TES Skyrim 0.245

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.245

Off-Top
Boris, is the new SSAO-SSIL portable to FallOut and Oblivion binaries, as it is right now ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Gabber wrote:@DigitalPrinceX
You were just as unable to provide any sort of useful info or help regarding my problem as pretty much anyone else except for Boris, your high and mighty, all-knowing attitude is really unwarranted.

At the very least you should have deducted that the issue was infact NOT drivers related.
I'll let that sink in for you for a second.
Nothing new i said. I keep repeating this to all who have problems - "is your system ok? are you really sure?" to which no one ever gives a f**k and concludes as dll bug since that is the last thing they changed. My attitude is a result of being tired from seeing same thing over and over again. And ill act like this to anyone who does not take care of their system properly.

Surprisingly Boris himself is less mad on this incident than i expected.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
Gabber
I think we all, long time EnB users, take care of our systems as much as we can. But fact is there is sometimes things one can't think about immediatly...
Fact is I wouldn't have think about the OS myself...
Anyway, the issue's solved, so all fine and dandy ;) And now I want the next improvements to bring my own system right down on its knees :twisted: :lol:
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Portable, but Fallout and Oblivion don't use per pixel normals, so just increasing filtering quality (which is not quality, but amount of bluriness) give better performance and much better quality, because flat triangulation artifacts also blurred.
And now I want the next improvements to bring my own system right down on its knees
Really? That's quite simple, the matter of 15 minutes and ssao will have self shadowing with 128 samples per pixel and other whistles.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

:lol:
Always ready ? Huh ??.... :D
Hell, if increase in quality is palpable, full go ! (Just make it togglleable :shock: )
Now someone kills me too :lol:

Oyama wrote:nitroviper
Also, when swapping dlls, take the habit, if not already, to ALWAYS make a fresh rendering device recognition :

Swap the ENB dll, do it as clean as possible : delete previous and uncompress the new one directly to your Skyrim main folder
Backup your game inis from MyDocuments/MyGames/Skyrim right to your desktop, delete rendererinfo.txt
Launch Skyrim via its launcher, NOT via SKSE if using it
Let the launcher recognize your rendering device again, then close it.
Put back your game inis in your folder
Launch the game as usual.

I always considered this process as required to ensure stability, and this is also adviced by Boris in installation instructions.
If you do it already, sorry for the pointless babbling.
I tried this and the same result as in my screenshot.

I tried reinstalling Somber ENB today as well and still the same effect as the screenshot.

Boris I am willing to try new .dll's but I don't think that's the problem since .245 works when I put the wrapper folder files in my game. A lot of the fx files parallax fix etc are not there in the .236.

Could someone share their enblocal and enbsieries ini's? Maybe PM me a link?

*sensei*

nitroviper
The Skyrim without any injector like ENB or SweetFX would not look that good when you disable ENB. I see the Somber ENB uses the SweetFX proxy library, so have you tried disabling the proxy library usage from ENB? This always kicks in even if you set UseEffect=false.
In enblocal.ini:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false

Boris
I found it's me under clocking the GPU and the GPU memory. I was able to run around with SSAO+supersampling when I disabled the AMD overdrive option to allow GPU to run at the BIOS level. I under clocked to quiet the GPU fan, but I found no difference at BIOS level. I've been PC gaming since Ultima2, so I'm an old fart trusting too much on the AMD driver feature.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Sorry to off topic Boris,
I wonder if it would be possible to use separated lens texture when it is raining? Or would it be possible to make the raindrops attach to the surface when you are facing the sky, like the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anoFtPUH4pE
-Your humble fan-

*master*

skysan4298
What version of Somber are you looking at? Somber ENB hasn't used SweetFX for months. It includes sharpening code ported to the effect file, but neither includes any SweetFX files or a EnableProxyLibrary=true setting in the enblocal.ini. You must be looking at a very old version of Somber.

nitroviper
I pose the same question to you. You clearly have some postprocessing going on in your ENB-off screenshots and it's not from any recent version of Somber ENB. I suspect you have files left over from another ENB in your Skyrim folder. Around the same time Somber ENB stopped using SweetFX, Tansarville started packaging all the shader files in the enbseries folder to avoid this kind of thing.

*sensei*

The Somber Antique 2 v2.11.245 uploaded on Jan 14, 2014.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37716
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE