TES Skyrim 0.246

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.246

Aiyen
While currently implementing rotations (Thanx Boris !), dynamic satellites flares and sprite distortions and other bells and whistles, I can tell you 2000 lines are nothing :lol:

Boris
Still bothering you with same shits, sorry... but that Procedural Sun, FallOut portable ?.... :?
I'd want to hit everything, once releasing presets again ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The only problem I've found with the new sun is that it shows up through clouds at 1.0 opacity as a defined disc. I really have to crank the opacity up to block it which makes clouds look like solid billboards against the sky.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*sensei*

Okay thanks Boris!

Oyama: My guess is that you still have like a BAZILLION lines with slightly different color options, or layout options etc!
I just say bring it! I will try it out, find what I like and remove all the redundancy... and in a few cases optimize the math a bit.
Funny thing is... while removing those 2000 lines from the sunsprite did not noticeably increase FPS (It is not as touchy as the enbeffect.fx file). Then it did provide some more smooth mouse movements on my end when scrolling past the sun so all good stuff!

played around more with the new sun... it is really powerful! Sadly I doubt any of the cloud textures are really up for the task atm... I have massive amounts of alpha issues which can be tracked directly back to the textures just not having been designed for this sort of use

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Confidence-Man wrote:The only problem I've found with the new sun is that it shows up through clouds at 1.0 opacity as a defined disc. I really have to crank the opacity up to block it which makes clouds look like solid billboards against the sky.
I noticed that, making a soft blur helps somewhat - open up images to full size to see the difference:

Hard edges, larger sun:

Softer edges, little smaller sun:

Cloud Opacity:
CloudsOpacitySunrise=0.95
CloudsOpacityDay=1.2
CloudsOpacitySunset=0.95
CloudsOpacityNight=1.25
CloudsOpacityInteriorDay=1.0
CloudsOpacityInteriorNight=1.0

@Aiyen - Sorry for this newb question but I know squat about textures and was wondering if you could elaborate a little on what the problem is with textures? I am not sure what to look for. When I was playing around with settings for the sun today my clouds all looked okay to me ... but I don't really have an eye for picking out sharper details so curious what form of problems you are seeing. I use dramatic clouds mod, ultra.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SerggX
Уже писал, что процедурный код быстрее. Яркость выше, потому что мод использует hdr, небо и солнце должны быть огромной интенсивности для реалистичных настроек.

Oyama
Fallout don't have anything for proper hdr setup (no gamma restoration for textures, no control of the sky, awful clouds, no direct lighting control), so textures are enough.

Confidence-Man
Opacity issue of clouds hardly fixable from my side, because if they are not opaque, even 254/255, sun behind will be visible, because it's very intense. I'm trying to find solution for this, but seems only blurring sun depending from clouds opacity may help a little, but not in general. Better wait till i do volumetric clouds without such issue.

*sensei*

@Aiyen - Sorry for this newb question but I know squat about textures and was wondering if you could elaborate a little on what the problem is with textures? I am not sure what to look for. When I was playing around with settings for the sun today my clouds all looked okay to me ... but I don't really have an eye for picking out sharper details so curious what form of problems you are seeing. I use dramatic clouds mod, ultra.
For skyrim you got two alpha values. The one set in the CK for a given cloud layer, and then the one the actual texture itself has which you can edit in photoshop, GIMP etc.
If the alpha value in the actual texture is low, then you can try to compensate by increasing the CK alpha value.. however then you get that look where it seems like the clouds are put on the sky with pins.

Also (and this is really noticeable for certain CoT clouds) if the parts of the texture that is supposed to be clear sky have a bad alpha value in the texture then any amount of CK alpha will make it look like the sun is getting dimmed while clearly being in a clear spot.
This effect will also be really noticeable when you use any amount of edge glowing... where parts of the sky that looks clear starts to glow when they should not.

Most generally the problem is that none of these textures where made with the expectation that ENB would have the features it now does, hence the authors of them have not gone to great lengths to make proper alpha layers (Which is understandable since it is not the most easy type of textures to make alphas for). However in general the vanilla clouds are a bit easier to go with, since they do not have that many diffuse parts to them like certain CoT ones do... Which is also one of the reasons many people enjoy CoT since it has that much larger variation that vanilla lacks. But like always, with increased diversity comes more work!

Hope that helped a bit. And sorry if it was too much offtopic!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Off Topic:

Thanks very much Aiyen, that does help and explains the issue enough for me to have an idea of what to look for.

In regards to the sun settings for 246 going to continue to use them for a bit so I can get a feel for how they interact with some of the mods/textures I use. However it sounds like, based on the comment from Boris, it is more meant for some future plans with clouds.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen
Nah, no redundancy this time :D New codes, only new codes.

Boris
Got it. It sux, but it's the way it is.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'll try to find solution for clouds opacity vs sun visibility, don't waste your time now to edit cloud textures.

Thanks, downloaded and testing right now.