TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

Tapioks is not the only one. I started to test 265 tonight while working on some projects. When I went to Riften and entered the city it looked like the entire town was having a seizure. The road, the buildings, the roofs, everything was shaking a great deal. I had to disable it to be able to play.

I just started to test though. I came here ASAP as I was curious to see if anyone else had the problem as so far everything I had read indicated it was working fine for most people. Could be my textures in Riften (I have a lot).

Anyhow going back to playing and testing but figured I would just confirm that Tapioks is not the only one.

EDIT: Small update:

The following places I had major vibration issues:
- Riften City
- Riften Stables
- Markarth Stables

I was OK in the following:
- Inside buildings in Riften
- Whiterun Stables, Whiterun City, Inside buildings in Whiterun

EDIT TWO: I also get an issue with loading screens. Not jumping exactly but some weird texture issues. I tested with 265 and 264 and only happens with 265. Here is a sample:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7574/159 ... ff9a_o.png
Last edited by wolfgrimdark on 29 Dec 2014, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have only seen the issue I reported on a few exterior landscapes and 'nordic tomb' interiors; it does not occur frequently and cannot occur on loading screens. The issue I am reporting is specifically with shadows; in my video, the shadows cast on the landscape are flickering when facing towards the sun. I do not experience any sort of 'shaking' issues myself, just the shadows flashing on and off.

Will take a look at Riften and see if I experience any issues there...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks wrote:I have only seen the issue I reported on a few exterior landscapes and 'nordic tomb' interiors; it does not occur frequently and cannot occur on loading screens. The issue I am reporting is specifically with shadows; in my video, the shadows cast on the landscape are flickering when facing towards the sun. I do not experience any sort of 'shaking' issues myself, just the shadows flashing on and off.

Will take a look at Riften and see if I experience any issues there...
Hmm I have not had any issues like that. Sorry I misunderstood. I have tried a few more times. The vibrations only occur with 265 and not 264. No idea why.

wolfgrimdark wrote:Tapioks is not the only one. I started to test 265 tonight while working on some projects. When I went to Riften and entered the city it looked like the entire town was having a seizure. The road, the buildings, the roofs, everything was shaking a great deal. I had to disable it to be able to play.

I just started to test though. I came here ASAP as I was curious to see if anyone else had the problem as so far everything I had read indicated it was working fine for most people. Could be my textures in Riften (I have a lot).

Anyhow going back to playing and testing but figured I would just confirm that Tapioks is not the only one.

EDIT: Small update:

The following places I had major vibration issues:
- Riften City
- Riften Stables
- Markarth Stables

I was OK in the following:
- Inside buildings in Riften
- Whiterun Stables, Whiterun City, Inside buildings in Whiterun

EDIT TWO: I also get an issue with loading screens. Not jumping exactly but some weird texture issues. I tested with 265 and 264 and only happens with 265. Here is a sample:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7574/159 ... ff9a_o.png

I'm having shaking in Riften and Riften stables as well, haven't had any problems with loading screens

edit:
I'll make a quick video of the issue soon, having major shake/vibration around windhelm as well as the shadow flicker bug tapioks reported

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZLpRYd ... e=youtu.be
The shaking is most visible during first few seconds in the video. For some reason it doesnt look as bad in youtube. The shadow flicker bug is also there.
So far I've encountered these bugs near Riften and Windhelm.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Great to see that you are still supporting this mess of a game Boris.

The shaking is affected in the same manner as the ghosting in previous versions, higher performance rates/FPS ranges = less or no shaking, while lower performance rates/FPS ranges increases the amplitude of the shaking/amount of shakiness.
Haven't really looked into it further but it isn't object/location based as far as I've been able to tell, or at least what I saw. Tree pines and other edges on objects are the things that is most affected, due to fact that is the area with most noticeable aliasing I would gather.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I see this issue myself, the problem is to fix it as don't understand yet what is wrong with matrices.

Thanks for the update, Boris!
Works very well so far. Btw, is volumetric clouds still happening? Those early shots you released some time ago looked very promising!

Anyway, keep up the good work!

*master*

thanks boris !!
i like the feature.

did you give "colorfromenvironment" of mist for multiple weathers a thought yet? just asking to know if it is still in the picture or something that is not going to happen because of coding limitations.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed shadow flickering at some places when temporal antialiasing enabled. Disabled fps limiter at loading screens.

benhat
Sorry, i ignored that request, found no reason to use it. Weather is editable in CK and mist/fog color is hard linked to it, in real life.

wrien
Don't know about clouds, i've done the code without editor and tweaking math of them, lost any interest after the fact it's work (that's how shitty coder am i).