TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

It's a bit small yes, so is the Shortcut & Tips button down at left bottom corner and the rest of the GUI specific buttons :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

By the way Boris, there are three shadow light bulbs type in the game.
The most used is Omni-Directional and then there are the Spotlight and the third one is Hemispheric light. The omni-directional functions with the Detailed Shadows effect, the other two shadow light bulbs are unaffected, or not affected in the same manner at least.
Just to clarify that Guzio was talking about shadow light bulbs not working with Detailed Shadoows effect and not the none shadow light bulbs

Ok Boris here is a comparison of all shadow light bulbs, starting with ENB off by using Shift+f12

If the images are too dark for you I will make another brighter set, or if the changes between images are too minor to see, I will do a better comparison set.
Following the image links goes to the full size 1920x1080 resolution images.

ENB off, Omni-Directional shadow light;

ENB On, Omni-Directional shadow light

ENB on, Hemispheric shadow light

ENB on, Spot shadow light

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris - Thanks for your response :) and Jawz -- for help in translating what I meant :)
I was talking about shadows casting by the spot and hemispheric lights.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ-- wrote:Yeah it is, only solution I have to sort of add sections are adding things like this;

Code: Select all

int SECTION_HDR_B <
  string UIName = "-----------------HDR-BASE------------------"; int UIMin=0; int UIMax=0;
> = {0};
  int SECTION_HDR_B_E <
    string UIName = "-----------------EXTERIOR-----------HDR-B"; int UIMin=0; int UIMax=0;
  > = {0};
Just don't use "=" as the first character in UIName, it will confuse the mod and flood the .fx.ini

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guzio;
You're most welcome :) After all it is an issue concerning us all ;)

kingeric1992;
It's some, or all, operators like >, =, ! and similar that is used during combinations of variables that creates that flooding as well.
But I don't have = in my UI name, the one you are seeing is the one that is needed their.
But maybe you where just adding a heads up perhaps and not refering to my annotations names having a = in them?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm, I'm getting a CTD again with the new vanilla bloom multiplier variable added to enbeffect.fx... maybe I implemented incorrectly?

In the top area I have my GUI controls:

bool SWITCH_BLOOM <    
	string UIName = "ENB Bloom";
> = {false};

float fBloomMult <
      string UIName="Bloom Intensity";  string UIWidget="Spinner";  float UIMin=0.0;  float UIMax=10.0;
> = {1.0};

Then lower down in the 'xcolorbloom' area, I commented out the default code and replaced with the following:

float4 xcolorbloom=0;
	if (SWITCH_BLOOM == true)
	{
	xcolorbloom = tex2D(_s3, _v0.xy); // ENB bloom
	}
	else
	{
	xcolorbloom = tex2D(_s1, _v0.xy); 
	color.rgb += xcolorbloom.xyz * fBloomMult; // Vanilla bloom
	}

xcolorbloom.xyz=xcolorbloom-r1;
	xcolorbloom.xyz=max(xcolorbloom, 0.0);
	r1.xyz+=xcolorbloom*EBloomAmount;
Is this not correct?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Seeing any similarities ;)

color.rgb += xcolorbloom.xyz * fBloomMult;
r1.xyz+=xcolorbloom*EBloomAmount;
You have to rename color to r1, because the color variable has yet to be defined. It's done later in the file. At least that is what I can tell from that code snippet you posted.

r1.rgb += xcolorbloom.xyz * fBloomMult;
rgb and xyz is the same in this regard.
I usually name color manipulation with .rgb, texture and related content with .xyz. Just a habit.

Maybe PM or separate thread would be in order so we don't crowd this thread up even more with Off-Topic comments.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ-- wrote: kingeric1992;
It's some, or all, operators like >, =, ! and similar that is used during combinations of variables that creates that flooding as well.
But I don't have = in my UI name, the one you are seeing is the one that is needed their.
But maybe you where just adding a heads up perhaps and not refering to my annotations names having a = in them?
I'm not referring to yours of course, I'm just saying this because I accidentally release files with UIName="====Section====" before, and didn't notice it until weeks later. It makes me kinds of feels bad, so people definitely need to avoid this when adding GUIs.

And I think only "=" will cause this because helpermod automatically add = before UIName and write to .ini, so having = in the first char in UIName will force it to update every time it's load.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@JAWZ

Thanks buddy, that did the trick!

Looks like I will still have to use another ENB preset to demo the bloom effect, however, as the NLA .esp still makes the sky so bright in exteriors that the vanilla bloom is still blown out -- even when set to 0.01 intensity! Interiors are no problem, can set intensity to 0.25 - 0.50 for demo purposes.

Any recommendations for a preset that might be suitable? I figure any that don't use custom weathers should be fine, but I want to keep a fairly 'natural' (rather than fantastical) game image for the bloom demo video, to at least keep it somewhat consistent with the other videos...

Thanks again for all your help! Umm... also I guess let's close this discussion here to get things back topic, as you suggest :P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks
JawZ ELEP ENB might be a good choice. Very vanilla friendly from what I hear. Serenity is another thought, but it has some very unique bloom code that wouldn't necessarily be representative of what it will do in most presets.