Skyrim Patch 1.5.26 Official Release Grass Problem

fixing bugs
  • Author

Skyrim Patch 1.5.26 Official Release Grass Problem

Boris i discover the new update from bethesta the new bethesta patch is cost the problem from grass.But is causing problem only for pirate version of skyrim.
Can you pls send me skyrim.ini and SkyrimPref.ini.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim Patch 1.5.26 Official Release Grass Problem

Updated yesterday in evening (not tested yet), but don't understand how is it "cost". Problem fixed?
Can't help with files now, not at home.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Are you talking about the weird sripes on grass? I haven't noticed the problem myself, but I'm pretty sure the bug is caused by certain display adapter or game settings. For the record, I'm using Nvidia.

Boris great news :)
Stakado is fixing the grass problem whit his final version of True HDR can you make stand alone fix pls :)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12180
Becouse i dont like his version of skyrim not so real and i want another version.Im creating a project vor users in my country of skyrim whit mods but needed to be fixed the grass hope you think somthing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version 0.108 is different, i'll not do update of it. Anyway, as the patch is released, i can check difference and fix bugs for it. Hope bugthesda will not do another one in nearest days or i'll get mad.

ENBSeries wrote:Version 0.108 is different, i'll not do update of it. Anyway, as the patch is released, i can check difference and fix bugs for it. Hope bugthesda will not do another one in nearest days or i'll get mad.
sigh, and I hoped u could update 108 with blooming spot fix. Oh well...
Vinsen wrote:Boris great news :)
Stakado is fixing the grass problem whit his final version of True HDR can you make stand alone fix pls :)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12180
Becouse i dont like his version of skyrim not so real and i want another version.Im creating a project vor users in my country of skyrim whit mods but needed to be fixed the grass hope you think somthing.
Try 108's d3d9.dll with CLENB HD6 config, 99% satisfaction from me.

I'm rolling back to 1.4.

I suspect Bugthesda and AMD conspired to deliberately sabotage enb. :evil:

I notice in passing that the vertical screen bands I see do not happen in clear weather, only cloudy (didnt try foggy or rainy weather patterns). Presumeably the glitch is tied up with fog, just like all the other major engine limitations, lol.

I of course tried all the ccc settings combos, and various ini adjustments, most of which are undocumented and probably only relevant to oblivion versus skyrim, including b30GrassVS, bGrassPointLighting, bDrawShaderGrass, fGrassDimmer. Dont wanna move from 0.102 to a later version, and I dont think boris should have to update just because bugthesda is unable to release a working patch.

EDITING to add some screens. Removing the 1.5 patch solves all problems.

Characteristics of the shadow issue I've observed:
1. defects do not appear at all when not looking at (or adjacent to) a patch of grass.
2. defects include screen banding of various patterns, overly dark grass shadows, and grass shadow on/off popping as view pans.
3. defects dont appear to show up in clear weather, within a larger shadow field, or if grass density is low.

various defect band patterns...(NOTE: only the first screen links to a larger image)

overly dark grass texture shadows and shadow texture "pop in" as the camera pans from right to left / first to second screen

Issue disappears when uninstalling the 1.5 patch...

Goddamit Bugthesda...now I have to re-balance my gradient. You made me kill an innocent old woman. Fuck you!!!

Last edited by Herbie211 on 03 Apr 2012, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oh well, it seems like now I have the same problem as well. It is possible that I simply didn't notice the problem earlier because I don't actually play the game anymore, or perhaps I changed something in my config that brought the problem along, although it's hard to think of anything that could have such an effect.

mindflux wrote:Oh well, it seems like now I have the same problem as well. It is possible that I simply didn't notice the problem earlier because I don't actually play the game anymore, or perhaps I changed something in my config that brought the problem along, although it's hard to think of anything that could have such an effect.
i didnt notice it at first either. i tried everything i could think of before reverting back to 1.4. couldnt fix it any other way.

I suspect that this graphical glitches happens because of the new underwater effect and have nothing to do with the grass itself. If you look closer to this glitches, you will notice different semi-transparent "water splashes" & "water drops" patterns there, along with simple vertical lines. Also, at least on my PC, this glitches always happens then I am near any kind of water. Besides, if you remove any traces of ENB from the game dir, you also will get rid of this artifacts too.
As for "dark grass" bug - Bethesda added grass shadowing feature in 1.5.24 patch and my guess that it is not work very well with ENB too.