TES Skyrim 0.245

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.245

0.244 = 0.0070
0.245 = 0.0140

with supersampling on.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Hey Boris;

I need to report a serious stability issue with your latest releases.

I've been having freezes with ENB after .241. Oyama and I were trying to figure out how to counteract my freezes today, but I had no luck, until I rolled back to .236. I've been playing for hours, the game is rock solid.

It may sound like it's a hardware issue, but it's not. I stress tested my VGA, I can play Battlefield 4, or any other game for hours straight, the PC is stable, my overclocks are rock solid.

Here's the issue:
After playing for a while, the screen flickers, or simply goes black for like half a second. Following this, my game and PC freezes, I lose picture and colored lines appear on my screen, as if I had corrupted memory. At this point, I must reset my PC because it completely freezes the system: no response to alt-tab, or ctrl-alt-del. My guess is that my drivers are crashing in the background. At first, I thought I had bad memory manager settings, or bad ini settings, thought that maybe I was pushing the quality settings too far, but that's not it. I tried rolling back to "easier" settings, set qualities to low, shadow resolutions manually to 2048. I tried various settings for memory manager, compression on/off, tried disabling occlusion culling, didn't help. I tried reinstalling DirectX, completely cleaning my drivers and reinstalling different versions. I tried disabling my overclocks, both on CPU and GPU. It's not an issue with overheating, my temps are solid, nothing goes above 65C. I thought that maybe I had too many mods, but I've reinstalled Skyrim 3 times, and it didn't help. I tried with completely plain inis, default presets with the required changes to make ENB work (FloatPointRender~ and DrawShadows~)

The problem remains.

What surprises me the most is that nobody is actually reporting any similar behaviour, especially since there are a lot of AMD users here.
My system is
i5 2500k / 4.4Ghz
AMD 7850 2Gb / 1Ghz/5Ghz
8Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz.
Win7 x64
my system is clean and I have no viruses. Like I said, .236 is perfectly stable. I would not report this to here if I didn't think it was an issue with the binary, but I'm confident that it is.

@Gabber - AMD user here using the latest BETA drivers and I'm having absolutely none of the issues you're talking about. I have perfect stability with ENB and with other games, so I'd look on your end for issues.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Gabber wrote:Hey Boris;

I need to report a serious stability issue with your latest releases.

I've been having freezes with ENB after .241. Oyama and I were trying to figure out how to counteract my freezes today, but I had no luck, until I rolled back to .236. I've been playing for hours, the game is rock solid.

It may sound like it's a hardware issue, but it's not. I stress tested my VGA, I can play Battlefield 4, or any other game for hours straight, the PC is stable, my overclocks are rock solid.

Here's the issue:
After playing for a while, the screen flickers, or simply goes black for like half a second. Following this, my game and PC freezes, I lose picture and colored lines appear on my screen, as if I had corrupted memory. At this point, I must reset my PC because it completely freezes the system: no response to alt-tab, or ctrl-alt-del. My guess is that my drivers are crashing in the background. At first, I thought I had bad memory manager settings, or bad ini settings, thought that maybe I was pushing the quality settings too far, but that's not it. I tried rolling back to "easier" settings, set qualities to low, shadow resolutions manually to 2048. I tried various settings for memory manager, compression on/off, tried disabling occlusion culling, didn't help. I tried reinstalling DirectX, completely cleaning my drivers and reinstalling different versions. I tried disabling my overclocks, both on CPU and GPU. It's not an issue with overheating, my temps are solid, nothing goes above 65C. I thought that maybe I had too many mods, but I've reinstalled Skyrim 3 times, and it didn't help. I tried with completely plain inis, default presets with the required changes to make ENB work (FloatPointRender~ and DrawShadows~)

The problem remains.

What surprises me the most is that nobody is actually reporting any similar behaviour, especially since there are a lot of AMD users here.
My system is
i5 2500k / 4.4Ghz
AMD 7850 2Gb / 1Ghz/5Ghz
8Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz.
Win7 x64
my system is clean and I have no viruses. Like I said, .236 is perfectly stable. I would not report this to here if I didn't think it was an issue with the binary, but I'm confident that it is.
And I trust you've tried playing for awhile with only ENB installed (no other mods), using Boris default files as well as a completely clean game (no mods, no ENB) too, just to rule out ALL other possibilities? AMD user here as well and no problems on my end so far. Using 13.12 WHQL drivers myself.

I expected some of the turbo-geniuses to crawl out of their hole. I've been trying to solve this issue for 3 days now. I've ruled out everything except for a format C:/.

If .236 is rock solid, what does that tell you?

*master*

Sorry, not much help to give. I'm also an AMD user and have had no such issues. Besides using earlier releases, I've used .236, .240, .241, .243, .244 and .245.

*sensei*

For my PC, I never could use the latest AMD driver after their 13.10 beta. Even the latest WHQL 13.12 crashed many legacy Dx9 games including Skyrim, so I'm staying with the 13.10beta2 driver and keep trying out their latest release. Here's what AMD tried to do to fix the Dx9 issue, but they haven't resolve the issue yet for my PC setup.

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows
Resolves intermittent crashes seen in legacy DirectX®​ 9 applications
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Hi, i just want to pass by and say thanks, i been using enb for the last 2 month and definitively change my Skyrim experience.

Thanks Boris, you are great.

skysan4298 wrote:For my PC, I never could use the latest AMD driver after their 13.10 beta. Even the latest WHQL 13.12 crashed many legacy Dx9 games including Skyrim, so I'm staying with the 13.10beta2 driver and keep trying out their latest release. Here's what AMD tried to do to fix the Dx9 issue, but they haven't resolve the issue yet for my PC setup.

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.2 Driver for Windows
Resolves intermittent crashes seen in legacy DirectX®​ 9 applications
This is possibly useful info. Thanks! I'll give it a shot as well.

Does not explain why .236 works fine, though.
I use 13.12 myself.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I should probably note that drivers are going to be acting a bit different on my card than on most of the other folks here as my card is using the newer Hawaii GPU while most others here seem to be using Pitcairn or Tahiti based boards. Give those earlier drivers a try too and see how it works.