Skyrim shadows in eyes

fixing bugs
  • Author

Skyrim shadows in eyes

I'm getting some weird shadows in the middle of peoples eyes when detailed shadow and shadowqualityfix are enabled. Disabling both of them gets rid of the shadows in the eyes but all the other shadows look bad without it.

Detailed shadow + Shadowqualityfix:

Disabled:

Is there any way to get rid of just the shadows in the eyes without disabling the shadow fixes?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Skyrim shadows in eyes

No, game not made to avoid shadows on the eyes or make them any kind of different. All i can is to modify detailed shadows code to more precise, but this will not solve the issue much. It's one of the problem i stuck with and waiting for some ideas in my mind.

Any thought to looking as this issue again Boris? I love you :P . It is odd becuase the shadow bug is related to camera distance and angle, I mean something is just casting a shadow on the eye? The problem only stems from shadow casting point lights as well. Has anyone thought to make some kind of custom mesh so the eye lids / lashes are just transparent to theres nothing to interfere and cast a shadow. Oh well... :roll:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is unfixable. Why users expect no shadows for certain 3d objects? Just because they are not exist in vanilla game doesn't mean it's correct. But the mod do not apply shadows to eyes, because eyes drawed as transparent objects almost after everything else in the scene. As they are not included in computation of any defer based effects (ssao, ibl, etc) i'm using extra mask drawing of them to filter out background (bloody red skin behind the eyes), i can't do any better, especially with non vanilla eyes.

Its okay Boris, was only curious, I still love you :D