TES Skyrim 0.246

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.246

Не, это ошибка, буду искать.

Hey Boris,

Enb is getting more than amazing with all th new effects you added. I just have a question regarding the volumatic rays. So here goes.

During the night the night sky seems to have it's brightness bumped up a little when the volumetric rays are on. Tweaking the parameters has no effect on this. Only turning the effect off makes it go back to normal

Now I can adjust that back to normal by tweaking the night sky in the cs. I just want to know if you are aware of the fact that the volumetric rays does that. If you're not is it going to be fixed/adjusted??

Cause i want to know before i go through all the weathers of climates of tamriel and adjust them.

*sensei*

tulib, just change gradient intensity and top/middle/lower curves for night instead of going over 506 weathers in CK. And if only clear weathers are bothering you, simply use weather system to adjust only clear type weathers. PM me if you want a full list of all clear weathers in CoT, or all weathers in CoT if you so please :p

Thanks very kind of you :D , but i actually do have to go over all the weathers in cot, I'm using my own modification of the COT weathers and there are some things i need to readjust here and there.
But i just thought that i could tweak the night sky in imagespace by tweaking sky scale so I'm good.
Just want to know if Borris is going to do some tweaks on Volumetric rays.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i don't think the volumetic rays should have any infuence over the night sky

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If volumetric rays intensity set to 0, effect can't be visible, i don't understand the problem.

Love the new sun effect :lol: 8-) :shock:
After the sun, here must come the rain :?:
Anyway, thanks you Boris :)
-Your humble fan-

*sensei*

A small question/request for ya Boris!

Loving the new sun so thanks for that!

However I would like to ask if it is possible to get a parameter to control the range from the sun it produces the edge glow on clouds?
Atm there is intensity and clamp. I know that increasing the intensity will make it visible longer away, however what I would like to go for is to have a high intensity close to the sun and then a sharp drop-off so that the lower intensity is not visible all over the sky.

The main reason for this is that at low intensity then the effect looks kinda meh... but at higher levels then it looks really epic near the sun.

Thanks for any reply in advance!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen
I will do this probably, previously wasn't simple because of sun texture, which don't have simple information for ranges.

Boris here's a problem to fix for you that i've reported before.

I'll try to describe it as best i can cause right now I'm just begging you to fix this.
So you know when setting up the weathers in CK you've got certain "Fog far" and "Fog near" distances to set.

Now the bug I'm trying to describe makes itself visible when you set the "Fog far" value close to the player - I do that for very foggy weathers. SO for instance i set the values like this:

fog near = 0 (distance)
fog far = 3400 (distance

after that it's just a matter of adjusting the fog far color to exactly match the sky color and you've got a perfect foggy weather.

Now if i enable ambient occlusion or reflection in enb the distant fog becomes unnaturally brightened(or if you will the objects obscured by the fog). It's like this: the fog looks 100% ok at the 3400 distance value but beyond that threshold it becomes brighter and brighter for some reason.
Furthermore when you turn the camera left or right you can see the fog returning to it's normal brightness at the edges of the screen while staying bright in the middle.

So my guess is that the distant fog laying beyond the set threshold reflects the sky in a slight way or something.
You would never notice that for normal weathers with normal fog far distance values,
so please I'm begging you check it out and fix it please.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tulib202
This isn't simple to fix. I'm using only fog far distance color and it's factors to restore unfogged color before applying ssao/reflections/ibl. Complete math of the fog with near and far both cannot be reverted back, that's why i ignore everything, except far fog properties. The only solution i know is by trials and errors build table of values and get data from it, it's not the kind of work which i want to do, game fog is useless prehistoric crap anyway and must be replaced.