TES Skyrim 0.277

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.277

Jay_ombie wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Jay_ombie
Kill processes which are not Windows related, you have a lot.

What processes are they ? - I never had to disable processes before, to play Skyrim with your ENB. :o
I made a script some time ago that I use when I have compatibility issues.

This script teminates every process on your computer EXCEPT the ones you whitelisted.
For example, Now all microsoft, Valve and Logitech processes is whitelisted, you can add more by manufacturer brand.
Microsoft is whitelisted to prevent temination of system processes, Logitech is an example And Valve is needed to have steam on while playing Skyrim.

I made this with batch as it safest for other users to see the code and easy to change.
Save as anything.bat & savetype: all file types

Save in your skyrim folder. Save your work, Start the batch and DO NOT close it and then start Skyrim.

Code: Select all

@echo off
:-------------------------------------
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"

if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Get Admin Rights......
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto HarAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set ADMIN = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "HarAdmin.vbs"
    echo ADMIN.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "HarAdmin.vbs"

"HarAdmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:HarAdmin
    if exist "HarAdmin.vbs" ( del "HarAdmin.vbs" )
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
:--------------------------------------
cls
echo Started as Admin.  Continuing script.
ping localhost -n  3 > NUL
cls
:--------------------------------------

setlocal

set "whitelist=Microsoft Valve Logitech"

for /f "tokens=2 delims=," %%I in (
    'wmic process get executablepath^,status /format:csv ^| find "\"'
) do (
    set "proc=%%~I"
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion 
    set /p "=%%~I: "<NUL
    wmic datafile where "name='!proc:\=\\!'" get manufacturer | findstr /i "%whitelist%" >NUL && (
        echo OK
    ) || (
        echo Terminated
        taskkill /im "%%~nxI" /f
    )
    endlocal
)

:firstrun
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq TESV.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "TESV.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" (
echo error Skyrim is not running...
cls
goto firstrun
) else (
taskkill /im "explorer.exe" /f
goto checkGame
)

:checkGame
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq TESV.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "TESV.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" (
echo Skyrim is running...
echo Do not close this, it terminates itself when you exit Skyrim.
cls
goto checkGame
) else (
start explorer.exe
exit
)
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*master*

Just had an interesting idea. What if we could have multiple palette textures that were weather dependent? So depending on the weather, you could crossfade into a different palette. Borris, is this something doable or worthwhile?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This don't need any coding from my side and easy to implement in shaders only, except multiple palette files because of limit of samplers count, so just put them all in single file.

*master*

I see, so we can code a shader to look at what weather is active through enb? (Forgive my ignorance, I'm not a shader programmer)

Also, one other suggestion: https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ColorGr ... %20texture

In that link, Epic describes how they use an unwrapped 3D LUT (simple png image) to do color correction.

Unaffected Texture: Image
Modified Texture: Image

This is pretty powerful as it allows for individual colors to be hue shifted and their saturation controlled without affecting the image as a whole. Basically it stores the information of anything you could possibly do to an image in Photoshop adjustment layers. Perhaps this could be worked into ENB at some point?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You are very wrong. Post processing is far more complex, it cannot be covered by one texture only. And color processing of hdr is not photoshop, not palettes and not anything else like that. If you need any artistic filters it's not the right place to ask.
viewforum.php?f=7 or Nexus, some preset authors now have enough knowledge in shaders programming to create additional features, i can't change default preset files.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:You are very wrong. Post processing is far more complex, it cannot be covered by one texture only. And color processing of hdr is not photoshop, not palettes and not anything else like that. If you need any artistic filters it's not the right place to ask.
viewforum.php?f=7 or Nexus, some preset authors now have enough knowledge in shaders programming to create additional features, i can't change default preset files.
A 3D LUT in that single texture can do pretty much what I described: Advanced color manipulation. Hue shifting of color ranges, saturation levels, contrast curves, etc. I know this because I have created a few myself for use with ReShade MasterEffect which now has support for 3D LUT files. I did color adjustment to a screenshot in photoshop, desaturating certain colors and applied the same effect to the 3D LUT png. ReShade reads the file and applies the corrections.

Of course I'm not saying that a 3D LUT is all encompassing for post processing effects, but for color correction, a 3D LUT is very powerful.

From the UDK Page:

Code: Select all

Various color corrections are possible. Here are a few examples:

Brightness
Saturation
Simple contrast (linear with clamping)
Higher quality contrast (e.g. curves with a steeper linear part in the middle)
Selective changes to the darks, midtones and bright areas of an image (e.g. curves)
Selective changes to specific colors (best expressed in some color space where the brightness is in a separate channel e.g. LAB)
Adjustements can be even done in a different color space (e.g. LAB keeps brightness and color independent which can be very useful)
If it is not worth the trouble to you, I understand and that is fair. I was only suggesting looking into it as a possible replacement for the current palette texture method. Not because the current method is bad, just that the 3D LUT allows more advanced color manipulation. :) Have a good day Boris
Last edited by TreyM on 09 Jul 2015, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again for the detailed suggestions.

I'll proceed to kill processes, and delve.

Any success I be back to tell.

I do have a sneaky suspicion it maybe ENB related though, out of interest what ENB's is everyone using here ?

* UPDATE *

Found the issue.

I was missing but a single FX file and now seems crucial else the wrapper will crash.

enblens.fx

I had not had that file in my directory nor ever used such a file before now with ENB, there ENB's out there do not have this file it seems either. Of course this may not even cause issues with others as it will depend on set up and ENB I suppose. Either way v277 is now working for me, so thanks again all for your suggestions and patience.
RAM : 8GB DDR3 800MHz
Sound : HyperCloud 7.1
VR : Rift

Obsidian Weathers and Luminous ENB.
ENB 0.402

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TreyM
Palette is left for compatibility with old versions of the effect.txt shaders and was requested, personally i do not use any color processing like this ever, this is one of the reasons i hate what graphics programmers do. ENBSeries is not casual trash and i prevent this to happen as much as i can.

Jay_ombie
0.277 do not have any changes to file reading and that shader too, so you are not fixed anything and keeps using crapware.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:TreyM
Palette is left for compatibility with old versions of the effect.txt shaders and was requested, personally i do not use any color processing like this ever, this is one of the reasons i hate what graphics programmers do. ENBSeries is not casual trash and i prevent this to happen as much as i can.
Fair Enough.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TreyM
The next thing I'm doing in updating my own preset (whenever I can get myself to not get tired of Skyrim in 3 minutes) is remove a palette texture altogether and use procedural correction. It allows for overall higher quality and a more HDR image. Everything that can be done with a palette can be done through other, more powerful tonemapping and color correction techniques already available through ENB. Palette textures are sorta the lazy man's way to do it. Companies like Epic are simply out to make money and if they can use shortcuts to produce a better image than they had before (even if its still inferior to what they COULD do) then they'll do it. Such techniques also fit very well into ReShade and MasterEffect since they are by their nature generic for use with many games. ENB gets tailored to one game at a time.