TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

ENBSeries wrote:I've dropped idea with buying AMD card as solution for NVidia XP driver compatibility bug with motherboard NForce chipset, when Creative sound card installed. Just got external sound card with integrated headphones amplifier, now i'm happy, half year of Realtek pain is over.

And what about bug with NVidia driver and shadows in Skyrim with the mod, any progress finding when it happens and when not?
been using the latest nvidia driver since it was release. I dont see one single bugs. So who ever posted that they have bugs, probably it was user end and not the driver. Don't go AMD it's a POS with POS driver developer. It will only make shit worst. BTW how much money do you need to make a new computer where you at ? maybe i can help and get yourself something like GTX970. PM me and let me know.

*sensei*

@ Boris
Hey mate. If it's possible, would you able to list which textures and/or texture directory makes use of the terrain parallax. I'm just testing textures myself to make use of the new feature, but I'd like your confirmation.

I also want to add that there's no problem with the newest NVIDIA drivers on my end. Most of the people who have been reporting problems to me didn't use clean .ini files (Skyrim.ini, SkyrimPrefs.ini) after updating their drivers.

And didn't get a chance to say it, but Happy New Year.

Flickr
Twitter

ENBSeries wrote:Version updated, download again
Added parallax for terrain, some vanilla textures already work (alpha channel of diffuse maps is height data for parallax).
I want to be positive of this before I start any projects. The parallax for this feature is calculated from the alpha channel from diffuse maps (textures) and not the normal maps. Correct?

*sensei*

@ TechAngel85
Added parallax for terrain, some vanilla textures already work (alpha channel of diffuse maps is height data for parallax).

Correct.

Flickr
Twitter

ZeroKing wrote:@ TechAngel85

Correct.
Thanks for the verification!

EDIT:
Will this also effect interior ground textures? Such as stone floors?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85 wrote:
tapioks wrote:I am interested in what is possible with parallax terrain, though I think the effect should probably be disabled by default. When used with textures that are not designed for the effect, the results can be very ... interesting....

I'm curious, is all that needs to be done to fix this issue is to remove the alpha channel from the texture and re-save it until author's provide the proper height maps in the alpha?

looking like tamu75 fixing one by one textures in his mod. Check it out vote and endorse. Amazing stuffs.

So far Coastal sand and Riveredge nice looking.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61416/?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey guys, I'm going slightly off-topic but one of the users of my preset is only seeing their HUD show up when loading their game and the rest of the screen is black. I feel like I've run across this before but I can't remember the cause, situation or a fix. Does anybody know a fix for this? Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

charlievoviii
Prices for hardware increased almost twice since last year, so i'm even more not interested to upgrade anything, i just understand that crappy pieces of plastic and metal made by robots in few minutes is half of month of my life and it's not something new experience or satisfaction, there are better way to spent time. Anyway, if gta5 will cost too much ram even with lowest texture and draw distance setting, i will do an upgrade.

ZeroKing
Sorry, i can't say which textures, because not sophisticated in native game modding, for me the only way to find them is to browse files visually. Try the same, texture for displacement is diffuse, so it is basically what you see on terrain when direct lighting amount is zero and ambient is high and desaturated.

TechAngel85
I want to be positive of this before I start any projects. The parallax for this feature is calculated from the alpha channel from diffuse maps (textures) and not the normal maps. Correct?
Yes. Do not touch normal maps, may be i'll use their alpha channel for different purposes.
Will this also effect interior ground textures? Such as stone floors?
Only if they are terrain geometry. Otherwise, use standart parallax by modifying objects in NIF editor.

Jafin16
Have not idea why such bug may happen, so it's probably hidden gem of the game or drivers.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote:Hey guys, I'm going slightly off-topic but one of the users of my preset is only seeing their HUD show up when loading their game and the rest of the screen is black. I feel like I've run across this before but I can't remember the cause, situation or a fix. Does anybody know a fix for this? Thanks!
tell him to check his skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini files. Also what video card does he have, Nvidia or AMD ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:charlievoviii
Prices for hardware increased almost twice since last year, so i'm even more not interested to upgrade anything, i just understand that crappy pieces of plastic and metal made by robots in few minutes is half of month of my life and it's not something new experience or satisfaction, there are better way to spent time. Anyway, if gta5 will cost too much ram even with lowest texture and draw distance setting, i will do an upgrade.
Well you only can do so much with that old system and windows XP. I can't even imagine what you're capable off if you have a better computer with new stuffs and windows 8.1. How much tax do you have to pay if i ship you a computer?