TES Skyrim 0.254

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.254

Hello.
I have water problem. In Foggy day and Rainy day, River edge looks super bright.
Can I fix this problem? I use vanilla water.
Here is my setthings

[WATER]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnablePreCache=true
EnableDispersion=false
EnableCaustics=true
EnableParallax=true
EnableShadow=true
EnableVolumetricShadow=true
EnableLighting=true
EnableSelfReflection=true
EnableDisplacement=true
DisplacementQuality=0
DisplacementFilterQuality=0
ShadowQuality=0
EnableShadowNoise=true
ReflectionAmount=0.15
FrennelMultiplier=1.0
FrennelMin=0.15
FrennelMax=1.0
DispersionAmount=0.0
CausticsAmount=0.0
SunSpecularMultiplier=1.8
SunScatteringMultiplier=1.0
SunLightingMultiplier=0.0
WetMultiplier=1.0
WavesAmplitudeSunrise=0.6
WavesAmplitudeDay=0.6
WavesAmplitudeSunset=0.6
WavesAmplitudeNight=0.6
WavesAmplitudeInteriorDay=1.0
WavesAmplitudeInteriorNight=1.0
Muddiness=0.0

Maybe this has been asked before, but one effect that I would really light to see in Skyrim is that light passing through a semi-transparent object will pick up some of it's colour, e.g. a yellow window will cast yellow highlights into the room. I think that could make very pretty effects, especially around stained glass windows. The thing I love most about those is how they light up a room with their colours, like in this picture on the floor:

I have no idea whether this is at all possible or how much work it would be, so I'm sorry if I'm asking way too much. Just thought asking can't hurt. :D Anyways, you already did fantastic work with ENB, I can't imagine playing Skyrim without it anymore. You have taken this game beyond beautiful.

*sensei*

As I recall then you can alter the color of the sunbeam effect already in the game... which is used for light through windows. Will require a new .esp that alters the cells in question but that is about it.

You can change the colour of the beam, but I'm more interested in the light cast on the floor. I can give the light one colour in the .esp, but it would take more shadow-casting lights than Skyrim can handle to paint that pattern on the floor. I can put it into the texture directly, but then it wouldn't change brightness with day-night rythm (plus wouldn't change the angle with the sun, in case of an exterior location).

*sensei*

I don't know if this is a known issue, but the ShadowBlurRangeInterior value is not blurring even at the maximum value of 8. I tried multiple interior cells, but 0.10 to 8 did nothing to the shadow jaggies. The ShadowBlurRange for all external cells worked and blurred out the jaggies.

BTW, I found the SSME mod's DLL file did not have the LAA flag on, and my PC kept swapping out to the virtual memory even when my RAM had over 5GB free. ENB had the LAA flag enabled on enbhost.exe and d3d9.dll files, so my cell to cell transition stutter was caused by something I installed. I set the LAA flag enabled on SSME, and no more stutter.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Skysan, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/arc ... 65933.aspx

What you experienced with setting the LAA flag on a DLL is pure placebo.

*sensei*

dehydrated wrote:Skysan, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/arc ... 65933.aspx

What you experienced with setting the LAA flag on a DLL is pure placebo.
I've done more testing with my w8.1's virtual memory at 400MB to stop swapping, and Skyrim CTD with OutOfMemory error. I guess the 32bit 4GB memory space reserve must be shared with the other 32bit apps. Found SSME post from this enbdev site, so I'll post this discussion there.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

Soooo... can someone tell me if what I'm asking for is technically possible? I know it would be pretty simple with a raytracer (hell, I'd know how to code it myself), but I'm aware that Skyrim's engine is something entirely different (and sadly very limited at times). I'm just curious whether it can be done.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Saeri
At this point, no. Raytracing in a realtime rendering environment is extremly costly at best, prohibitive at worst. The Skyrim engine can't do it, however, and such rendering techniques are not available via ENB.

Not sure if you misunderstood, but I'm not asking for a raytracer, I wanted to know if making light pick up the colour of things it passes through is in any way possible. I know raytracers are currentlly too performance hungry to use for games (though that is a matter of debate actually, mostly they're slow because no one builds hardware that makes them fast. But that is a topic for another thread I'd say). Anyways, I just brought up raytracers because it would be fairly simple there, and I understand how light works with a raytracer. I don't really know how it would be done with a traditional engine.

The engine must somehow calculate where light hits another object to do shadows, and it must have some information about the obstructing object to know if it's transparent or not (transparent pixels do not cast shadows). ENB must have access to the light / shadow calculation somehow to do the shadow caster fix (which makes meshes cast shadows even if a triangle faces away from the light source). The question is, does it have enough information to do what I have in mind?