CTD or freeze, graphical glitch etc.), please try:
"EnableOnlyLoading = true" in data/SKSE/Plugins/SafetyLoad.ini.
This means that it can not block game freezing during play except loading screen.
If you still got problems after setting .ini, you cannot use this mod... Sorry.

Hope this helps ;)
Actually I have that. Will try, thanks.

*sensei*

With SafetyLoad it happens to me as well.. but it's very rare and as long as you know that it's not your GPU overheating or it's memory dying I'd say it's fine.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As has been mentioned by several others, it sounds to me just like an overheating GPU. Keep an eye on your temps your next game session and if they get too high, you know what it is. Also, keep an eye on your temps in other games. ENB is pretty aggressive on your GPU so it might be a bit much.

Jafin16 wrote:As has been mentioned by several others, it sounds to me just like an overheating GPU. Keep an eye on your temps your next game session and if they get too high, you know what it is. Also, keep an eye on your temps in other games. ENB is pretty aggressive on your GPU so it might be a bit much.
I've checked with the performance monitor, so it's not heat. Apparently Safety Load has some issues with SkyUI, Including graphical artifacts that cause the game to crash after reading the comments.