Skyrim particle patch for ENB

general download section
  • Author

Re: Skyrim particle patch for ENB

It blinks like crazy around whole screen, but so fast I cant capture it. To fix it for now I just deleted cart meshes which helped.

I also get this visual glitch when look at items with water on background:
http://images.pub.goha.ru/files2/mindw0 ... /water.jpg

Maybe you know how to fix this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It sounds like the cart meshes are buggy, hard to say without taking a look but probably shader parameters are incorrect.

About the water, again hard to say but it does look like a driver issue or incorrect game parameters especially if it happens with all equipment.

*master*

So I'm hoping someone can help, because this is driving me nuts. I found that the flame atronach body responds to the particle shader, while the armor responds to lightsprite. I'm trying to get the the body, at least, to respond to the fire shader, but am having zero luck. I looked at the firetrail mesh, which does respond to the fire shader, but cannot get the body the also respond to fire even after copying over the settings. So obviously, I'm missing something here. Can someone point me in the right direction to "fix" the atronach?

The cart mesh causing flashing lights is a known issue with SMIM. Some users have reported the same with the new smelter mesh, as well.

I don't know if is already discussed, but I have some troubles with giving external emittance to dust beams. I've assigned a fxlightregionsunlight external emittance to make the dust beams to glow depending on day time. This fix seems to remove the emittance shader to the dust beams.

I've downloaded your all in one patch on may 6th, 2014.
Maybe it is updated (and fixed) now?

Thank you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mindflux removed that shader flag because it produced some weird visual results in some cases when adjusting the ENBSeries settings. It was a combination of settings that could cause the FX effects to look off. As far as I remember, Mindflux will have to confirm this as I might be wrong.

Anyway it's just a simple matter of adding back the SLFS1_External_Emittance shader flag under Shader Flags 1 found in the BSProperties in the Static NiTriShape part of a mesh. Having that back enables the color change based on time of the day or event.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Indeed, and sadly there's no known solution as of now since Boris has no way of detecting the affected meshes unless they are 'marked' one by one, which is of course doable given that there are not that many meshes, but it's not a good solution since afterwards they will be incompatible with the vanilla game. Also mods will most likely cause issues. All in all, if you need to have the ability to control light beam intensity with ENB it's a trade-off you have to accept.

Thank you very much for replies :)
I'm making an huge mod and, curiosly, there are 4 dust beams only. I was wondering if your particle patch is "bugged" or not about the external emittance use.
Now, these beams are used in a semi-dark area. I think that a good idea is to duplicate the vanilla beams with another name file and use them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yep, that's probably the best solution - although there's always the chance that the beams will appear too bright or too dark for some users, but like said, it's a trade-off.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

narphous wrote:So I'm hoping someone can help, because this is driving me nuts. I found that the flame atronach body responds to the particle shader, while the armor responds to lightsprite. I'm trying to get the the body, at least, to respond to the fire shader, but am having zero luck. I looked at the firetrail mesh, which does respond to the fire shader, but cannot get the body the also respond to fire even after copying over the settings. So obviously, I'm missing something here. Can someone point me in the right direction to "fix" the atronach?
I'm having a similar problem, although the flame atronach body seems to be reacting to WindowLight on my end.

Also, I noticed that ash piles (those left when raised undead die again) respond to WindowLight as well. The bugs left in this game after 2.5 years of modding and fixing is astonishing. Hopefully Bethesda does a better job with their next game... And don't use Gamebryo.