TES Skyrim 0.250

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.250

Version updated, download again
Some improvements to anchors editor, added visualization of their interpolation as grid in 3d space and anchors can be selected by mouse.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Does anybody interested in editing of mist anchors or i'm doing this for nothing?

*sensei*

@Boris
I'm doing mist archor editing, but lack of time (my kids are sick) meant I couldn't leave feedback. So far, your update fixed the inverted archors (noticed the problem before, but you know, kids and all that).

Anything you'd like to know from me in particular regarding mist?

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't need to know anything, except if anchors for mist are useful or not, because i've planned a lot of other similar editors for various things and if these changes unimportant, i'd rather go watch anime.

*sensei*

I really like the IDEA of anchors as I understand it. I think it is something though that people will just need to ease into over time, and set up as they are playing and notice things are a little off.

One could attempt a systematic mapping by coordinates and the CoW command... At least that would allow you to get an idea what the terrain is like and where the effect is actually needed. Maybe it turns out there are really only 50 or so places where it is really necessary.

Also, I think maybe the mention of 500-1000 points might have thrown some people. But you know as soon as someone creates a grid covering the most problematic areas, other modders will be quick to adopt it. ;)

*master*

Nice update Boris! I missed it since I usually only view the end of the thread. Anchors don't warrant a version up? :P Sounds like a huge step forward in functionality.

It would be nice to have the ability to use generic anchors as interpolators for effects in enbeffect.fx and the other shaders :roll:

Going to try it out now. Thanks for the update!

Separate question, hope you don't mind. I was wondering if you could pass more information along in general to the downstream pipeline (enbeffect.fx ... effect.txt)? For example, it would be awesome to have access to normals, depth, lighting separation, the enbseries settings, world postion via helper dll, (basically everything you've got, lol). I assume it's possible to write these values to textures like you do for bloom, adaptation, palette, etc. Is it a memory limitation or something you might consider doing in the future? Thanks again!

I am adjusting mist anchors. I like them so far. But like others have said it is a feature that most will take time to use and have to adjust over time as you need to covert lots of the map to do it effectively. Not a waste of time at all.

Boris, just amazing, really...

I may have upped the settings to show off such a stark contrast, but, I can't believe how you can't even SEE the Throat of the World (the biggest mountain) without the fog. There is literally no depth before.

Have been messing with the anchors, but will take a while. You're an evil genius, giving us so much to tweak. :D

About anchors... Now that the groundwork is there, I was always bothered with certain areas which are close to mountains or other shadow-casting terrain. For instance Ivarstead, when I go there, the entire village is in the shadow of the mountain, and combined with Skylighting and shadows, it makes it almost pitch black, even in day time.

Worse still since the land shadows only work once certain terrain meshes have loaded, it pops into place, and suddenly the entire town becomes dark. It makes it so that realistically I can't use Skylighting while playing the game.

So, I was curious if this anchor system could be used to influence either Skylighting influence in an area, or ambient light values, etc. in an area?

Previously discussed here: http://www.enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/v ... 570#p20302 and http://www.enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/v ... 570#p20309

More recent pictures (v0.250): http://imgur.com/a/Zr2Mm

*sensei*

Need more time to work with anchors.
But it is not useless.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*sensei*

Havent looked into the anchors yet, lack of time to setup preset... doing only coding.

Anchors, weather dependant? No, right, only worldspace... is it a file that can be shared and/or is something that will probably be the same on each system? If that's the case I am sure someone will setup a good file and everyone else will use that.

@number6
Yea, would be cool :) but there are some nice things possible with bloom texture... just finished on writing contrast blooming, which will either increase contrast or bloom based on pixel brightness. And one can have a whole lot of fun with ENB adaptation, using it for other things besides brightening/darkening the screen. And then there's Timer and IN.txcoord0 :)