Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

any kind of mods
  • Author

Re: Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes

ZerOxShadows wrote:
Let me know how this works. I'll add it to the extended tutorial to include Non-Steam users when I can tomorrow and give you guys the credit.
Simply, Tase has putted the sheson code (with Daetarek modifications i guess) into an independant dll, named mempatch.dll, and he uses the InjectDLLThread method to inject this dll for the non-steam execution of skse_loader, in the portion of code i pointed out. So the skse_steam_loader.dll is never loaded, which i consider more cleaner. (correct me if i am wrong, Tase)... :)

Would you be surprised if I told you that your fix actually fixed my corrupted save games? For weeks now I was not able to play Skyrim because I thought (and I still believe) that SkyRe and a day of using CoT could have resulted in that. it only lasted for an hour but it was enough to crash everytime I loaded those save games after uninstalling those mods. Now after I use your fix, save game loads, looks gorgeous, hefty amount of extra FPS, and no crashes whatsoever. I would totally turn gay and merry you or maybe just kiss you, or hug you, Thank you very much for the best thing to ever happen to Skyrim since 11-11-11. Btw, just for anybody out there, I'm also using the FEAR.exe loader in the SKSE.ini instead of the TESV.exe which also gave around 10 extra fps. Please accept this meal as a token of my gratitude.

http://i.imgur.com/ilN7T85.jpg

*sensei*

First of all, thanks for finding this out Sheson.

I piled up a, probably, universal patch for both steam and non-steam users. Test please.
Only two files - a modified skse_loader.exe and mempatch.dll based on the Tase's code.
Changes:
1) mempatch.dll moved to "\Data\SKSE\Plugins\", less stuff in the Skyrim's root folder is good
2) mempatch writes it's log into "\Data\SKSE\Plugins\mempatch.log", if you have this, then mempatch is, most definitely, working.
3) For Steam case a modified skse_steam_loader.dll will be used, logs go into "My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\skse_steam_loader.log" in this case. This one will read SKSE.ini settings too.

TEST THIS WITH VANILLA SKSE ONLY. NO OTHER SHESON PATCH VARIANTS SHOULD PRESENT.
Link: Mega

Don't forget to apply the recommended "Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini" edits:
[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
MemBlock1=512
MemBlock2=256
My mempatch.log looks like this:
Tase's Evil Non-Steam Memory Patcher... HUEHUEHUE... All credits to Sheson for this patch...
runtime root = O:\Skyrim\
config path = O:\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory
Set your first Memory Block to = 512
Set your second Memory Block to = 256
All credit goes to Sheson.

edit: file updated, a modified skse_steam_loader is included now, i could not find a way to make mempatch work with steam.
Last edited by Uriel24 on 21 Jan 2014, 21:55, edited 8 times in total.

Question:

When looking at VMAP what lines am I looking at specifically.

Uriel24 wrote:First of all, thanks for finding this out Sheson.

I piled up a, probably, universal patch for both steam and non-steam users. Test please.
Only two files - a modified skse_loader.exe and mempatch.dll based on the Tase's code.
Changes:
1) mempatch.dll moved to "\Data\SKSE\Plugins\", less stuff in the Skyrim's root folder is good
2) mempatch writes it's log into "\Data\SKSE\Plugins\mempatch.log", if you have this, then mempatch is, most definitely, working.
3) For steam, i just put mempatch.dll injection right after skse_steam_loader.dll injection in the skse_loader.exe. No idea if it's sane or not, i'm a complete noob at this.

TEST THIS WITH VANILLA SKSE ONLY. NO OTHER SHESON PATCH VARIANTS SHOULD PRESENT.

I have tried this and it solved all the problems I was having with other versions.

It loads without Steam. No more ILS on saves that were consistently not loading. I just toggled TCL off and did a speedmult 500 and 1000 test around and around the map. Not a crash. (Interesting side note: Saw Alduin flying about VERY high up where I was and then he just froze in mid air. I think I caught him just after he released another dragon. Perhaps that is where he is "stored"?) Anyway, smooth travel, no crashes. I am convinced so far.

Also, I could not get the other versions to load through Mod Organizer. This loads no problem. This is the best version so far.

Thanks so much.

Changes:
3) For steam, i just put mempatch.dll injection right after skse_steam_loader.dll injection in the skse_loader.exe. No idea if it's sane or not, i'm a complete noob at this.

Two humble questions:

1) Is there anyway we can play with the memoryblock sizes with this version?
2) Should there be the Sheson baby reference line in the skse_steam_loader.log if the patch works and is activated? Or is the mempatch.log file all the "prove" there is that the patch is active and working?

Other then that it sounds good and will give it a shot later today.
Thanks for your time and effort!

*sensei*

I have added moar info to the download post.

Changes:

Don't forget to apply the recommended "Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini" edits:
[NotPlacebo]
GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
MemBlock1=512
MemBlock2=256
I'm non-steam user, use your files with vanilla skse, they woks fine so far. I got this in first line of mempatch.log:

"Tase's Evil Non-Steam Memory Patcher... HUEHUEHUE... All credits to Sheson for this patch..."

Thanks for you and Tase ! Of course, All credit goes to Sheson. :)
Last edited by nautiluse on 21 Jan 2014, 18:18, edited 3 times in total.

Tuoni wrote:

Changes:

Two humble questions:

1) Is there anyway we can play with the memoryblock sizes with this version?
2) Should there be the Sheson baby reference line in the skse_steam_loader.log if the patch works and is activated? Or is the mempatch.log file all the "prove" there is that the patch is active and working?

Other then that it sounds good and will give it a shot later today.
Thanks for your time and effort!
1) It woks fine for me so far.
2) No more skse_steam_loader.log since it has no modification to skse_steam_loader.dll, instead of "mempatch.dll" as a SKSE plugin.

bennhat wrote:i get an error when building the steam_loader in visual studio.
i am german so sorry:
3> Code wird generiert...
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\steam_loader.dll) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (C:\skse\src\skse\Debug\skse_steam_loader.dll) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(steam_loader) entspricht nicht dem OutputFile-Eigenschaftswert (skse_steam_loader) von Linker. Das Projekt wird daher möglicherweise nicht ordnungsgemäß erstellt. Damit dieses Problem behoben werden kann, müssen die Eigenschaftswerte für $(OutDir), $(TargetName) und $(TargetExt) dem in %(Link.OutputFile) angegebenen Wert entsprechen.
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: Fehler bei der Konvertierung in COFF: Datei ist ungültig oder beschädigt.
========== Erstellen: 2 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========

what am i doing wrong?
is'nt this file the same for everyone? can someone just upload it anywhere?
thank you
Sorry, I don't know german and english not well, but I think you can try this:

1) Open the steam_loader Property Pages and edit "Configuration Properties→Linker→General→Output File: $(OutDir)$(TargetName)$(TargetExt)"
2) If the "fatal error LNK1123" alway there, I think you should update vs2010 to sp1 first.