TES Skyrim

post screenshots of enbseries
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim

I was very intrigued when I saw the possibilities ENB would bring to Skyrim in this very thread, so I've used Yadda's Realistic ENB Config v1.021 as a starting point to create my own config (and I guess you have to install it first to make my preset work).

The first thing I had to turn off was indirect lighting, as it immediately brought my system to its knees, with like one frame every 3 seconds or so. I've tried to come up with a more naturalistic, soft (not too blurry) look for skyrim, not as contrasty (or "punchy") as many of the other configs I've seen around. Also the nights should be dark, but still "playable", while still having the whole thing run fluidly on my relatively modest setup (Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6800).

Comparing my preset to some of the others here, I guess this look won't be everyone's cup of tea - it's sometimes foggy and not as bloomy as others. The only thing I just couldn't get to work was a nice, bright sun disc... as soon as I turned up the bloom for that, everything else goes down in a haze (something I really don't want). If anybody has a tip how to create a bright glowing sun, without getting everything else to glow as well, please "enlighten" ( ;) ) me...

On with some sunny daytime shots:

Some overcast shots:

Dusk, Interiors and Nighttime:

A lot more shots can be found HERE. I guess the final appearance depends massively on your monitor setup, so these shots might very well be too bright or dark on your screen. I'd say the brightness slider in the game could be the final tweak to push this preset to something you might like. The ini-file can be found attached to this post, my palette file can be downloaded HERE.
Attachments
enbseries.ini
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

So I was hoping that you would post your config to "proove me wrong" :P

Gionight wrote:For me it's as good as it is, but for release it needs to be flawless . My first and the last video was presentation of my ENB sett fro GTA 4 and the the end result on youtube was insanely bad thats why I will never upload any videos in future, to represent some of my mods. I hop you understand my position .
Why dont u release a beta for testing it? thats all we wanted...

Gionight wrote:
legacyy wrote:@Gionight
I have a question about ur settings. Are they based on the 0.101 or the 0.102 version of Skyrim :?:
I heard both from different people and just want to know it^^
No, It's based on 0.99v and I'm completely satisfied with it but for a release I have to wait newer one to replicate my settings on a new ENB version. Just have no time and don't want to mess with 0.102 if 0.103 will be completely different .
0.99? where is this version?

*sensei*

guest>>>
I thought about this, but my answer was not just for you :P

guest1>>>
Ask Boris, I think there is no download link.
Last edited by Gionight on 03 Jan 2012, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Guest wrote:
Gionight wrote:
legacyy wrote:@Gionight
I have a question about ur settings. Are they based on the 0.101 or the 0.102 version of Skyrim :?:
I heard both from different people and just want to know it^^
No, It's based on 0.99v and I'm completely satisfied with it but for a release I have to wait newer one to replicate my settings on a new ENB version. Just have no time and don't want to mess with 0.102 if 0.103 will be completely different .
0.99? where is this version?
That's what I was thinking. Everywhere I look the version jumps from .98 right 1.00... where is .99?

Here are some using a bit modified version of Confident's
Added a bit of bloom with blueshift and changed small lighting parameters

gotta play with occlusion turned off otherwise FPS is unplayable

Techuser wrote:gotta play with occlusion turned off otherwise FPS is unplayable
So those screenshots are without any SSAO at all?

I'm using SSAO indirect lighting but ambient occlusion is turned off (look the grass in the marsh shot)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Laserschwert
Better create new topic with own .ini file in it, because only 3 users downloaded yours, it's almost not visible in single post.

oh dear Gionight.
Your screenshots make me want to hijack your pc just to see the greatness of your tweak in motion.
Eagerly awaiting your preset!!!!!!
Good work!