TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim

Estebanium
I found your "problem"... "Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB" by Confidence-Man use the "Multiple" Weathers ini files... ;) (Each Weathers id set with the ENB)
It's normal that you cant see any changes because you made the mofications on the "main" enbseries.ini rather than the specific ini files for the current weather!! :)

On the GUI, you have a line for open up the weather window! Like this:

And made your modifications in the Weather window and also, SAVE your modifications on this one!

EDIT: For the strange "blue lines" around the objects, set this line like this in the "enblocal.ini":

[PERFORMANCE]
EnableZPrepass=false

I hope I helped you! ;)

Greetings

Asgaard wrote:Estebanium
I found your "problem"... "Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB" by Confidence-Man use the "Multiple" Weathers ini files... ;) (Each Weathers id set with the ENB)
It's normal that you cant see any changes because you made the mofications on the "main" enbseries.ini rather than the specific ini files for the current weather!! :)

On the GUI, you have a line for open up the weather window! Like this:

And made your modifications in the Weather window and also, SAVE your modifications on this one!

EDIT: For the strange "blue lines" around the objects, set this line like this in the "enblocal.ini":

[PERFORMANCE]
EnableZPrepass=false

I hope I helped you! ;)

Greetings
Thank you for your help! Yes the blue outlining is vanished, wuhuu! I had a look at the weather settings and played a bit around, unfurtunately I can not get any good looking result to let the water look more like water. It didn't feel like a moving liquid.

This texture mod however changes the water texture to more of what I have in mind: New textures for WATER mod by Galilist: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50410
It creates nice looking waves. The [water] settings are still the same from Confi.. The last thing is, that I would like to change the color of the water, because I feel like that the water is too blueish green. Has someone an idea of how to change the water color?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Estebanium
Asgaard has it right! Alternatively, you COULD set IgnoreWeatherSystem=true (i.e. click the checkmark) and then do all of your editing of water that way. The advantage of setting it in the weather window is that you can set different amplitudes for different weathers (higher amplitude for bigger waves in storms or something like that), the downside is that you'll have to redo the water for every single weather there's a .ini file for (NLA has around 15-20 IIRC). If you IgnoreWeatherSystem=true you can edit it like you have been and the changes will be global... and this is my preferred way to do it.

You can change the color somewhat by modifying frennelmin/max but that won't do what you're really going for. The only real way to change the color is modifying the textures (meaning a water mod).

*sensei*

The color of water is decided by an .esp and the related water values you can set in the CK. You do not have to mess with textures at all.

*master*

@Asgaard
you pretty much nailed it with your latest shots and setup in terms of blending of color and lighting
would love to see some downscaled 4k shots ;) (bigger screenshots)

*sensei*

benhat
Thanks dude, appreciate!! ;) But I cant post 4K resolution pics because I have a Laptop (my full resolution is 1600x900 on a 17" screen)
However, you can watch the screenshots in 1600x900 on my Flickr!! ;) (Only the last pics are in 1600x900 and the others in 1280x720) But the all the future screenshots will be in 1600x900!! Cheers!!

*master*

have you tried SRWE? doesn't matter what res your screen has, it will just be a window that goes beyond your edges, take the shot and downscale. of course you will need to set the shot up before mostly. you can google it, midhras has a good guide as i remember.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen wrote:The color of water is decided by an .esp and the related water values you can set in the CK. You do not have to mess with textures at all.
*blinks*
I... had no idea...

*scrambles off to the CK*

*sensei*

@jarfin

You do not even need the CK actually. You can just get tes5edit, and then download the mod watercolor for ENB and adjust that. It will already have the relevant entries edited.

Ofc. it is a bit easier inside the CK since you can see the color change in real time. And even though ENB is limited in the CK it does actually show water color as it will be ingame... accurately enough anyways.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I figured that out after taking a peak. Opened Watercolor as I figured it had those parameters, as you mentioned. I just can't believe I didn't already know this!