Enhanced Lighting for ENB, updated 25 November-14

general download section

Which part of ELE will you be using? To see which I should spend more time on.

You may select up to 5 options

View results
  • Author

Re: Enhanced Lightning for ENB, updated 12/05

I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to be ignored but is this compatible with say...this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50065/

shingouki wrote:I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to be ignored but is this compatible with say...this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50065/
It works with that ENB preset, although the interiors will be "different" then if you didn't use it. But nothing looks "bad". Just "different". It doesn't break anything or cause bugs, so try it out and see if you like it or not.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry guys for the delayed update but I've been focusing on my education and projects I have there.

One of those projects I'm currently working on, if anyone is interested in NC-coding, can be viewed here.
Radial tool for manual/conventional lathe machines, for future and current students of the same educational program as I attend.
Yes I develop and create tools free of charge for the educational program as they are sorely lacking in the tools department :roll: , not the first tool I create nor will it be the last.

So that is why it will take some more time to finish the ELE updates.

Strigvir;
As long as the edits don't adjust lights or cell edits it should be fine.
But I would appreciate links to those mods so I can have a look at them myself so I can add a proper suggestion in my load order and compatability list on the front/first page of this thread.

Madpaddy;
No, they will be uploaded along with the next ELE update.

shingouki;

As mashani mentions it will work with it as long as you don't use the ELE - Weather modules along with it, the other modules will not cause any bugs only change the visuals.
If they will change it for the better or the worse well that's for you to decide what looks better and what doesn't.

I am using ELE Interiors in combination with ELFX + ELFX Exterior (no Enhancer) + Serenity ENB (vanilla weather, no additional weather mod).

As I just visited this site again I asked myself if the ELE - Spell and Torch Lighting
would be compatible with the above combination.

I am still trying to find a balance for those point lighting sources. I tried mods like Real Effect candles (loose files, no .esp) etc. but they seem to up the intensity too much, while without them glow radii and brightness/insensity seem to be too small/low. Just changing point lighting in the enbseries.ini ups the intensity but not the glow radii, which looks strange at a certain point. In addition I would not mind a warmer color (orange etc.) for those point lighting sources.

My fear is that it might conflict with the ELFX Exterior .esp, which adds new light sources and ups the visibility range for light sources (the watchfires on the Whiterun walls for example).

EDIT: Forget my above question, I decided to go a totally different way. I will get rid of ELFX completely (the lighting from this mod is nice, but the dozens of mesh conflicts and overrides with other mods and the need of compatibility patches annoy me) and try Relighting Skyrim and a full ELE suit (maybe with the exception of ELE weathers) with Serenity ENB.

EDIT2: Wasn't my taste I have to admit. ELFX bright and dark changes are just too immersive to dig them. In addition the FX parts of ELFX is of unknown quality, there are much more light beams and more remarkable lightbeams. Back to ELE Interiors only + ELFX (without Enhancer)

EDIT3: Just received the message that I installed an outdated version of ELE (with files missing), will try again...actually I found that info in the description rather confusing:
Weekend releases (These are test versions!)
v42, v44, v49

* v42 as an example stands for "vecka 42". Vecka is the Swedish word for week, it's not an abbreviation of the word version!
For some people it might be self-explanatory that a "test setup" is a real version update (even if only an alpha), but not for me honestly...
Last edited by Sigurd44 on 28 May 2014, 18:08, edited 7 times in total.
16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 G.Skill
Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
Asus PB278Q 27'' 2560x1440

--JawZ--
Fyr Manor
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50115
Live Another Life
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557
Cloaks of Skyrim
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12092
The thing is these mods don't edit lights, but a merely placed in the cell item reverts all changes to this cell.

@Strigvir, just put ELE after those mods. It doesn't break them. They break it.

--JawZ-- wrote:Sorry guys for the delayed update but I've been focusing on my education and projects I have there.

One of those projects I'm currently working on, if anyone is interested in NC-coding, can be viewed here.
Radial tool for manual/conventional lathe machines, for future and current students of the same educational program as I attend.
Yes I develop and create tools free of charge for the educational program as they are sorely lacking in the tools department :roll: , not the first tool I create nor will it be the last.

So that is why it will take some more time to finish the ELE updates.

Strigvir;
As long as the edits don't adjust lights or cell edits it should be fine.
But I would appreciate links to those mods so I can have a look at them myself so I can add a proper suggestion in my load order and compatability list on the front/first page of this thread.

Madpaddy;
No, they will be uploaded along with the next ELE update.

shingouki;

As mashani mentions it will work with it as long as you don't use the ELE - Weather modules along with it, the other modules will not cause any bugs only change the visuals.
If they will change it for the better or the worse well that's for you to decide what looks better and what doesn't.

Dont suppose you could upload just the sky mesh ;) pleaseeeee lol.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Madpaddy;

I want to make sure I have both versions and that I do not upload two of the same mesh as I lost the first mesh with the lower horizon. So I might need to redo that and then I will have a third option for that mesh created as well.
If the rest of the planned ELE updates aren't ready for release during this weekend I will upload the meshes separetely and put a download link on the front page of this thread.

There are minor conflicts with Atlas Map Markers (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14976), however, those records are needed for it to work properly.
Also, I get severe fps drop in Arkngthamz.

The only records I see in Atlas are Blackreach and Labyrinthian. You can patch that yourself in Tes5Edit by copying the ELE record into an override patch (S.T.E.P guides should exist for this), and then dragging the atlas MNAM - Map Data record to the patch for Blackreach, and by copying the Atlas record in for Labyrinthian and dragging the LTMP - Interior Lighting record over from ELE. This takes just a few minutes, most of which is TES5Edit loading up the stuff.

Or just put Atlas after ELE, and you will just lose ELE lighting changes for those 2 locations, but not break anything in Atlas.

If you sorted with LOOT it would do that automatically because of how it works. By design it's going to almost always put mods with small but critical changes to something later in the load order, overriding mods that make more "blanket" changes.