TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

Sure thing, business as usual. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted out soon.

*master*

sure, new hardware is not as failsafe as 20 year old hardware (that is why NASA uses C64-like hardware in 2015 to fly to mars)
if you select upper-middle class hardware price/quality, you are ok. dont settle for only midrange for mainboard for example. i sell hardware, and have next to no RMAs. dont buy the ultra crazy overclocked stuff, you know... , and dont buy that 1$ mainboard. thats about it. always read some comments from buyers on marketplaces for hardware when you have selected something you are looking for, where they can also post defects.
if you want i can have a look at your selection, when you have done so. just PM me or something.

Hi. I've posted elsewhere before (in fact, on the .236 thread) but I'm having the same issue with this version as well and hopefully since this one is a bit more active I could possibly get further support.

Basically enbhost.exe fails to launch. I've tried both the wrapper, and injector version without avail.
Antivirus isn't blocking it, nor should my firewall. I'm currently running W7 and loading up skyrim through SKSE loader.

TESV.exe launches, but freezes when it hits ~10000K memory useage. It doesn't go any further, and skyrim never actually starts. If I run SKSE loader as admin, the game starts up, but ENB isn't launched. Am I basically SOL here? Any version with enbhost does not work for me whatsoever.

*sensei*

Did you install the game inside a restricted folder ? Your steam games lib should always be somewhere not inside program files etc.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

benhat
Perhaps i'll grab Gigabyte ga-z97-hd3 as it is have ethernet driver for winxp on the Realtek web site. Asus z97-k is alternative, but it use strange "rtl8111gr" chip which not listed on Realtek site at all. Cpu may be i5-4690k as it have better thermal interface, good for downcloking for my silent sistem. Or may be i3 from haswell refresh, they are also running under low temperatures (sucks in modern games).

Aiyen wrote:Did you install the game inside a restricted folder ? Your steam games lib should always be somewhere not inside program files etc.
It's installed in my program files directory. Never had an issue with anything before. Could this be it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Saric92
It's very possible if you have UAC enabled.

*master*

@boris
here is what i have found: http://www.realtek.com.tw/press/newsVie ... =1&Level=1
you are right there is no specific driver (download). i would go ask ASUS or Realtek about that, if its the same as the G Version its fine.
from the looks of it i would go for the ASUS because it is one step up on the quality ladder (from what i could read about the boards in their specs). also you are sure there is not going to be audio glitches of the onboard sound like noise interfence from other components.
both boards have no negative "comments" about them.

go for i5 cpu. i3 is just so much slower... worth the price anytime when you are working and gaming with a pc. and you dont have to upgrade your cpu in 2 years, because adobe thinks about "bloatwaring" its flash player even more :P and you cant even watch a youtube video in HD...(or what will come after it) its ridiculous but somewhat true...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haha, yeah, i can't any more watch youtube 480p with old single core celeron m 2.13ghz because of 80-100% cpu usage, while 2 years ago it was less than 20%.
So, i got gigabyte ga-z97-hd3, because saw too many reviews of doa asus z97-k and similar models, including some other unique issues. i5-4690k, kingston 2x4gb without any iron hiding chips vendor (wanted 2x8, but wasted money for another device previously :( ). Will do memory tests later, atm running them for old mobo, for which i found prehistoric sempron and fortunately it work with downgraded bios, so it still alive (i hope new rig will not work properly, so i'll stay on my old :lol: ).
And one more damn problem. Got hdmi to vga+audio converter in hope it have better quality than my old one xbox to vga (which is not original, chinese fooled me). After trying it few minutes i have strange behavior of my display in bios of old pc and in dos mode of memory test, black line and noise, which dissapear after 10-15 seconds (in low resolutions it now have very low brightness). I hope it's not because of videocard or mobo, but i love my crt display colors, don't want to buy another one. Well, it was better to not touch anything.

PS: useless offtopic, but this can be warning for someone.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Haha, yeah, i can't any more watch youtube 480p with old single core celeron m 2.13ghz because of 80-100% cpu usage, while 2 years ago it was less than 20%.
So, i got gigabyte ga-z97-hd3, because saw too many reviews of doa asus z97-k and similar models, including some other unique issues. i5-4690k, kingston 2x4gb without any iron hiding chips vendor (wanted 2x8, but wasted money for another device previously :( ). Will do memory tests later, atm running them for old mobo, for which i found prehistoric sempron and fortunately it work with downgraded bios, so it still alive (i hope new rig will not work properly, so i'll stay on my old :lol: ).
And one more damn problem. Got hdmi to vga+audio converter in hope it have better quality than my old one xbox to vga (which is not original, chinese fooled me). After trying it few minutes i have strange behavior of my display in bios of old pc and in dos mode of memory test, black line and noise, which dissapear after 10-15 seconds (in low resolutions it now have very low brightness). I hope it's not because of videocard or mobo, but i love my crt display colors, don't want to buy another one. Well, it was better to not touch anything.

PS: useless offtopic, but this can be warning for someone.
Not sure if we're talkng about the same thing, but those black lines and noise are likely to be caused by the adapter. Newer cards tend to have problems with certain adapter types. Had the same issue with an older monitor I set up to test some things. As soon as I started a game I got black lines running down the screen. The display brightness seem to affect the intensity of said lines.

One question regarding ENB, how do you get the sun position? I tried to reduce the maximal sun altitude to get a more natural sun movement curve, but ENB seems to be unable to get the sun position once done.
You've said before that you use sky matrices to compute effects, would repositioning the sun requiere to make bigger changes, or would the changes apply autmoatically once the correct sun position is determined(maybe by doing it manually by defining the x,y,z max values for the movement curve) ?