TES Skyrim 0.264

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.264

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, disabling mist the correct way fixes it so it's the same issue as was reported earlier. I immediately miss the mist however. It's an excellent feature.

*sensei*

I tried to see that mist issue on my preset, but I couldn't reproduce it. My preset night is much darker than syklonis, though. Here are some screen captures I took on the rainy weather and the foggy weather. I included the mist config on those captures just in case I have it not configured it correctly.

OvercastRain 000C821F night:
http://i.imgur.com/P1jN7NP.jpg

OvercastRain 000C821F day:
http://i.imgur.com/6tXZANx.jpg

Foggy 000C821E night:
http://i.imgur.com/82BiJrr.jpg
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maeldun
Ignore weather setting is generic variable like interior variables for image based lighting, which don't have interior properties at all. I can't change that, because i don't like the idea to make every parameter independent and write hundreds of them. And subsurface scattering is not weather dependent, it can't be and will not be ever.

Mist produce that bug and it always "on", with any preset. All transparent objects drawed to secondary depth and special code applied to restore transparent objects image separately from scene and apply mist to image without transparent objects, to transparent objects and then blend both to final output. Volumetric fog above mountains have very huge distance and if some other transparent object is close enough to camera, written alpha depth is much closer to camera, while opacity of both objects used, so restoration produce incorrect results. Don't have any solutions to this, which don't have another type of bugs.

Hi Boris, have you been up to something new lately? Just wanted to know if there's some news.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No. Don't know what to do, all previous ideas from "todo" list looks useless for me now, no radical improvements and many of planned changes do not work initially (require a lot of editing, more than mist placement).

Hmm... that is unfortunate :(

How about a public "roadmap" post where you list things that you want to do, and if these are possible/not possible? Not just in regards to visual effects, but things like ENBSeries support for new games, further optimization, etc.
Other people may be able to suggest things in the post.

I don't know if it would be helpful for yourself, I'm just throwing out ideas now that you don't really know what to do. I think that this could help in organizing your mind.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm not working by "roadmap", it's not a job. And players can't suggest almost anything, they don't know much things about 3d graphics and the game.

*master*

Random thought that popped in during a shower about the snow bug (Vanilla engine thing), might be good, 80% chance I'm wrong though.

Is it possible the snow or DoF is being drawn in the wrong order? like Objects > DoF > depth pass > particles or Depth Pass > DoF > Objects > Particles?

Again, probably useless thoughts.

*master*

well, you made so many great things already with ENB. i can't think of any new stuff that could be added.
i think the things that skyrim lacks is better LOD handling and of course shadows at distance (and also shadows on things that cast weird or no shadows, like grass). but those things may be engine limited... which is a pity, it's just those things that would make skyrim look a ton better instantly and be on par somewhat with current engine games. makes me kind of sad looking at current U4 or Cry3 Engines to see skyrim loosing ground ;) i would even pay for those features in skyrim...

one thing maybe that could be improved is IBL. I don't know where the limits are, or how optimized it already is... of course i don't know a lot about the coding etc..
but if i may compare it to MAYA (3D program) for example, it doesn't really compare in terms of lighting.
maybe it is the colorization. and also a big part maybe the shadow/SSAO overwrite handling or conflicts (at higher values).
if you use low values, it looks great. but it's just very different from standard IBL?
forgive me, if i am totally wrong, which i guess i am :)
i love IBL, so i would just love to see it improved. or maybe just put more control for IBL into the menu, that handles colors or curves and so on.

*sensei*

Only thing I would love is a few extra passes in enbeffect.fx... I like messing with blurred textures to do stuff with... (same concept as effect.txt ... keep original input and have texture that update every pass) bloom texture is too wide and too low res to get good results when used in enbeffect. Don't want to put those effects in prepass, because people disable/conflicts with dof shader, etc.

For the rest, only gripe is shadow handling, but its engine feature that is just stupid. Shadow on lod would be awesome but impossible. I guess shadow on objects/mountains (lod or not) generated by ENB is impossible as well. Radius control on point light would be nice, as would be control of light intensity of spells separate from point light... (both not possible, I suppose). Lots of things limited by engine or too many bugs.