TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim

hehehe wisplicker is one lazy tiger. I never imagened he'd turn out so popular. heheh

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal Warfare wrote:
Confidence-Man wrote:Why use FXAA on top of ENB?
Extra depth on shadows, FXAA anti aliasing, sharpening (I think it's one of the better sharpening tools for Skyrim personally, I prefer it to using the effect file), among a few other useful settings you can tweak for instant results without having to resort to the trial and error of a custom pallette, all rolled into one package and configurable with ease.

Why not?

The differences are little, subtle even, but they are there. I am yet to find a way to increase depth of shadows without resorting to SSAO, which kills my performance.
You mean gamma? Color Power does pretty much that. You lose so much detail with FXAA, unless there are newer versions of it that I haven't seen. Better to use SMAA for antialiasing.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*master*

I don't actually use the AA from the FXAA injector. The FXAA injector, to me, is more of a secondary post-process injector which is great for fine-tuning. I add it to every ENB config I play with and always disable the AA.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just seems unnecessarily complicated I guess, having to keep track of and balance values for 2 postprocess methods when you can achieve the same results with one, at least as far as colors etc...
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

I have to say that I really enjoy trying some mods, but taking into account that I run 8GB of Texture Packs / Mods and such, my framerate drop is quite hefty when it comes to ENB.

I can run Skyrim with 40-90 FPS / avg, depending on locations and enemies, but inserting an ENB totally rips my framerate. If we could only have that without the impact... Problem here is: The effects that make an ENB look so stellar really leech on your GPU.

So, i'll save for a second card...

Alas, far327: I go for RC4 FXAA + DW - No ENB.

Cheers,

~ Klotzi

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Still tweeking...

My Skyrim ENB
My Gaming youtube Channel
My Animation youtube Channel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Confidence-Man wrote:You mean gamma? Color Power does pretty much that.
I've tried using various methods to achieve similar results but, while close, they're never quite the same.

So no, I guess not. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but until I figure that out then I'll stick with FXAA for now. :)
You lose so much detail with FXAA, unless there are newer versions of it that I haven't seen. Better to use SMAA for antialiasing.
I can't say I really have a problem with losing detail (I use in game FXAA). Game looks just fine to me. :/
Just seems unnecessarily complicated I guess, having to keep track of and balance values for 2 postprocess methods when you can achieve the same results with one, at least as far as colors etc...
The idea isn't to track and balance values for both. You should do the main bulk of the work with ENB then use FXAA for fine tuning final touches.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

I miss Shodan, lol.

My approach with color / saturation is to estimate the max saturation I can put into a scene without it being excessive. Then I add 10% to that. Then I multiply it by two.

No indirect lighting. No bloom. No adaptation. No palette. No AO. No realistic lighting. No fxaa. No smaa. No effects. No dungeon patches. No fog replacement. You get the idea...

No meaningful drop in framerate.

Just pure, streamlined ENB goodness, with an accent on sharp, bright and colorful.

Daybreak in Falkreath...

Sunny day outside East India Trading Company...

A rainy day in Riverwood...

Castle Dour, minus the excess contrast present in vanilla...

Shadowgreen Cavern...

Excuse me, but WTF are you doing?!?...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I like using FXAA and Dragon Warrior Effects to compliment ENB mostly. I also try really hard to mimic ENB as best as I can using only FXAA, Dragon Warrior Effects and lighting mods. The results are actually pretty great IMO, although I feel I'm only beginning to figure out what can actually be done with FXAA and DWE. I only use Nvidia SGSS (supersampling) I would never use "cheap" form or anti-ailiasing. FXAA sharpness options are stellar! With an Nvidia GPU, Ambient Occlusion does a sufficient job. I don't think its as deep or intense as ENB SSAO. I like ENB SSAO better, but when we're talking about immersion and play-ability, higher FPS always win! I commend the performance level Boris has managed to achieve with his ENB coding. Lets face it, we all know that Gamebyro engine and the coding work of Bethesda have a poor reputation for not efficiently utilizing PC component resources adequately.

Here is my config guys sorry it took so long - http://www.mediafire.com/?q58os32pn22p8nn

PM me with questions