TES Skyrim 0.246

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.246

Oh that's sad to hear, but does that mean you're planning to replace it with some fancy enb fog?

tulib202 wrote:Oh that's sad to hear, but does that mean you're planning to replace it with some fancy enb fog?
I have some firstborns to spare for motivation to make that a reality one day ;)

*sensei*

game fog is useless prehistoric crap anyway and must be replaced.
exactly.

tulib202
But, if you're confident with Ck/Tes5edit, got to my mod page on Nexus and use the fog effect I have for your foggy weathers (just have to port & setup to vanilla weather). It's particle based and you can mix/match nicely with game fog without causing weird stuff. Costs some FPS though (~10%-ish). But it moves around you and you can walk through it, also reacts to light sources, so you get nice ambient. Sorta looks like this when you up some effects, but pictures do not show movement.

Oh so you're the author of the cot weather patch, hey :D ,
to be honest i'm already using your fog effect for my weathers ;) Was a bit shocked that it took me 10 fps though, is there any room for optimisation??

*master*

tulib202 wrote:Oh so you're the author of the cot weather patch, hey :D ,
to be honest i'm already using your fog effect for my weathers ;) Was a bit shocked that it took me 10 fps though, is there any room for optimisation??
Not 10 fps, 10%. Unless you actually have 100 fps. ;)
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*sensei*

Okay this might be a bug, it might not be, but seems like one.

Using the new sun along with sun rays then during the very first parts of dawn and dusk, then the rays will flicker really heavily.
I have seen in on quite a few different weathers, and the effect is the same on all, so should be easy enough to spot.

Anyone else have this or is it just some wonky settings on my end ? So far only thing that alters it is reducing the rays to 0, which is kinda counter productive.

*sensei*

sheson wrote:
tulib202 wrote:Oh that's sad to hear, but does that mean you're planning to replace it with some fancy enb fog?
I have some firstborns to spare for motivation to make that a reality one day ;)
No borns here to offer, but I might have a few liters of bio memetic gel to throw in if you might consider collision rain at some point too. *wink*

@Aiyen
I have these heavily flickering sunrays, too, all the time when I look at the sun, no matter the time of day, and no matter if I use [PROCEDURALSUN] or not. It's been like that for quite a while (or maybe since I started using ENB with Skyrim, can't remember). Also the rays start in the center of the sun and are really strong. Looks quite ugly :(

But it depends on the textures I'm using. With prod80's sun.dds and sunglare.dds I don't have that effect, it's a much weaker sun than say the one from Skyrim Sunglare V4, and with the same enbsunsprite I get a strong lens flare effect with the latter, but a nearly invisible one with prod80's sun.

@sheson
You fixed Skyrim, you impersonated awesomeness. Feed on all the firstborns we gave you and nourish our community, don't give them away! ;)
All hail to Sheson.

*sensei*

tulib202 wrote:Oh so you're the author of the cot weather patch, hey :D ,
Hello. Download latest version and use meshes of it, they have been optimized (reduced particle count to ~1000 from ~1500). Should gain you some performance.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen
Kirsten
I want video of that bug and enbseries.ini with description which parameters / effects affect this. ANd sun texture doesn't matter if procedural sun is enabled.