TES Skyrim 0.264

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.264

Thanks for adding the alt+f4 feature. Any chance you would change it to ctrl+alt+f4? I have many hotkeys setup in game using the alt key and I don't want to kill the game by mistake.

*master*

number6 wrote:Thanks for adding the alt+f4 feature. Any chance you would change it to ctrl+alt+f4? I have many hotkeys setup in game using the alt key and I don't want to kill the game by mistake.
I'm just throwing this out there in case it's not common knowledge: Alt-F4 is the standard key combination to terminate the current (has focus) application in Windows. I would think that anyone would like to avoid using key combinations that would lead them to accidently terminate the current application, whether it is a game or some other program.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't see any reason to do different keys combination, these not assigned by the game to any action and it's your fault that you did it. F4 alone to free video memory or backspace to reload preset - these are real problem.

*sensei*

Hey Boris!

Have you thought about making a PBR shader for Skyrim/F:NV/F3? I know that those games were not made to be used with physically based rendering but just replacing the specular and cubmaps with metalness and roughness would already give better results that just crappy old-gen shading with cubemaps that reflect with not accurate intensity and texture for the environment. Replacing them with raytraced screen space reflections like in UE4 or CE (Yours reflection shader isn't raytraced, isn't it?) would be SO much better, especially for Fallout games.

Also... HDR Motion blur...Boris...Please...Make it happen...Please...
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

MaxTheUniqueGamer wrote:Hey Boris!

Have you thought about making a PBR shader for Skyrim/F:NV/F3? I know that those games were not made to be used with physically based rendering but just replacing the specular and cubmaps with metalness and roughness would already give better results that just crappy old-gen shading with cubemaps that reflect with not accurate intensity and texture for the environment. Replacing them with raytraced screen space reflections like in UE4 or CE (Yours reflection shader isn't raytraced, isn't it?) would be SO much better, especially for Fallout games.

Also... HDR Motion blur...Boris...Please...Make it happen...Please...
Motion blur isn't possible sadly :( I asked a while back and he said that the game doesn't keep track of objects in motion, so it isn't feasible.

*sensei*

Frank wrote:
Motion blur isn't possible sadly :( I asked a while back and he said that the game doesn't keep track of objects in motion, so it isn't feasible.
HDR Screen motion blur is possible tho. But if Boris really hates the screen motion blur so much, He can use a method which use depth and velocity bufer to make it per pixel. I assume that He got access to those... or not? Depth is possible for sure since we got the DOF. I dunno how about velocity but if that's inaccessible, can not one just blur differences between current and previous frame using information from depth buffer? Or extract velocity from depth? I dunno, I'm a complete noob when it comes to the shaders knowledge but I bet that some form of motion blur should be possible. And even simple screen based motion blur can add a lot of the cinematic feel and smoothness (if it's HDR of course, LDR motion blur is shit).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MaxTheUniqueGamer
Damn, i wrote a lot of text, but closed browser window instead of another one. In short, Fallout is pain in the ass to modify from my side and impossible to make most of skyrim mod features. My reflections are raytraced. In skyrim this improvement not worth effort to implement it, game do not have backed gi lightmaps, annoy with useless lights without shadows placed everywhere, creepy colors, etc - all these affect quality much more. Motion blur in screen space only like i did in very old versions - sucks. Such blur used in many ue3 games and applied only when fast rotating camera, but what is actually it need for? At the time of games release dates that looks cool as new feature, but now nobody bother to pay attention to it. Velocity data not exist in the game, so the only usage of it by using depth data between two frames and camera data for same frames. Sounds easy, unless it's done on practice and then all transparent objects (which do not have depth) are corrupted in motion and all objects which move are also have bugs (temporal antialiasing is almost the same thing and you know how it buggy sometimes). Even when i tried to make smart masking for movable objects, there is another problem which can't be solved - not perfect time for calculating motion blur vector length vs time passed vs camera matrix difference. Game updates everything at certain moment and that moment defined as frame time passed, i can't get exactly the same time, only computed result in different thread with huge delay. So motion blur is kinda randomly stretched depending from cpu/gpu/hdd loads, previous frames times and async time between render thread and that thread, which compute frame time and updates all vectors. In other words, motion blur is not possible via wrappers without this bug at all and only old fast and smooth games allow to ignore the issue (but still, it's very visible in gtasa when flying f.e.).

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, I promise to do not bug You about motion blur again :P

Anyways, you're awesome, keep up the great work and never give up!

PS: You know how everybody praised the good performance of new COD? It can run 60 fps on even 5 years old GPUs, even tho it uses a lot shading, like bokeh DOF and PBR. It turns out that the guy behind SMAA was actually working on this and He released a whitepaper on how the shading is done to have such great performance (http://www.iryoku.com/next-generation-p ... ed-warfare). Check it out, maybe some of the techniques could be adopted to ENB to optimize and improve demanding shaders like GPs DOF.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't do much to increase performance, this is mod with ability to write custom shaders, this can't be equal or faster than hardcoded implementation in games with no dirty hands access. Also mod overloaded by effects which must be computed in single shader for better performance, but rediculous amount of parameters for each effect don't allow this to be done without raising size of internal shaders to not usable. Simply live with it or use much older version of the mod, i can't do anything but cut features.

One thing thats bothers me for a long time is the light in Skyrim. Strafing with torches through the night just doens't look satisfying. Generally all exterior lightsources emit this ugly light. Some mods altered intensity or the color of the light which makes it a littlebit more bearable, but i think it could be more smooth and cunning.
Is there something that could be done about this?