TES Skyrim 0.254

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.254

Frank wrote:Motion blur is one of the less performance hungry effects, if done well. In many games when I enable it I get zero performance hit. (Planetside 2, Crysis 2, Warface, etc).

As for the first part of your post. I didn't quite understand what you mean, but I think you said that motion blur is already there, created by your eyes when you look at something "moving" fast on your screen. Truth is that the screen is basically pixels quickly changing colors, there is nothing actually moving, so there is obviously no motion blur in games, except if added by the developer. By creating motion blur in games, the illusion of 3D objects moving instead of pixels changing colors gets enhanced even more. And this can help at low framerates, when the illusion of moving objects given by frames is less visible. I hope you understand what I mean, my english isn't the best.
Crysis? Oh man. ENB'ed Skyrim turns my graphics on, not Crysis. Also, a cheap motion blur is not performance hungry, not the proper one i beleive.
For the other part: what's the difference between pixels moving on the screen, and object moving? Your eyes perceive light, it's all about light. In both cases you see the light, not pixels/real objects. If pixels move fast on your screen, you will see the same motion blur as from the real objects. And, probably, even more of it, because our displays suck.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Motion Blur was talked about as an option some months back and the idea was dropped due to a number of complications and engine limitations. Basically, it's already been discussed and it's not going to happen. Skyrim can't handle it.

Off Topic:
Second that motion blur! If it will be possible......
(PS: Please, would it be possible to implement wet reflection effect upon the lens...? I happened to see this effect in a GTA IV enb preset, called L3evo.
And it use a list looks kinda similar to mist anchors in Skyrim...; so I think that would be awesome if Boris can kind enough to add this effect to Skyrim...(whimpering)
-A wondering and humble fan-

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't make per object motion blur, this require data of each object movement from previous frame, game don't have it and mistakes in computation of this on the fly are very high. Motion blur of camera only also failed, because to compute difference between frames and velicity vector of blurring i need proper moment of time, exactly when game updates objects or some similar point. But renderer is done in separate thread, so blurring vector change it length by various reasons. Same issue is very noticable with old gta san andreas mods.

Reflection on lenses can be done without me.

Was trying a new enb when I got this problem. I've seen it before, but can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. Would someone please jog my memory?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not sure if this is the actual answer, but do you have have EnableShadowNoise=True under [WATER]?

Boris

This has probably been suggested tons of times, but i would still love to see it :)
Lights to affect grass and some other objects, since it's very unnatural without it.

Anyways. Keep up the good work. Enb does so much to Skyrim. Without it, it wouldn't have been the same :)
Cheers.

hey guys I'm leaving, no really I'm leaving. :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

bf3rocks wrote:hey guys I'm leaving, no really I'm leaving. :lol:
Off-topic:
Oh really? Well let's break out the champagne! bf3rocks is out of here! Bon voyage!

Sorry guys, back to the topic at hand :)

wrien
If I remember correctly from awhile back, that's an engine limitation. Boris and others have tried to find a solution to it, but there doesn't seem to be one. :-\ I'm sure Boris could shed a lot more "light" (forgive the pun) on this situation than I.

*sensei*

Don't think point light on grass can be done, missing flag... adding flag will crash the game. If would be possible would already been done. Many have tried.

@Dazaster; some quality setting on filter too low... try SSAO, SkyLighting and Water. Also forgot which one, have most filters on High quality, too lazy to go check... change filter, save changes, click apply to figure out which one.

/crawls back in his cave